UFC 109 preview

GRSP1

and predictions

Relentless

Main Event

Randy The Natural Couture vs Mark The Hammer Coleman

Mark Coleman had beaten Shogun, not to mention Shogun barely got past him in there last encounter....Coleman put up much more of a fight than the mighty Lyoto Machida did against him. Mark Coleman still has it, he just needs his time to prove why he is known as the Godfather of ground and pound. He may just get that chance on Feb 6th when he meats fellow HOF Randy Couture....Randy has been iffy as of late, losses to Lesnar, Nogueira & an iffy, impossibly boring decision victory over Brandon Vera ~ while extremely active, this will be his th fight on a new 6 fight contract he inked just a year ago...his time is winding down. The man has never been submitted, and is ALWAYS competitive, however he seems to have a case of Clay Guida syndrome...always in the fight, but seldom coming out on top as of late. And at least Clay is never boring...Randy is a hero, no doubt, his humble attitude and accomplishments speak for themselves, but @ this stage of his game, I think the hammer will end the fight doing just , hammering Randy into a tko victory in the 3rd round.

Chael Sonnen vs Nate Marquardt

Yushin Okami and Dan Miller have recently given up decision losses to Chael, however Nate the Great just knocked out Demian Maia in 21 seconds, and dispatched of Martin Kamperman n Wilson Gouveia via TKO as well ...he trains with GSP, and his next fight without question should have been Anderson Silva, but since his next defence is against Vitor Belfort, I guess the guy needs to stay busy...he outclasses Chael in my opinion and I see a Nate victory via ko or tko by round 2 tops.

Mike Quick Swick vs Paul Thiago

Welterwieght bout that should garner the victor a 1 fight away fromm a tite clash, this has potential to be the fight of the night. Mike Swick wants to eradicate his loss to Dan Hardy as quickly as possible, since its all but a forgone conclusion GSP is going to dismantle Hardy with relative ease. Thiagos only loss came at the biggest ppv in history of the sport, a decision loss to Jon Fitch at ufc 100 ~ and he already dispatched of Josh Koschek in impressive fashion prior, so I guess the only one left for him now is Mike Swick ~ since the 3 train together ~ I see Paul Thiago victorious here, yet a 3rd tko victory prediction , although Mikes fast, so it might go to a decision..either way, I see the trend of dominant Brasilian fighters continuing here.

Demian Maia vs Dan Miller

If he hadnt gotten caught by Nate the Great, he very well may have choked him out...we can refer to the choke is the Maia special, he had 5 submission victorys in a row prior to his bout with Nate. Dan is coming off a loss to Nates opponent on this same card, Chael, and this will be his 2nd loss in a row in the octagon. Maia via submission

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg

Matt hasnt kept ultra busy, but niether has Frank. The Terror only had one fight since losing the title back to GSP, a decision loss to his rival Hughes, who kissed and made up. lol. ...Trigg only had one fight in recent memory, and he was dispatched of with ease against Josh Koschek. Niether are of much signifigance anymore, but Matt Serra definetly has a lil more than Trigg left in the tank....Matt Serra wins this via knock out.

I dont habitually call the pre lim fights in any great detail if at all, however Mostapha Al Turk fights Rolles Gracie in the very 1st listed pre-lim battle. Thats right, Gracie. He's 3 and 0 and making his octagon debut, but only a fool would bet against a Gracie, especially when he's fighting a guy who lost to Cro Cop ~ to be fair, it was Mirkos eye pokes that enabled his victory over Al Turk ~ but I think this brit is in over his head against the debuting undefeated Rolles Gracie. This bout is a heavywieght contest.

Chris Tuchscherer vs Tim Hague

Chris is a training partner of Brock Lesnar, and he made is octagon debut against Gonzaga, with Gonzaga earning a 1 sided victory. He essentially lost cause he was kicked in the nads, so itll be interesting to see what he can do in a fair fight. Hague is a Canadian, so of course I have to root for him on that alone, this is 3rd octagon battle. However, his last fight, he set a record for the quickest knock out in UFC history ~ only he was on the recieving end and dispatched of in 7 seconds by up and commer Todd Duffee. He did choke out Patrick Hi-Def Barry in his 1st fight tho, and to be fair anyone can get caught with a quick punch...this is kinda to much of an unkown to call accuratly, but Ill go with my Canadian boy cause hes Canadian, and has alot to prove after being kocked out in 7 seconds.

Mac Danzig over Justin Buchholz

Ronys Torres over Melvin Guillard

Phil Davis over Brian Stann

Rob Emerson over Phillipe Nover

Ya Randy could still do it u can never count him out thats for sure. I just think Koschek is more well rounded than Swick, And Paul beats him pretty easy. Id like to see Swick vs Koscheck haha itl never happen, maybe in a game of Madden or something. lol, .

Randy The Natural Couture vs Mark The Hammer Coleman

Randy by decision

Chael Sonnen vs Nate Marquardt

Nate by decision

Mike Quick Swick vs Paul Thiago

Swick by decision

Demian Maia vs Dan Miller

Maia by 1st/2nd round sub

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg

Serra by stoppage (not sure)

Chris Tuchscherer vs Tim Hague

Haven't seen enough of Chris so Hague by submission