UFC 110 preview/predictions

GRSP1

UFC 110 Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia

Main Event

Cain Velasquez vs Antonio Nogueira

The winner of this will meet the winner of Brock vs Mir/Carwin winner [ Mir/Carwin is at the next ppv] Cain Velasquez has been incredibly dominant...outwrestling, by a mile, anyone put in front of him...this kid has an amazing future regardless of the outcome of this match, that being said, this is first HUGE test inside the octagon....Mir is the only man to ever knock out Nogueira, and he was fighting with a staph infection when he did it, and he has since beaten Randy Couture . Few are as well known ~ his little brother of the same name recently came in and is set to make waves in the L-HW division, heck, he already has. This is a tough fight to call, Im thinking Cains youth might play a factor and hed hammer out a decision victory...Im calling Cain via decision....niether man is known for having knock out power, there just both insanely technical fighters.

Micheal The Count Bisping vs Wanderlai The Axe Murderer Silva

Wow what a card this is..this is a huge fight...Bisping leads the brithish invasion ~ his only bleish a brutal knock out by Hendo ~ he recently turned it up in the 2nd round of a fight against Dennis Kang, a guy who was successful in pride tourneys and a fellow Canadian, and TKOd his way to victory. Silva has 4 losses in his last 5 outings...his time is winding down, while once a dominant fighter who reaked havoc over nearly everyone, his vulnerability has been exposed. Clearly he will be the fan favourite, however The Counts time is now. Bisping got this.

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Stevenson

George is Australias star on the card ~ untested against top level competition, but dominant against lower level, this is his first real test, and Joe will bring it to him no doubt. I think hometown crowd and his dominance will prove to factor in his submission victory over Joe Daddy

Ryan Darth Bader vs Dean of Mean Kieth Jardine

When Jardine is on, hes very on, when hes off, hes very off. This will be a big factor on wether or not he can pull of a win against undefeat UF Ryan Bader..this is Baders first huge test too...but is impressive undefeated streak I see him retaining here, with tko victory or Jardine

Ben Rothwell vs Mirko Cro Cop

The legend that was Cro Cop has diminished since competing in the UFC, and this once dominant fighter has offered little threat to anyone as of late. Ben Rothwell was IFL Champion, for whatever thats worth, Cain Velasquez took care of him barely breaking a sweat. Ben wasnt out and stoppage was iffy, but he offered Cain zero fight. I think he's still a notch below Cro Cop , and if Mirko cant pull this off, he's done. Mirko via headkick in round 2.

---------------------------------------- undercard-------------

Krzysztof Soszynski will lose to Stephan Bonner

All Aussie battle ~ Elvis Sinosic has 6 losses in a row and more losses than wins, Chris Haseman hasnt exactly been active either, losing to the late Evan Tanner at ufc 38 ...but this is to please the hometown crowd...I pick Elvis vis decision

Chris Lytle over Brian Foster

Gorin Reljic over CB Dollaway

Igor Pokrajac over James Te Huna

UFC 110 Acer Arena in Sydney' date=' Australia

Main Event

Cain Velasquez vs Antonio Nogueira

The winner of this will meet the winner of Brock vs Mir/Carwin winner [ Mir/Carwin is at the next ppv'] Cain Velasquez has been incredibly dominant...outwrestling, by a mile, anyone put in front of him...this kid has an amazing future regardless of the outcome of this match, that being said, this is first HUGE test inside the octagon....Mir is the only man to ever knock out Nogueira, and he was fighting with a staph infection when he did it, and he has since beaten Randy Couture . Few are as well known ~ his little brother of the same name recently came in and is set to make waves in the L-HW division, heck, he already has. This is a tough fight to call, Im thinking Cains youth might play a factor and hed hammer out a decision victory...Im calling Cain via decision....niether man is known for having knock out power, there just both insanely technical fighters.

Micheal The Count Bisping vs Wanderlai The Axe Murderer Silva

Wow what a card this is..this is a huge fight...Bisping leads the brithish invasion ~ his only bleish a brutal knock out by Hendo ~ he recently turned it up in the 2nd round of a fight against Dennis Kang, a guy who was successful in pride tourneys and a fellow Canadian, and TKOd his way to victory. Silva has 4 losses in his last 5 outings...his time is winding down, while once a dominant fighter who reaked havoc over nearly everyone, his vulnerability has been exposed. Clearly he will be the fan favourite, however The Counts time is now. Bisping got this.

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Stevenson

George is Australias star on the card ~ untested against top level competition, but dominant against lower level, this is his first real test, and Joe will bring it to him no doubt. I think hometown crowd and his dominance will prove to factor in his submission victory over Joe Daddy

Ryan Darth Bader vs Dean of Mean Kieth Jardine

When Jardine is on, hes very on, when hes off, hes very off. This will be a big factor on wether or not he can pull of a win against undefeat UF Ryan Bader..this is Baders first huge test too...but is impressive undefeated streak I see him retaining here, with tko victory or Jardine

Ben Rothwell vs Mirko Cro Cop

The legend that was Cro Cop has diminished since competing in the UFC, and this once dominant fighter has offered little threat to anyone as of late. Ben Rothwell was IFL Champion, for whatever thats worth, Cain Velasquez took care of him barely breaking a sweat. Ben wasnt out and stoppage was iffy, but he offered Cain zero fight. I think he's still a notch below Cro Cop , and if Mirko cant pull this off, he's done. Mirko via headkick in round 2.

---------------------------------------- undercard-------------

Krzysztof Soszynski will lose to Stephan Bonner

All Aussie battle ~ Elvis Sinosic has 6 losses in a row and more losses than wins, Chris Haseman hasnt exactly been active either, losing to the late Evan Tanner at ufc 38 ...but this is to please the hometown crowd...I pick Elvis vis decision

Chris Lytle over Brian Foster

Gorin Reljic over CB Dollaway

Igor Pokrajac over James Te Huna

the only one i AGREE with u is cro cop, bonnar.

You may be right' date=' but I like Jardine so I'm pulling for him, still not sure at all on who will win that fight[/quote']

Yeah. I like Jardine too, and you can't count him out. Could go either way. Bader is just the new guy and I like him, so I want to see him move up the ladder.

Archived