WEC/UFC Fighters

RStephen4

Sonnen has looked pretty good so far. We will see what he has against Nate the Great.

Ben Henderson the WEC LW champ did a training camp with BJ for one of BJ's fights and said that BJ man-handled him. His own words. I think they might do well in the UFC just won't challenge for the belt. Although nobody is really a challenge right now. I think if Aldo get's a little bigger he might be able to make some noise.

WEC is a talent pool for the UFC basically. Alot of the good WEC fighters will have a future in the UFC although it won't be sure whether or not it's gonna be a successful one.

yep. they are all very talented guys, but not all of them are on the same level as most of the ufc fighters.

I was wondering how the fighters in the WEC would match up with some of the UFC guys. How would the likes of Henderson & Cerrone do against Florian' date=' Sanchez, Penn etc and where they would rank? We dont get WEC in UK so not too sure about them[/quote']

The ufc has more established fighters, whereas WEC has good fighters but some are fairly new to the game.

Though Henderson beat Cerrone, I think Cerrone would probably make the biggest splash in the UFC LW division. As we saw with Henderson vs Varner (yes i know Henderson won) Henderson lacks overly effective standup against a dangerous striker and his grappling is all but nullified against a guy with a good background in wrestling and take down defense. Cerrone on the other hand has very dangerous striking and is equally as dangerous on the ground.. if only he could learn some wrestling defense. Varner, though hes got talent, is a ***** and i hope i never see him in the UFC.

Archived