UFC 112, Who Gets the Main Event? BJ or Anderson

TapUout1

You could make an argument for both. Penn is a draw due to being on TUF and having a long history in the UFC as both loved and hated. Anderson v Vitor might be the more interesting matchup than BJ v Frankie.

If i were to pick one it would be the AS v Vitor fight only due to my belief that it would be a much closer contest.

The bigger guy gets the headline usually.

Personally I wonder who gets the healine when Machida/Rua and Evans/JAckson are on the same card.

I gaurentee Evans / JAckson is a more popular fight.

MAchida/Rua is a couple of brazillians dancing around for 25 minutes trying not to get their hair messed up.

Evans/Jackson are going to throw down.

I agree that the Silva Belfort fight should be the main event for the same reason. Plus Anderson is ranked as the P4P best by almost everybody and deserves to be Main event no matter who he is fighting. That being said though i think this will be a closer fight than Penn Edgar. People are not giving Belfort as much of a chance as I think he rightfully has.

They are both Counter punchers so It would be interesting to see who engages first. Belfort is probably the best striker anderson has faced and has the fastest hands I have ever seen to boot. I still see Anderson taking this fight but I think it will be closer than most expect. The Penn fight is just going to be a slaugher IMO.

The only fighter I see taking precedence over Silva for Main Event fight would be Brock, as he is the biggest draw in MMA

Just because of the fact that A. Silva is seen as the P4P king he should deserve the main event, probably would be a bit more of a contested fight than the Penn Frankie fight would be, as much as I like Frankie I cant see him doing much in his fight but for Vitor I can see him throwing some surprises towards A. Silva but I still see him (A. Silva) taking it. And it is a trend that the bigger guys do get the headliners usually, UFC100 for example.

Personally I wonder who gets the healine when Machida/Rua and Evans/JAckson are on the same card.

MAchida/Rua is a couple of brazillians dancing around for 25 minutes trying not to get their hair messed up.

Lol no need to wonder about that one, machida/rua is only one of the biggest rematches in the history of the ufc. People are STILL writing blogs and threads about 104 and the chance that Rashad who Machida destroyed would get top billing would never happen. But i know what youre saying.

Just because of the fact that A. Silva is seen as the P4P king he should deserve the main event' date=' probably would be a bit more of a contested fight than the Penn Frankie fight would be, as much as I like Frankie I cant see him doing much in his fight but for Vitor I can see him throwing some surprises towards A. Silva but I still see him (A. Silva) taking it. And it is a trend that the bigger guys do get the headliners usually, UFC100 for example.[/quote']

Yeah thats true, Gsp/Alves looked great on paper and they didnt get the main slot.

I thought they pushed the Evans vs Jackson fight to the card after Machida vs Rua 2?

This is hardly even a question, Anderson Silva gets the main event for sure. I mean Silva vs Belfort is a legitimate championship bout where the challenger actually has the ability to beat the champion.

No offence to Edgar, but he's got absolutely no chance at beating BJ so there's no question here in this matchup about who'll win.

As much as I would love to see them throw down it will probably be alot more technical than most people think it will be, all we can do is wait and see. Remember if Jackson wins this (with an impressive fashion) he should get the instant title shot against the Machida/Rua 2 winner. Read on some website a while ago that this was the case and it was stated by Dana White, correct me if i'm wrong.

This is hardly even a question' date=' Anderson Silva gets the main event for sure. I mean Silva vs Belfort is a legitimate championship bout where the challenger actually has the ability to beat the champion.

[b']No offence to Edgar, but he's got absolutely no chance at beating BJ so there's no question here in this matchup about who'll win[/b].

I thought this same thing when he was about to fight Sherk and much to my suprise he put together the perfect gameplan

Now i'm not sayin i think Edgar is gonna beat Penn but the dude has been crafty of late and can both strike and wrestle, it's a pretty good match right now for the LW div.

Haha' date=' youre claiming that single digit up there, thats cool that's what being a fan of someone is all about.:cool:[/quote']

its funny because Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter and then Penn at number two but i dont know why i put it as main event just had a feeling and now seeing the rest of poll, it occurs to me i kinda fail haha oh well ill stick by it

I would like to see Penn because he's fighting with renewed passion. I love how he's finishing to shut mouthes and solidify his place. He's willing to beat everyone and that's why he and Fedor should be above Silva on the P4P list.

You don't see them saying, i only want to fight the best in the world

or

wanting to get their brains beat in by roy jones jr.

It has to be Silva. I for one can't wait to see this fight and Silva defend his belt. Penn has defended his more recently, and he should destroy Edgar convincingly. Silva is heralded as possibly the p4p no. 1 so has to top the bill.

I think this is looking like a great card.

Why would you wonder this * even if * they were on the same card? It's a no brainer that it would be Machida vs Rua based upon title fight alone, no questions asked. This isn't Strikeforce where a woman's non title fight would be a main event in place of a weight class championship fight.

Championships are always main events.

After Anderson's last performance he will get the main event.

im guessing they co main event but belfort vs silva will be the final fight of the night. with rampage vs evans and shogun vs machida, i think it will be another co main event but the machida fight is the final fight. however i do think, in this case, the promos will push the rampage vs evans fight just as much if not more then the machida vs shogun fight.

Hmm let?s see...

LHW champion vs Shogun

or Rampage vs Jackson.

Of course the Champion will headline, it?s pretty logical.

Archived