The UFC Should Have a Yearly MMA Combine..

ArcaneKnight

To test it's fighters to see where they stand, and whether or not they are even worthy of being in the UFC.

Now I don't think it should be limited to only new recruits, I think all of the UFC's fighters should undergo these tests, to compare them year to year, see how much their skills have improved or how much they have deteriorated, and base how much they should get paid off those results. This will force fighters to stay on top of their game, knowing improved scores and test results mean a higher payday, and it'll keep fighter's like Tim Sylvia from letting themselves go.

Some of the tests should include of course the vertical, the 40 yard dash, their fastest lap time around the Octagon, how fast they can sprint from their dressing room backstage into the Octagon, bench press, cardio tests. See how many stacked bricks they can smash with one blow, whether or not they know the art of the death touch and can explode the bottom brick, without damaging any of the top 4 bricks.. You know, just basic stuff.

Then get into the much more difficult hand eye coordination tests, have the Whack a Mole Gopher Smash Bash game, you know the arcade game where there's like 15 holes, and the gophers pop their heads up at random and you have to smash the crap out of them with the hand held bopper. Maybe double the holes and give the fighter 2 boppers, then give them a score out of 60. I think Anderson Silva would be the only one in the UFC able to ace that test, get all 60. His precision is just really precise, plus the speed in which he strikes is unrivaled..

Plus, it'd be good to let the viewers at home see these fighter's results in all of these categories, the tale of the tape just isn't cutting it. This way it'd give fans an idea of where they stand, say if Bj Penn could only bop 45 out of 60, put a Whack a Mole Gopher Smash Bash game in one of your new UFC gyms, it'll get people to sign up for a gym membership and they can go there to test themselves to see if they can beat up Bj Penn, or see how many gophers away they are from challenging him for the LW title.

Now this test is the test that seperates the chumps from the Champs. This should be a mandatory test for all fighters. Have a machine hooked up, that swings a 2 by 4, then have a harness that fighter's step into, that holds them into place while the machine whacks them accross the face with a 2 by 4 to test their jaw, and test how many pounds per square inch their jaw can withstand. If they get KTFO, no need to worry, the safety harness is there to hold them up to keep them from falling to the ground and cracking their head the pavement, to prevent injury. Say if their jaw can withstand 150 lbs psi, then go up in 10 lbs psi incraments, until they get KTFO. It's the only way to get an accurate reading to how strong these fighter's jaws really are. Set a limit to it as well, if they can't withstand the machines minimum setting, then they aren't worthy of fighting in the UFC, and it's automatic application REJECTED.

You can make a scale for it too. Say it starts off [glass jaw]-[clay jaw]-[concrete jaw]-[iron jaw]-[diamond jaw]-[liquid metal alloy jaw] or some crap like that. People always like lame grids like that, remember the grip machine? You'd have some wet noodle or karate kid grip, I'd get the gorilla grip or He-man grip, whatever it was.. But thats besides the point, the UFC could maybe put a machine like that inside one of the new UFC gyms opening up, then have TapouT tools flock in there to get KTFO by a 2 by 4, just to put them in their place..But alteast they'll get a receipt that says they have a better chin than Andre Arlovski.

But really, I won't hang out with anyone who has a weak jaw. I'll have to cold clock you first. I'll hit you with a jab at first, then a left cross, then an overhand right, then finish it off with a left high kick, and if you don't get KTFO from that combo, then it's cool, you're cool with me. But I'll go to hooters for PPV events and get in fights sometimes, because some TapouT clown thinks he knows more than me about MMA, I don't like people thinking they know more about MMA than me. So I chin checked this tool, and put the fool in his place. But if he had his whole TapouT crew with him, and I was about to get jumped, you think I'm going to want to be chillin with a bunch of clowns with no chins? So when you try to back me up you get KTFO by a 1 hitter quitter? I'll knock you out just for having a weak chin, no questions asked.

