wouldent it suck....

e_r_i_k

to be some of these guys fighting....lol

i read that diego sanchez.....the "nightmare"....is moving back to WW

and to be honest....for what??

BJ gave him his own **** on a silver plater

what makes him think he can move to WW and do anything?

sure,he could probably win some fights...probably even be a top contender

but really...could he ever beat GSP?

NO...so whats the difference?

im really not sure why im even writing this...lol

but what fighters do you guys have listed that are great,but due to the current champ in their division,just will never(well anything is possible;) )get the gold?

sure' date='he could probably win some fights...probably even be a top contender

but what fighters do you guys have listed that are great,but due to the current champ in their division,just will never(well anything is possible;) )get the gold?[/quote']

I would think the UFC have some sway on which div a fighter goes to. I believe that they're looking for more contenders for GSP, and while Diego could never beat him imo at least it's a new contender.

Plus Diego has got as far as he can at LW and can see how far he can climb in WW.

Franklin was the same, who wants to be a definite 2nd in their div? May as well cling to the hope that you can be champ at a different weight. (or wait for A.S. to retire!)

I think Diego is moving up to WW because he knows it will take him 2-3 years to get another shot at BJ. He probably thinks he can get a shot at GSP a little sooner, plus it's got to be tough for him to get down to 155.

I'm not somebody who believes that Diego could never beat BJ Penn. I think he had a bad strategy going in. He should have done everything in his power to take Penn down (I know easier said than done), and used his size advantage and strength to out wrestle Penn.

Jesus man he is a great fighter. Not everyone has to be a champ to be considered a good fighter. Plus you never know maybe one day he'll do it. It's not like he is on his last few fight years.

EXACTLY.. Look at Fedor....He is consideted by many foolish people to be the best fighter in the world, and he isnt even the #1 contender in Strikeforce......HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Lol how is Diego top3 lw and top5 WW. Diego's way overrated and Penn exposed how much he really is lacking. No other person has Penn dominated so hard.

Diego is far from overrated...In fact, I'd say Penn would be able to dominate some of the fighters in MW division.......Penn makes everyone look like a crappy fighter now days.......St. Pierre and Silva are the same way.....

Well I guess everyone in the LW, WW, and MW divisions should just go ahead and quit! I mean why bother? No one is going to beat the current champs of those divisions for the title so why even stick around at all?

Win or lose, Diego is going to put on a good fight at any weight, as will the wide majority of fighters in all divisions. But I guess if you aren't fighting for the belt you may as well not fight at all eh?

You don't need style matcups, or grudge fights, or contender fights at all, only title fights are worth watching right?

You don't need matchups of two legends and founders of the sport, matching strategy and gameplans, putting years of experience and knowledge to the test .

You don't need exciting, action filled matchups of up and coming fighters, laying it all out there just trying to put on an exciting fight and expand their fanbase.

As the great Chad OchoCinco would say....

Child PLEASE!!

sure' date='he could probably win some fights...probably even be a top contender

but what fighters do you guys have listed that are great,but due to the current champ in their division,just will never(well anything is possible;) )get the gold?[/quote']

I think Deiago is better suited to WW than Lw. The LW division is packed with technically well rounded fighters. Much deeper talent pool. WW is packed with bangers, and other than Fitch and GSP there isn;t anyone there who can out-skill Deiago.

Sanchez wins when he hulks out on people, and he sinply cab;t do that to LWs.

Kenny Florian did an interview about this a couple of days ago. The thread is still around somewhere.

hmmm a Diego/Hardy fight does sound interesting.

I like Diego. He's a good guy, as weird as he is, and he'll do fine at WW. He said it was the weight cut that bothered himif i remember. Someone may have said this already, but I didn't read every post.

I like Diego. He's a good guy' date=' as weird as he is, and he'll do fine at WW. He said it was the weight cut that bothered himif i remember. Someone may have said this already, but I didn't read every post.[/quote']

+1

Diego Hardy would be awesome.

Diego has only lost 3 times in 13 UFC fights. He most certainly is up there with Kenny Florian as he already holds a win over him. You can debate who has evolved more since then but they were both beaten convincingly by BJ. Diego is a warrior and looks great in all of his fights except the one against BJ. That's what great fighters do they make other good fighters look bad.

Diego has only lost to Fitch and Koscheck. Both wrestlers who train together. Fitch has only lost to GSP and Koscheck is a top contender and a hell of an athlete on top of it. To say that Diego is in the top 5 in the WW division is not outrageous. I think we need to wait and see how he rebounds from the BJ loss. You learn more from losses than from wins.

Can he beat GSP another dominant wrestler. IMO not a chance but should he stop trying. Another no.

