Cain vs. Big Nog fight

boxer55

As much as I believe that the up and comers like Cain do have it in them for a title shot, I still believe big nog still has a hell of a lot in him and can take this providing he brings at least his B-Game. Although I have a slightly bias opinion as I love that ugly ogre they call Rodrigo. Guillotine 3rd Nogueira

I have Noguiera via triangle' date=' armbar, kimura--anything... [b']All Cain Velasquez is is a ****y, arrogant butthole who's gonna decide to get really ****y in the fight and get napped or snapped.[/b]

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated, but very talented. He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents.

I do think that Nogueira will win this fight by submission though. Cain always takes fights to the ground which is appropriate; he is a phenomenal wrestler with nearly unmatched cardio for his division. The ground is Nogueira's world as well know. Now Couture was able to survive some intense spots on the ground at 102 but I think that it had a ton to do with his experience and composure. I think Velasquez will get caught in something he has never seen before and be done. Should be a very interesting fight though.

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated' date=' but very talented. He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents.

I do think that Nogueira will win this fight by submission though. Cain always takes fights to the ground which is appropriate; he is a phenomenal wrestler with nearly unmatched cardio for his division. The ground is Nogueira's world as well know. Now Couture was able to survive some intense spots on the ground at 102 but I think that it had a ton to do with his experience and composure. I think Velasquez will get caught in something he has never seen before and be done. Should be a very interesting fight though.[/quote']

yea hes got talent, he is not overrated. hes got the skills that kills

yea i think Nogs submissions will be too much for cains GnP. nog has a submission attempt like every minute of a fight

Noguiera's submissions are like Dan Henderson's right hooks--Any man can see they're coming, but they can't always do anything about it. :cool:

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated' date=' but very talented. [b']He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents.

[/b]

I do think that Nogueira will win this fight by submission though. Cain always takes fights to the ground which is appropriate; he is a phenomenal wrestler with nearly unmatched cardio for his division. The ground is Nogueira's world as well know. Now Couture was able to survive some intense spots on the ground at 102 but I think that it had a ton to do with his experience and composure. I think Velasquez will get caught in something he has never seen before and be done. Should be a very interesting fight though.

This..it's cause he hangs out with that **** Koscheck.

Cain is my boy so i am going for him in this fight.

but what will his gameplan be. it seems Cain's style is GnP' date=' but will he want to go down there with a guy like Big Nog.[/quote']

I bet this fight will be mostly stand-up. If it goes to the ground, then Nog will win by submission, if not, then my vote still goes to Nogueira by split decision.

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated' date=' [b']but very talented. He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents[/b].

I totally agree.

When I read the post that you had quoted, I was thinking to myself "WTF? Does this guy even know who Cain Velasquez is?". He is a very humble guy, and he's NEVER impressed with his own performances.

This should be a very good fight. I think Cain has loads of potential, and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled this one off. That being said, I still think Nog takes it.

Cain is going to want to get this fight to the ground, and Minotauro has made his living by pulling off spectacular subs. This, combined with the seemingly 'pillowy soft' fists of Cain, and it should be an easy pick.

Cain hit Kongo 200+ times, and barely left a bruise. Rothwell said he could have taken those punches all night long. I highly doubt they will phase Big Nog.

I have Noguiera via triangle' date=' armbar, kimura--anything... All Cain Velasquez is is a ****y, arrogant butthole who's gonna decide to get really ****y in the fight and get napped or snapped.[/quote']

....uve probably never met him, i have. hes extremely kind and soft spoken, not ****y atall.

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated' date=' but very talented. He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents.[/quote']

Agreed

It's hard to call but I think that Cain will grind out a decision because it's rare when Noq gets finished. That being said if Cain isn't smart picking his shots on the ground and working for better positions he will get submitted faster than a hater can make a hate thread about fedor/brock.

I see you are not a big Velasquez fan. I am not entirely sold on him myself either and I find him overrated' date=' but very talented. [b']He is, however, the opposite of a ****y, arrogant butthole. Cain is one of the most modest guys in the UFC. He never talks trash and is always very respectful of his opponents[/b].

+1 for this. and i have cain by tko gnp round 2 and i think he will be so impressive dana will give him a title shot vs brock where he will out wrestle and destroy brock. then this forum can switch from brock vs fedor to cain vs fedor ;)

I don't think Cain is ****y at all. Actually rather humble. And I do think he is at the top of the HW division. However, I believe Nog is too. A really good match up for the both of them. They can either stand up (I believe Cain has the edge...) and see what happens or take it to the ground. If they do that, Cain puts himself at risk of getting submitted and Nog puts himself at risk to be put on his back and pounded out. As a betting man I would give it to Cain with the decision. However, I would be suprised if he got caught in some intricate submission. Good fight...

P.S. Brock Lesnar is a clown.

Cain's a prejudice dude, who I can't wait to see KO'ed. That Brown Pride tattoo irritates me, about as much as a White Pride tattoo would irritate anyone of another ethnicity.

As far as skill set, I think Cain may be a little bit better on his feet. His wrestling is obviously top notch. Problems are:

1. He has a weak chin. Nog has KO power.

2. If he takes Nog down, he's in Nog's territory, and Randy Couture will tell you that is no fun.

3. He's not really a HW. He's got quite a bit of fat on him. He should be at 205, and stop enjoying all the finer foods soo much.

I pick Nog for the win. Sorry if I come across as negative about the tattoo. I just don't like seeing outright flagrant prejudice.

• 1 year later...
I wish I could be more like you. Unfortunately' date=' I have a bitter distaste for Evans, Diaz bros, Bisping, and a few others whom I can't remember right now.[/quote']

Haha, I like all of those guys. Nate is probably my least favourite out of them.

My dislike list includes..

- Jon Jones

- Jake Shields (Have gained some respect once he joined the UFC)

- Josh Barnett

- Chael Sonnen (I USED to be a fan)

- Shinya Aoki

Archived