Then get into the much more difficult hand eye coordination tests, have the Whack a Mole Gopher Smash Bash game, you know the arcade game where there's like 15 holes, and the gophers pop their heads up at random and you have to smash the crap out of them with the hand held bopper. Maybe double the holes and give the fighter 2 boppers, then give them a score out of 60. I think Anderson Silva would be the only one in the UFC able to ace that test, get all 60. His precision is just really precise, plus the speed in which he strikes is unrivaled..

I think Fedor can only hit 20 gophers.

I agree.. With his wide, looping, haymaker type punches, he would fail. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with UFC fighters. He wouldn't even make the cut into the UFC. Fedor would be like 3rd string bench, undercard fighter for the UFC's minor league system, WEC.

To test it's fighters to see where they stand' date=' and whether or not they are even worthy of being in the UFC.

Now I don't think it should be limited to only new recruits, I think all of the UFC's fighters should undergo these tests, to compare them year to year, see how much their skills have improved or how much they have deteriorated, and base how much they should get paid off those results. This will force fighters to stay on top of their game, knowing improved scores and test results mean a higher payday, and it'll keep fighter's like Tim Sylvia from letting themselves go.

Some of the tests should include of course the vertical, the 40 yard dash, their fastest lap time around the Octagon, how fast they can sprint from their dressing room backstage into the Octagon, bench press, cardio tests. See how many stacked bricks they can smash with one blow, whether or not they know the art of the death touch and can explode the bottom brick, without damaging any of the top 4 bricks.. You know, just basic stuff.

Plus, it'd be good to let the viewers at home see these fighter's results in all of these categories, the tale of the tape just isn't cutting it. This way it'd give fans an idea of where they stand, say if Bj Penn could only bop 45 out of 60, put a Whack a Mole Gopher Smash Bash game in one of your new UFC gyms, it'll get people to sign up for a gym membership and they can go there to test themselves to see if they can beat up Bj Penn, or see how many gophers away they are from challenging him for the LW title.

Now this test is the test that seperates the chumps from the Champs. This should be a mandatory test for all fighters. Have a machine hooked up, that swings a 2 by 4, then have a harness that fighter's step into, that holds them into place while the machine whacks them accross the face with a 2 by 4 to test their jaw, and test how many pounds per square inch their jaw can withstand. If they get KTFO, no need to worry, the safety harness is there to hold them up to keep them from falling to the ground and cracking their head the pavement, to prevent injury. Say if their jaw can withstand 150 lbs psi, then go up in 10 lbs psi incraments, until they get KTFO. It's the only way to get an accurate reading to how strong these fighter's jaws really are. Set a limit to it as well, if they can't withstand the machines minimum setting, then they aren't worthy of fighting in the UFC, and it's automatic application REJECTED.

You can make a scale for it too. Say it starts off [glass jaw']-[clay jaw]-[concrete jaw]-[iron jaw]-[diamond jaw]-[liquid metal alloy jaw] or some crap like that. People always like lame grids like that, remember the grip machine? You'd have some wet noodle or karate kid grip, I'd get the gorilla grip or He-man grip, whatever it was.. But thats besides the point, the UFC could maybe put a machine like that inside one of the new UFC gyms opening up, then have TapouT tools flock in there to get KTFO by a 2 by 4, just to put them in their place..But alteast they'll get a receipt that says they have a better chin than Andre Arlovski.

But really, I won't hang out with anyone who has a weak jaw. I'll have to cold clock you first. I'll hit you with a jab at first, then a left cross, then an overhand right, then finish it off with a left high kick, and if you don't get KTFO from that combo, then it's cool, you're cool with me. But I'll go to hooters for PPV events and get in fights sometimes, because some TapouT clown thinks he knows more than me about MMA, I don't like people thinking they know more about MMA than me. So I chin checked this tool, and put the fool in his place. But if he had his whole TapouT crew with him, and I was about to get jumped, you think I'm going to want to be chillin with a bunch of clowns with no chins? So when you try to back me up you get KTFO by a 1 hitter quitter? I'll knock you out just for having a weak chin, no questions asked.

WoW - - WoW - - Your f.cking nuts

Your right about Silva getting 60-60 and I do like the chin rankings too but man you have way too much time on those hands of yours.

Haha funny thread. You kind of trailed off there at the end. Plus andersons precision is really precise haha good word choices.

