Supplement question

Vaseline

Yes I know theres already a thread but my question is about a different kind of supplements.

For the past 3 and a half months I have been taking Maximuscle Promax Diet Shakes which help me maintain muscle and lose weight at the same time.

I usually have a shake for breakfast and one after my work out (usually nothing in between) but now I want something which could possibly help muscle growth more and still boosts my metabolism allowing me to lose weight. I have been doing about 20-30 mins of weights 5 days a week and the result hasnt been as quick as I had hoped.

Anyone know any good, reliable ones (if it exists)?

Yes I know theres already a thread but my question is about a different kind of supplements.

For the past 3 and a half months I have been taking Maximuscle Promax Diet Shakes which help me maintain muscle and lose weight at the same time.

I usually have a shake for breakfast and one after my work out (usually nothing in between) but now I want something which could possibly help muscle growth more and still boosts my metabolism allowing me to lose weight. I have been doing about 20-30 mins of weights 5 days a week and the result hasnt been as quick as I had hoped.

Anyone know any good' date=' reliable ones (if it exists)?[/quote']

I would say Muscle Milk, it is a great protein drink

All of the Maximuscle product range in my eyes works the best out of most supplements, only problem is that they are way too expensive! I settle with the myprotien whey protien and every now and then I would buy Maximuscle's Thermobol product which does work a treat! If the product you have doesnt work it's probably what you are doing thats the problem, faster reps and lower weights would do good or try add some basic cardio like going for a 20 minute jog in the evenings or mornings.

I would say Muscle Milk' date=' it is a great protein drink[/quote']

i will try that thanks

All of the Maximuscle product range in my eyes works the best out of most supplements' date=' only problem is that they are way too expensive! I settle with the myprotien whey protien and every now and then I would buy Maximuscle's Thermobol product which does work a treat! If the product you have doesnt work it's probably what you are doing thats the problem, faster reps and lower weights would do good or try add some basic cardio like going for a 20 minute jog in the evenings or mornings.[/quote']

thats what I try to do

right now my biceps and shoulders are still aching a bit from my work out on sunday. how long do i leave it before i should start heavily working them again?

i will try that thanks

thats what I try to do

right now my biceps and shoulders are still aching a bit from my work out on sunday. how long do i leave it before i should start heavily working them again?

Do not work a muscle if it is sore. If you eat good it shoudl take about 3 to 4 days to heals and regain your strength. i usually wait 3 to 4 days to work that body part again.

48 Hours typically, I got bad aches after weight training because basically what happens is some of your muscles are ripping and making way for stronger, more defined muscle (hence the slang being "ripped" for someone thats completely shredded and very muscular.) after a month of nonstop training with 48 hour breaks you will stop aching so much and some days you may feel you can train the day after your past workout. Another issue I see is the product you actually should be taking 60g servings of the stuff and of which 37.8g of it is protein, this is actually quite low compared to most products for instance the whey protein im on right now gives me 52.8g protein from a 60g serving and actually tastes better, if not rivals the Maximuscle promax. I would recommend taking a purer form of protein and try to steer clear of the fat loss fillers that they add into they're supplements, I'd much rather buy seperate products to do a specialized job in something if that makes any sense to you. Like if your interested in weight loss then buy a product that specializes in weight loss only and if you want a good source of whey protein then try find a product that will have a really high protein content. Give this website a try, I havn't tried anything bar they're whey protein and it seems to work well. http://www.myprotein.co.uk/ if you do actually buy anything quote this referal code to get 5% off your first order MP173377. *To an admin im not sure of the forum rules and if i'm breaking any by quoting this website please remove it.*

plenty of protein?

what about carbs? i practically eat no carbs

I think some bad carbs are good, but eat more complex carbs. Yes protein is the building block for muscle and it also helps with recovery. Glutamine is good for recovery also. Carbs are not needed to gain muscle, but this will give you needed energy.

Ok correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it the case of if you want to lose fat/weight you need a calorie defecit and if you want to add muscle you need a calorie surplus?

I dont think it is possible to do both at the same time to be honest. Maybe concentrate on stripping to your base weight first then try to put muscle on.

Ok correct me if I am wrong' date=' but isn't it the case of if you want to lose fat/weight you need a calorie defecit and if you want to add muscle you need a calorie surplus?

I dont think it is possible to do both at the same time to be honest. Maybe concentrate on stripping to your base weight first then try to put muscle on.[/quote']

thats what i thought

at the moment im trying to do both, my weight loss has shot down, iv lost around 20kg in about 3 months

but my muscle gain hasnt been as quick as i hoped

after losing about another 5-10kg i will concentrate mostly on muscle gain, see if i see results quicker

and what are complex carbs?

Ok correct me if I am wrong' date=' but isn't it the case of if you want to lose fat/weight you need a calorie defecit and if you want to add muscle you need a calorie surplus?

I dont think it is possible to do both at the same time to be honest. Maybe concentrate on stripping to your base weight first then try to put muscle on.[/quote']

It's possible to do both but it'll take longer. And once you loose a lot of weight and start to look "skinnier" then it is harder to look more buff and put noticable muscle size on. But if u weight train with a beat of meat and fat on you then things do start to cut back fat-wise and you will look alot more muscular and bigger than you would have you have cut all the fat back before you start to build the muscle, if that makes any sense to you.

Eating is essential to gaining muscle, but this does not mean we have to eat bad foods. THings like Chicken breast, fish ect will pack on just as much as pizza. Most builders carb up for a few months and pack on size while lifting heavy, then eliminate the carbs to get ripped, or promote lean muscle mass.

Anyone know any good' date=' reliable ones (if it exists)?[/quote']

one of my prof. is a world champ powerlifter kensnellpower.com and he says to weight train every other day. do a warm up before 10-15 mins... stretch only the muscle group you are going to work and do a small number of reps with very heavy weights and stretch after it has worked very well for me.protien creatine!

Archived