Who has the best punch in mma history?

boxer55

Chuck's Overhand is vicious.

Rampage's hooks are incredibly technical, powerful and obviously effective.

Anderson Silva has a great jab. Most overlooked punch in fighting. Silva's jab is great to utilize his reach and set up kicks and knees.

Fedor's GnP is unlike anything I've ever seen. I've never seen somebody generate that much power on the ground.

Fedor probably is the hardest puncher in terms of knockout power. That punch against Rogers was spectacular. Yeah Rogers is good but not the best fighter in the world but the technique Fedor has with his punches is perfect. He almost took the guys frikkin head off!!!!! Fedor all the way but right behind him is Hendo or Rampage.

Fedor probably is the hardest puncher in terms of knockout power. That punch against Rogers was spectacular. Yeah Rogers is good but not the best fighter in the world but the technique Fedor has with his punches is perfect. He almost took the guys frikkin head off!!!!! Fedor all the way but right behind him is Hendo or Rampage.

Watching it in slow mo was epic. You could see how Fedor was just waiting. He timed it so perfectly. And that crack... holy ****. Sounded like a gun shot.

Fedor isn't even all that great of a punch and yes I seen the Rodgers fight. I would have to say Anderson' date=' Hendo, or Nate.[/quote']

Apparently you haven't seen his ground and pound. Standing he's not a very technical puncher, but his ground and pound is the best I've ever seen.

Anderson is getting better with his boxing I just think he has an excellent jab, though. As far as straight punching though... not sure.

Apparently you haven't seen his ground and pound. Standing he's not a very technical puncher' date=' but his ground and pound is the best I've ever seen.

Anderson is getting better with his boxing I just think he has an excellent jab, though. As far as straight punching though... not sure.[/quote']

andersons has perscision in all of his strikes. hands,elbows,knees,kicks

andersons has perscision in all of his strikes. hands' date='elbows,knees,kicks[/quote']

Well no doubt. I think Anderson is the best all around striker in mixed martial arts. Defense, offense, everything is incredible. But I think there are better boxers than him. BJ Penn comes to mind. Anderson is a muay thai fighter in my eyes (nothing wrong with it, I used to train Muay Thai as well which is why Andy used to be one of my favorite fighters).

His boxing did look good against Forrest, but Forrest is a slow guy. I don't think it'll look that good against Vitor.

But we're talking best punch. Not the best boxing. And when you think of best punch it should incorporate power, precision and technique. I know I mentioned Anderson's jab in mine, but I thought it was worth a mention. As far as the best punch, it'd have to be Rampage's hooks imo. Followed by Chuck's overhand, Fedor's GnP and Hendo's right hand in no particular order.

Edit: Just wanted to add in no way do I think Anderson's hands are not worthy of being on this poll. That 3 shot combo on Leben was beautiful. So was everything in the Forrest fight.

El Guapo all the way.

Ever see that Sport Science thing on FOX where they measured strikes from MMA fighters as compared to purists in every discipline?

They first measured the most powerful kicks in martial arts, Muay Thai was the strongest. American Boxing was the strongest punches. They also measured torque on submissions, the force required for a KO, things like that.

If I remember correctly on this episode was Bas Ruten, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, and Dean Lister.

First of all, all four were at least equal to the best measurements of the martial arts purists at everything. The scale went Lister, then Randy and Tito were higher and pretty even, then the most powerful were Bas. His strikes were so powerful, especially his kicks, the engineer in charge didn't believe the readings and it took several tests to confirm. Funny thing was the more he had to do it, the harder he was hitting. One of the body kicks he hit the test dummy with deflected its ribcage by almost 3 inches! That is equivalent to a 35 MPH brick wall accident, and enough to cause death. His punches were each singularly powerful enough to cause brain damage!

They also went on to show that MMA fighters are so well physically trained and in such almost superhuman condition, their bodies are physically able to withstand more punishment than us mere mortals.

The whole thing was fascinating as hell to me. I remember when they did the first show where they measured who was strongest from all the single disciplines and I was thinking I wonder how MMA guys would measure up?

Well they not only measured up, they surpassed every single discipline at their own game and combined the best of all the others.

i saw the show joshdfs is talking about. it always annoyed me that people assumed that because one guy is a boxer and the other is and mma fighter that the boxer must hit harder. it was nice to see that i was right and people were full of it.

anyways,the best punching technique has to go to silva. the best power has to go to chuck. the best gnp, fedor. and the single hardest punch has to be the one rashad landed on chuck. i know others will have other opinions, but watch that punch in slow mo from the backside of chuck. you actually see chucks neck vertibrae move independent of his head. he clocked him square in the center of the face and put him dead to sleep. not on the button, not on the jaw to make his head jerk sideways, but just pure power straight on.

I was sitting here staring at this thread, amazed that it's life is still going, then suddenly it dawned on me and I couldn't believe I did not think of it before.

Bruce Lee has the best and most devastating punch. He can break the sternum. His style of Jeet Kune Do and martial arts philosophy are the beginnings of MMA.

So there it is, Bruce has the best punch in MMA.

Penn's boxing is nothing short of amazing. I just love watching him jab it's so incredibly fast. By far the best boxing in MMA.

I'm really quite surprised more people haven't gone with Penn. How many other people made GSP's face look like that?

BJ is precise and powerful with every strike he throws.

I would have also voted for Bas, Vitor and Fedor if I could've.

Other for me. How could you possibly leave Fedor's overhand right off of your list. That thing is a bomb and has finished many world class contenders.

Yeah those hands are so powerful the it knocks out the glass jaw Arlovski & Rogers. Oops I almost forgot those powerful hands include the bouncing off the ropes when he hit Arlovski.

Archived