On a serious note though I think a combine would be interesting. I would love to see how strong or fast all these guys are with tangible measurements. A lot of it wouldn't matter in the fight as anything can happen but I would be curious to see the numbers.

To test it's fighters to see where they stand' date=' and whether or not they are even worthy of being in the UFC.

[b']Now this test is the test that seperates the chumps from the Champs. This should be a mandatory test for all fighters. Have a machine hooked up, that swings a 2 by 4, then have a harness that fighter's step into, that holds them into place while the machine whacks them accross the face with a 2 by 4 to test their jaw, and test how many pounds per square inch their jaw can withstand. If they get KTFO, no need to worry, the safety harness is there to hold them up to keep them from falling to the ground and cracking their head the pavement, to prevent injury. Say if their jaw can withstand 150 lbs psi, then go up in 10 lbs psi incraments, until they get KTFO. It's the only way to get an accurate reading to how strong these fighter's jaws really are. Set a limit to it as well, if they can't withstand the machines minimum setting, then they aren't worthy of fighting in the UFC, and it's automatic application REJECTED.[/b]

You can make a scale for it too. Say it starts off [glass jaw]-[clay jaw]-[concrete jaw]-[iron jaw]-[diamond jaw]-[liquid metal alloy jaw] or some crap like that. People always like lame grids like that, remember the grip machine? You'd have some wet noodle or karate kid grip, I'd get the gorilla grip or He-man grip, whatever it was.. But thats besides the point, the UFC could maybe put a machine like that inside one of the new UFC gyms opening up, then have TapouT tools flock in there to get KTFO by a 2 by 4, just to put them in their place..But alteast they'll get a receipt that says they have a better chin than Andre Arlovski.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

i agree.. With his wide' date=' looping, haymaker type punches, he would fail. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with ufc fighters. He wouldn't even make the cut into the ufc. Fedor would be like 3rd string bench, undercard fighter for the ufc's minor league system, wec.[/quote']

fail

To test it's fighters to see where they stand, and whether or not they are even worthy of being in the UFC.

I think Bisping chin can withstand much pressure then Fedor.

Bisping - 170 psi, Fedor - 84 psi

I agree.. With his wide' date=' looping, haymaker type punches, he would fail. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with UFC fighters. He wouldn't even make the cut into the UFC. Fedor would be like 3rd string bench, undercard fighter for the UFC's minor league system, WEC.[/quote']

reads sign = don't feed the troll

Oh man.

I'm just laughing at the thought of Brock Lesnar stepping into some harness and having a 2 by 4 smack him in the face a few times. I hope it would make its way onto Youtube.

Brock can withstand pressure up to up to 192 psi from that 2 by 4' date=' Fedor can only withstand 84 psi. Arlovski is 82 psi. At least Fedor has better chin than Arlovski.

Brock > Fedor [u']>[/u] Arlovksi

Oh man.

I'm just laughing at the thought of Brock Lesnar stepping into some harness and having a 2 by 4 smack him in the face a few times. I hope it would make its way onto Youtube.

Brock Lesnar's head would break the machine, or snap the 2x4 in half.

and Cagerattler.. There's fat guys in the NFL too.. Because they're fat they shouldn't have to undergo cardio tests, strength tests, hand-eye coordination gopher bopping tests? Do you have a better idea? Don't even try to say drum hero.. I'll throw you in the 2 by 4 machine and put it on full power for saying some BS like that. They're fighters.. Not musicians..

Brock Lesnar's head would break the machine' date=' or snap the 2x4 in half.

and Cagerattler.. There's fat guys in the NFL too.. Because they're fat they shouldn't have to undergo cardio tests, strength tests, hand-eye coordination gopher bopping tests? Do you have a better idea? Don't even try to say drum hero.. I'll throw you in the 2 by 4 machine and put it on full power for saying some BS like that.[/quote']

Well, and this is just a thought, why not have the UFC guys fight each other and have the winners move up the rankings?

I know thats a little radical.

