Sonnen on Anderson

Vaseline

Although Chael Sonnen faces the toughest test of his professional career when he meets Nate Marquardt at UFC 109, he can't seem to get middleweight champ Anderson Silva and his "invincibility" out of his mind.

"That guy's no more the top fighter out there than Bigfoot is roaming the woods," Sonnen told MMAWeekly.com. "That is an absolute myth, and all these guys can buy into it, but there's a young man out in Portland, Oregon, that is not signing up on that bandwagon."

Sonnen, who owns an impressive 23-10-1 professional record, elaborated on his perspective about Silva's disrespect toward the mixed martial arts media. The same outlets that helped build his aura of invincibility and legendary status.

"It's quite ironic that all the media comes on and talks about how great this guy is for reasons that are completely un-understandable to me," Sonnen openly questioned. "How great Anderson Silva is, and all of us fighters are in the back going, 'jeez, they're out there massaging his ego, Anderson hates them so much, he pretends he can't understand them.'

"If Anderson ever signed to fight me, which is highly unlikely, he'll be getting a verbal beating like you've never seen. And his language barrier won't be the point of interest."

Before he can even think of a bout with Silva, Sonnen will have to get past Nate Marquardt at UFC 109: Relentless. The event takes place on February 6, 2010 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

pretty lame to me

I agree. The ONLY reason I'd want to see Sonnen fight Anderson is to see him get his **** beat. And then after Silva should talk **** to him in Portuguese just to rub it in.

But seriously what does Silva speaking in his native tongue have to do with his "disrespecting" people? Sounds like an ignorant USA USA American to me..who thinks the world needs to cater to his world view.

Cheers

-DR

Too bad he will have to beat Nate the Great before he is even considered for a shot at Silva, and boys and girls, I just don't see that happening. Sonnen is good, has been impressive, but Marquart's skill level everywhere except maybe pure wrestling is far and above Sonnen's.

Yeah he's focusing on the wrong dude right now' date=' Marquardt's going to put him in his place.[/quote']

Exactly!!! Marquradt is gonna smash him!!!! I cant wait I love Marquardt and I relly cant wait to see him knock off Sonnen I had a little respect for sonnen but now its all gone what is he even thinking talking about Anderson like that just unbelievable and if he isnt thinking about Marquardt than he is just gonna get smashed that much harder!!!

man what an idiot, the only chance he ever had at fans are far gone now, Anderson would destroy sonnen first round if not first minute and Marquardt is gunna serve him too. Sonnen isnt good he'll get smashed by any good competition and i hope he gets destroyed by Marquardt, because theres no way he'll get Anderson, you need talent for that.

Honestly though. Sonnen has to be by far, the best p4p fighter in the UFC right now. He has lost in the past, but has become an absolute wrecking machine. I don't see Silva being able to handle him and Nate "The Great".... FORGET ABOUT IT!

I think that the only person that could give Sonnen a good fight now is maybe Fedor.

Sonnen will be Middleweight Champion come 2011...

Honestly though. Sonnen has to be by far' date=' the best p4p fighter in the UFC right now. He has lost in the past, but has become an absolute wrecking machine. I don't see Silva being able to handle him and Nate "The Great".... FORGET ABOUT IT!

I think that the only person that could give Sonnen a good fight now is maybe Fedor.

Sonnen will be Middleweight Champion come 2011...[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your pipe with me Sonnen, you are on that good stuff.

If he thinks he can do anything against Silva other than get KTFO, he is sadly mistaken. Nate will show him what he is lacking.

Y'all act like he just pissed on Silvas grave. Calm the hell down. Dude just speakin his mind. I would love to see Sonnen knock off Silva. Nate can also knock off Silva. No one is invincible.

He pretty much pissed on Silva's good name and on Nate too because it shows he isnt even worried about Marquardt which he very well should be. What are you a Sonnen fan? Sure sounds like it I bet you would love to see him knock off silva because it sounds like you are riding sonnen's nutz and ur probally the only person now!!!! haha Sonnen has no chance of even facing Silva or defeating him yeah no ones invincible but come on dude use your head he has noo room to even mention Silva's name dude. I cant wait to see Marquardt run through this fool

sonnen says that anderson is disrespectful because he actually speaks perfect english, but pretends not to. theres a UFC Q&A session with rashad evans where rashad also says the same thing, look it up on youtube.

and anderson is very arrogant and needs to get his **** kicked. and vitor belfort will do him the favor by KOing him

sonnen says that anderson is disrespectful because he actually speaks perfect english' date=' but pretends not to. theres a UFC Q&A session with rashad evans where rashad also says the same thing, look it up on youtube.

and anderson is very arrogant and needs to get his **** kicked. and vitor belfort will do him the favor by KOing him[/quote']

sooo what whats the big deal? mayb he's more comfortable having his translator talk to large crowds of people we may not ever know but its not a big deal come one he is a nice guy and not arrogant at all you dont know if Belfort can do it we will all just have to see Belfort doesnt even look that good soo well just have to see

look warrior707, anderson is as ****y and arrogant of a pr*ck as they come. the guy disrespects his opponents in the ring, which is far worse than any trash talking in pre-fight hype. he refuses to touch gloves with his opponents, drops his hands and taunts the other fighter, and pretends to offer them a hand up when he drops them. CLASSLESS

he can get away with this because he fights very average strikers, some even sub-par. therefore he is able to get away with his bullsh*t antics. but vitor is a far superior striker to any of andersons previous opponents, UFC or other organizations. and anderson is believing all the hype the UFC is placing around him in order to sell tickets. he tried (and failed) to duck vitor by claiming he doesnt deserve the shot, and then said it will be a boring fight anyways because vitor will simply take him down, in an effort to somehow avoid the fight

Vitor Belfort will KO anderson "diva" silva. few people can get past the silva hype so remember wat i said when vitor has the MW belt

Vitor Belfort will KO anderson "diva" silva. few people can get past the silva hype so remember wat i said when vitor has the MW belt

Whatever you say dude! And only time will tell!!!!! If Anderson KO's Belfort than I will be laughing in your face man and Im not saying that anyone is gonna win because no one knows we well just have to find out. But if Silva wins than that will be a big slap to your face

Archived