why rejoice in the octagon

redmanblood

i would never rejoice over an easy win or a win that was handed to me . just seems retarded imo.

Not being happy about a win is retarded. A win is a win no matter how you get it. Not their fault their opponents made mistakes. Which something all fighters look and wait for.

Not being happy about a win is retarded. A win is a win no matter how you get it. Not their fault their opponents made mistakes. Which something all fighters look and wait for.

so would you would be happy and dance around the track if you beat a 1 legged man in a 100 meter track and field race.

Do you compete in MMA? After all the training and hard work you put into preparing for the fight + the bonus money for a win (if the fighter gets that) why would you not celebrate? Would be hard not to be excited.

celebrate no . happy yes. easy wins wont help you on your future match against your next opponent.

While I generally try not to play into these things I just have to feed the troll this one time...

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A fighter has every right in the world to celebrate when winning by sub. The very nature of jiujitsu and submission fighting is to take advantage of mistakes in position or sloppy technique. If someone is going to be sloppy or stupid and give up an easy submission they deserve to lose, and the victor deserves to celebrate for being the BETTER fighter. Good submission offense is one of the most difficult skills in MMA to master, which is why there are few true masters.

SO anyway is this some lame-o attempt to discredit a certain HW submission artist? If so, it ain't selling!

so would you would be happy and dance around the track if you beat a 1 legged man in a 100 meter track and field race.

That is wrong on so many levels. The reason for this is because the fighter that got subbed didn't start out with a disadvantage. He gave up his positioning and that's why he gained the disadvantage. Unless that runner's leg got cut off while he was running the race this comparison is sooooo wrong.

I think Lawlor saw his $100,000 bonus check when he choked out the favorite and left him unconscious in the middle of the octagon in less than a minute.

Also for someone to "give" a fighter an "easy" submission they have to be pretty well rehearsed in jiu-jitsu in the first place. We've seen it time and time again where fighters have the opportunity to finish fights are they are given an opportunity to but they don't because they are not as well accomplished with their submission skills.

But I suppose this has gone on too long. The troll is probably suffering from gluttony by now.

a better comparison would be:

would you be happy if you trained and dedicated 1 - 2 even 3 months of your life to a 100m race with another man for $100,000, only to easily defeat the man by 20 seconds.

Absolutely i would go crazy for earning that much money in that short a time! Especially after so much hard work leading up to it.

The hard work in training would mean that you would be concerned about the opponents skills, and that there is a real threat of losing, and the fact that the win came so easily would be like a tremendous weight on your shoulders being lifted off effortlessly.

the point is would you dance around the octagon or rejoice with that easy win against a 1 legged runner in a 100 meter race

Dude this is sports if the person you are fighting does not come in prepared that is his/her own fault and hell yeah you get excited. A win is a win regardless of if it is a so called easy fault. Think about it...Matt Serra did catch GSP and won the belt so you really never know.

Or put it like this if a top fighter comes in unprepared and the low ranked fighter gets an easy victory should that fighter not be excited and rejoice??? After all it was an easy victory!!!

Archived