You can make a scale for it too. Say it starts off [glass jaw']-[clay jaw]-[concrete jaw]-[iron jaw]-[diamond jaw]-[liquid metal alloy jaw] or some crap like that. People always like lame grids like that, remember the grip machine? You'd have some wet noodle or karate kid grip, I'd get the gorilla grip or He-man grip, whatever it was.. But thats besides the point, the UFC could maybe put a machine like that inside one of the new UFC gyms opening up, then have TapouT tools flock in there to get KTFO by a 2 by 4, just to put them in their place..But alteast they'll get a receipt that says they have a better chin than Andre Arlovski.

You've brought up alot of key points.

I'm hoping you send this to Dana White am sure he will love to read this.

+1 for the chin machine idea it will clearly get rid of the chumps like Rashad,Thiago,Liddell,Sanchez,Velasquez and Griffin clearly all have glass jaws.

Brett Rogers bigger Glass Jaw ever!!!!!

You've brought up alot of key points.

I'm hoping you send this to Dana White am sure he will love to read this.

+1 for the chin machine idea it will clearly get rid of the chumps like Rashad' date='Thiago,Liddell,Sanchez,Velasquez and Griffin clearly all have glass jaws.

Brett Rogers bigger Glass Jaw ever!!!!![/quote']

Velasquez glass jaw. lol. Kongo hit him with a jackhammer twice, but he didn't KO the guy.

Fedor can only hit 20 gopher

If SF will also put this kind of test' date=' I doubt if Fedor can pass[/quote']

I think Bisping chin can withstand much pressure then Fedor.

Bisping - 170 psi' date=' Fedor - 84 psi[/quote']

Brock > Fedor > Arlovksi

yeah that's fantastic. And Fedor can only hit 20 gopher. (Using both hands)

Fedor can only hit 20 gopher

Does anybody know how many gophers Fedor would hit?

I swear if Fedor ever fights Brock and beats him, this guy would actually spontaneously combust in a foaming mass of hero betrayal and tears of regret.

I swear if Fedor ever fights Brock and beats him' date=' this guy would actually spontaneously combust in a foaming mass of hero betrayal and tears of regret.[/quote']

Brock is too big & too strong for Fedor. I admire your support for Fedor but its just that I don't see any reason for Fedor beating Brock. previously Fedor have the advantage on experience but that was erase after the Brock vs Mir II, you can see how much Brock is so compose & in control of that game.

Brock is too big & too strong for Fedor. I admire your support for Fedor but its just that I don't see any reason for Fedor beating Brock. previously Fedor have the advantage on experience but that was erase after the Brock vs Mir II' date=' you can see how much Brock is so compose & in control of that game.[/quote']

Lesnar won;t last another 5 fights.

He is the new Tim Sylvia.

Fortunately he can always go back and throw down with Kurt Angle, instead of having to get KOed by a retired boxer.

Brock is too big & too strong for Fedor. I admire your support for Fedor but its just that I don't see any reason for Fedor beating Brock. previously Fedor have the advantage on experience but that was erase after the Brock vs Mir II' date=' you can see how much Brock is so compose & in control of that game.[/quote']

If you actually took the time to read any other posts instead of falling over yourself in an effort to get to the keyboard to defend Lesnar, you would know that I am not particularly a Fedor fan. If you just took your time and thought about things you might be able to put together a slightly more coherent sentence than you're currently managing.

Noone in this thread had mentioned Fedor until you randomly brought him up, then mentioned his gopher slapping prowess, and with that sentence I need a moment to shake my head in disbelief, and then proceeded to say the same thing in the majority of your posts due to your desperate need for a LOL or a LMAO or whatever gratification you require. There is a very strong possibilty the Brock and Fedor will never might, so all your opinion will be rendered worthless, which in itself would be a step up.

Lesnar won;t last another 5 fights.

He is the new Tim Sylvia.