War Diego.

diego is a top 3 LW in mma and a top 5 WW in mma' date=' he is a great fighter and ill be damed if im gonna let anyone disrespect the nightmare[/quote']

lmao, Diego is not top 5 in any division right now.

at LW Penn, Edgar, Florian, Maynard, and thats just UFC, Aoki, Alvarez, Kawijiri, Melendez... You could make an argument that he's top ten, but the guys he beat weren't top ten material so I don't think he should be either.

at WW GSP, Hardy, Fitch, Alves, Kos, Thiago, Daley, Swick, Kampmann...

The rankings I checked before this didn't even give Diego an honorable mention at WW. He doesn't even crack the top ten.

EXACTLY.. Look at Fedor....He is consideted by many foolish people to be the best fighter in the world' date=' and he isnt even the #1 contender in Strikeforce......HMMMMMMMMMMMM[/quote']

Fedor could have had a title shot if wanted right off the bat. Instead he chose to go through some contenders first.

Make no mistake, Fedor is the best right now.

I like Diego. He's a good guy' date=' as weird as he is, and he'll do fine at WW. He said it was the weight cut that bothered himif i remember. Someone may have said this already, but I didn't read every post.[/quote']

And before the Penn fight he said the weight cut didn't bother him at all.

lmao' date=' Diego is not top 5 in any division right now.

at LW Penn, Edgar, Florian, Maynard, and thats just UFC, Aoki, Alvarez, Kawijiri, Melendez... You could make an argument that he's top ten, but the guys he beat weren't top ten material so I don't think he should be either.

The rankings I checked before this didn't even give Diego an honorable mention at WW. He doesn't even crack the top ten.

Fedor could have had a title shot if wanted right off the bat. Instead he chose to go through some contenders first.

And before the Penn fight he said the weight cut didn't bother him at all.[/quote']

yeah i know it didn't bother him. but after the BJ fight when he said he was moving back up, he said he preferred to be a WW cause he didn't like the weight cut. Something along those lines.

yeah i know it didn't bother him. but after the BJ fight when he said he was moving back up' date=' he said he preferred to be a WW cause he didn't like the weight cut. Something along those lines.[/quote']

I think it had more to do with the power behind his striking. Aside from the kick and the elbows in the Guida fight, he didn't have that same power behind his punch like he used to.

i was hoping he would stay at 155' date=' a lot of interesting match ups, like vs nate diaz or something, diego would dominate that fight.[/quote']

Nate is moving up to WW as well. There are rumors of this fight happening soon.

I think it had more to do with the power behind his striking. Aside from the kick and the elbows in the Guida fight' date=' he didn't have that same power behind his punch like he used to.

Nate is moving up to WW as well. There are rumors of this fight happening soon.[/quote']

that could be why. that makes sense. I just recall him saying something about he feels better at WW. My memory isn't the best, but it was close to that.

wow lol

when did i ever say in my post that diego sucked or was bad or anything

actually,at the end of the post,it says what OTHER great fighters,meaning i consider diego good...but in all honesty,is he capable of beating GSP?

plus the point of this thread wasnt to get a whole convo started on whether diego was good or not lol

but hey...whatever

I think Diego is moving up to WW because he knows it will take him 2-3 years to get another shot at BJ. He probably thinks he can get a shot at GSP a little sooner' date=' plus it's got to be tough for him to get down to 155.

.[/quote']

The only chance Diego or anyone else for that matter has to get WWtitle is only if GSP moves to MW permanently

right now is kind of a strange time for all the fighters in the UFC that are not champions, because the current champs are so much better than the rest that unless they have an absolutely retarded game plan or just "get caught" they wont lose for a while.

the only exception is LHW, because machida and shogun are both amazing and either could beat the other on any given day. and i hope anderson silva loses because he is an arrogant ****y f*ck

sucks to be guys like diego, fitch, alves, florian, marquart, rashad, etc. because they are great fighters but can never beat the top guy

I personally think Diego should stay at LW and go to WEC, then he'd have a shot at a belt, but in the UFC he will never be above the top 5 in any weight. Now he could stay here and keep putting on exciting fights forever, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. But if he feels it is his "two words, destiny" to be a champ, it won't be for the UFC!

lmao' date=' Diego is not top 5 in any division right now.

And before the Penn fight he said the weight cut didn't bother him at all.[/quote']

diego is easily top 5 in LW just because he lost to penn doesnt mean edgar and maynard are better when they havent fought anyone on penns sanchez or florians level

and diego was 1 win away from the WW title shot until he got screwed by the judges against fitch losing a split decision. so he was easily top 2-3 WW in the ufc when he was fighting there and i doubt to many outside the ufc can beat him TBH

diego is easily top 5 in LW just because he lost to penn doesnt mean edgar and maynard are better when they havent fought anyone on penns sanchez or florians level

and diego was 1 win away from the WW title shot until he got screwed by the judges against fitch losing a split decision. so he was easily top 2-3 WW in the ufc when he was fighting there and i doubt to many outside the ufc can beat him TBH

Did you start watching MMA a week ago or something?