Fortunately he can always go back and throw down with Kurt Angle' date=' instead of having to get KOed by a retired boxer.[/quote']

Brock may never last another 5 fights probably, but that's due to he will only needs 3 fights too totaly prove his greatness. After he defeats the winner of Mir/Carwin, then defeats Cain later this year then probably defeats JDS early next year. So after that 3 fights I think he'll retired, coz there no HW can give him a match, so why bother stay and fight cans. There is also one HW who can probably give him a competitive match but he's hidding away from Brock.

brock may never last another 5 fights probably' date=' but that's due to he will only needs 3 fights too totaly prove his greatness. After he defeats the winner of mir/carwin, then defeats cain later this year then probably defeats jds early next year. So after that 3 fights i think he'll retired, coz there no hw can give him a match, so why bother stay and fight cans. There is also one hw who can probably give him a competitive match but he's hidding away from brock.[/quote']

lol

Brock may never last another 5 fights probably' date=' but that's due to he will only needs 3 fights too totaly prove his greatness. After he defeats the winner of Mir/Carwin, then defeats Cain later this year then probably defeats JDS early next year. So after that 3 fights I think he'll retired, coz there no HW can give him a match, so why bother stay and fight cans. There is also one HW who can probably give him a competitive match but he's hidding away from Brock.[/quote']

Al Turk will be the one to take his belt. This is fact, and he will come out to the music from Highlander to do it.

Al Turk will be the one to take his belt. This is fact' date=' and he will come out to the music from Highlander to do it.[/quote']

Lol. Thanks for the enlightening me man, I laugh for about 2 mins after reading you post, I even having hard time typing this reply due to until now I still cannot stop laughing. You're right man, I never see it coming, Al Turk is the chosen one.

I swear if Fedor ever fights Brock and beats him' date=' this guy would actually spontaneously combust in a foaming mass of hero betrayal and tears of regret.[/quote']

If you actually took the time to read any other posts instead of falling over yourself in an effort to get to the keyboard to defend Lesnar' date=' you would know that I am not particularly a Fedor fan. If you just took your time and thought about things you might be able to put together a slightly more coherent sentence than you're currently managing.

Noone in this thread had mentioned Fedor until you randomly brought him up, then mentioned his gopher slapping prowess, and with that sentence I need a moment to shake my head in disbelief, and then proceeded to say the same thing in the majority of your posts due to your desperate need for a LOL or a LMAO or whatever gratification you require. There is a very strong possibilty the Brock and Fedor will never might, so all your opinion will be rendered worthless, which in itself would be a step up.[/quote']

Brilliant. I love watching you wreck this guy.

Brilliant. I love watching you wreck this guy.

HappyHammer is a two timer, he said he's not a Fedor fan either. So what does a GSP or Anderson Silva fans got to do with Brock. Majority of the threads now are about Brock vs ducking Fedor war. So maybe that's the reason why GSP/A. Silva fans are sneaking in, to mind other bussiness.

Coz you haven't shown some substacial data's to prove me wrong when I say/believe that Brock can beat Fedor or Brock is beater than Fedor. You guys already outnumbered me but still you know in your mind that you haven't defeated me yet.

I certainly defeat you in spelling and grammar ;)

I certainly defeat you in spelling and grammar ;)

Typical Fedor fans, they quit if about to loose an argument or they change the topic just to escape. lol. Just like your idol. Your idol's hiding won't get him into places, he can run but he can never hide that millions of MMA fans now starting to question his credibility as the best HW in the world.

BTW. If you're only good in spelling in this forum, I will forever call you as the Elementary School Teacher.

Typical Fedor fans' date=' they quit if about to loose an argument or they change the topic just to escape. lol. Just like your idol. Your idol's hiding won't get him into places, he can run but he can never hide that millions of MMA fans now starting to question his credibility as the best HW in the world.

BTW. If you're only good in spelling in this forum, I will forever call you as the Elementary School Teacher.[/quote']

Firstly, I'm not a Fedor fan. Secondly, I never engaged in an argument or debate with you. I'm not even going to bother reading the whole of your inarticulate non-sensical post, it's a waste of time.

He is SCO' date=' without the grammar, spelling or the ability to bring evidence out for his reasoning besides "BROCK IS BIG AND STRONG AND FAST" please bring SCO back...at least he had some logic.[/quote']

I already beat you in so many post. you're only good when you think you're not alone in facing me. Why don't you bring your mama with you in facing me in analyzing all the datas If whome between Brock or Fedor is better.

Archived