Edgar is getting the next title shot, and his only loss is to Maynard, both of whom are in front of Diego.

The two fighters that Diego had to fight at LW to get a title shot were Guida and Stevenson, neither of them is top ten, and neither were Fioravanti and Bielkheden the WW's Sanchez beat before dropping down. Diego was handed a title shot he didn't earn based on the amount of seats he would fill. Nothing more.

Lets see, Edgar, 11-1 with his only loss to Maynard and wins over Jim Miller, Tyson Griffin, Mark Bocek, Sean Sherk, Spencer Fisher and Hermes Franca. Yup you're right, not on the level of Penn and Florian, but definitely on the same level as Diego.

And Maynard, undefeated with wins over Diaz, Huerta, Jim Miller, Frankie Edgar, Rich Clementi and Dennis Siver. That may be less than what Edgar has accomplished so far, but it's more than Diego has accomplished at LW.

Sherdog has the LWs ranked as follows, Penn, Aoki, Alvarez, Florian, Kawijiri, Maynard, Edgar, Melendez, Sherk and Hirota in that order. No Diego.

Fightmagazine has him ranked in 13th, BloodyElbow has him at 7th. No where in any respected Rankings is Diego top 5 at either WW or LW.

As for Diego getting "screwed" out of a title shot... maybe go watch the fight, Diego did not get screwed. He struggled with takedown attempts throughout the fight and clearly lost the first two rounds before trying to sub Fitch in the third and possibly stealing a round. In no way was Diego robbed of anything.

those rankings are after his loss' date=' which is natural but he is better then all those named ahead of him a LW.

hes only that far down the rankings because he lost to penn, he would murder maynard and edgar and if you think otherwise then u are the one who started watching mma this week[/quote']

Kenny got beat by Penn and the guy he beat after was Guida. So why is it that Kenny is still ranked higher than Diego? Surely a win over Guida doesn't move him up that much seeing as how Guida isn't top ten.... Oh wait, that's b/c Kenny has actually proved himself at LW in the past, just like Maynard and Edgar, something Diego hasn't done. Plus Kenny finished Guida, something else that your boy Diego couldn't do.

You must be just another spoon fed UFC fan that takes everything the countdown shows say to heart.

Sanchez would get mauled by Maynard, and Edgar's boxing is way better than Diego's standup. There are reasons that they are ranked higher than Diego. And if Diego can beat all the guys that are ranked higher than him, why is he tucking his tail and running back to WW?

You're comments lead me to believe that you are even newer to the sport than I thought.

Kenny got beat by Penn and the guy he beat after was Guida. So why is it that Kenny is still ranked higher than Diego? Surely a win over Guida doesn't move him up that much seeing as how Guida isn't top ten.... Oh wait' date=' that's b/c Kenny has actually proved himself at LW in the past, just like Maynard and Edgar, something Diego hasn't done. Plus Kenny finished Guida, something else that your boy Diego couldn't do.

You must be just another spoon fed UFC fan that takes everything the countdown shows say to heart.

Sanchez would get mauled by Maynard, and Edgar's boxing is way better than Diego's standup. There are reasons that they are ranked higher than Diego. And if Diego can beat all the guys that are ranked higher than him, why is he tucking his tail and running back to WW?

You're comments lead me to believe that you are even newer to the sport than I thought.[/quote']

maynard got his **** handed to him by diaz standing up what do you think diego would do to him?

i actually thought you were smart but its clear you just want to disagree with everything i post.

Who read what article?

The only thing I go to Sherdog for is the rankings' date=' and I don't even go there for that very often.[/quote']

That's pretty much what I'm on there for too.

I went on today though, and saw an article on "The Importance of Lesnar", and the Diego feature was on the next page.

maynard got his **** handed to him by diaz standing up what do you think diego would do to him?

i actually thought you were smart but its clear you just want to disagree with everything i post.

LMAO Yeah cuz Diaz sure has power behind those punches!!

Not to mention the most damage Diaz did in that fight was a cut from an elbow that he didn't even intend to throw!! You know nothing man!!

Think what you want about my knowledge, but based on your posts, responding intelligently to you is pointless.

LMAO Yeah cuz Diaz sure has power behind those punches!!

Not to mention the most damage Diaz did in that fight was a cut from an elbow that he didn't even intend to throw!! You know nothing man!!

Think what you want about my knowledge' date=' but based on your posts, responding intelligently to you is pointless.[/quote']

really maynards face was telling a different story

longer career the weight cut will effect him when he gets older

Archived