Jaw dropping moments

KRYME

A lot has happened since the start of the UFC. Many memorable moments and amazing fights have gone down inside the octagon. Some more than others.

What are some moments in UFC/MMA history that shocked you the most? Things that made you say "wow!".

One that comes to mind for me is Gonzaga's brutal KO over Cro Cop.

when Deigo Sanchez and Clay Guida fought was the fight i always remember, just non stop insanity, Deigo's brutal head kick, the first 30 seconds was just a brawl, it was the first time since i started watching that made me go wow, i have to watch this sport. The other one that comes to mind is Anderson Silva's domination of Forrest Griffin, ducking 3 or 4 of his shots with his hands down and then countered and put Forrest on the mat, following that up with KO'ing him with a jab.

A lot has happened since the start of the UFC. Many memorable moments and amazing fights have gone down inside the octagon. Some more than others.

What are some moments in UFC/MMA history that shocked you the most? Things that made you say "wow!".

That one was classic. Cro crop got a taste of his own medicine.

Anderson Silva's destruction of Griffin was pretty crazy. Maybe not super surprising but the way he did it was pretty wow worthy.

Something just didnt seem right about that one. Forrest looked totally sluggish from the beginning. He left way too much space. Should have shortened the distance, and maybe even tackeled him. Dissapointing.

Tank Abbott KO over Matua- Matua the giant master of Hawaiian bone breaking, and Tank knocked him stiff.

Anderson Silva's destruction of Carlos Newton, then Leben, then Franklin twice, Irvin, Forrest, pretty much every time he fights.

Rampage unconscious in the ropes.

JDS over Cro-Cop, expected the win but not the beat down.

Seeing Minotauro getting TKO'ed for the first time by Frank Mir.

The armbar by Hughes over GSP in their first fight. One of the best submission transitions ever performed.

That flying triangle choke by Sazaki(?), last years sub of the year.

Penn/Uno1- nuff said

The Randelmann suplex on Fedor and subsequent Fedor armbar on Randelmann.

Every Wanderlei fight from 2003-2006

I could go on for hours. That is why I love this sport more than any other. The variety and copious ammounts of WOW moments at every single event!

Last year:

Jones' spinning back elbow on Bonnar - right Joe Silva? best.face.ever!

Hamill's headkick on Munoz

Sanchez vs Guida

Henderson knocking out Bisping - I screamed so loudly at the TV!

Silva making Griffin look like a rookie, not like a former world champ

Brock Lesnar at UFC 100 - just everything

Belfort storming through Franklin - WOW

Penn dismantling Sanchez - that first round flurry especially

Fedor on national TV, awesome

Kimbo Slice: the suplex of the year

In general:

Gonzaga cro copping Cro Cop 70

Couture making Sylvia look like a child at 68

Serra vs GSP at 69

Jackson TKOing Liddell in the first at 71 (man talk about crazy stretch of MMA from 68-71)

Silva's debut against Leben

Silva's destruction of Franklin

Silva's destruction of Franklin

Jardine TKOing Griffin

Liddell vs Silva - so epic

I'm stopping here. I love this sport.

UFC 100 when GSP fought alves..I thought alves was gonna be a tough challenge..Kinda like sanchez was supposed to be agaisnt penn..

There was this sick ko that happened a believe in either 05 or 06..It is on the Best knockouts they have shown on spike..i know its a black who does..They both spin around and the guy is in the air and kicks him in the face i believe...It was sick..

one that really sticks out in my head though i cant remember exactly how it happened

but i think it was arlovski V tim sylvia

i believe sylvia dropped arlovski,then andrei stood right back up n laid tim out

i might be wrong about sylvia,but i think thats who it was

one that really sticks out in my head though i cant remember exactly how it happened

but i think it was arlovski V tim sylvia

i believe sylvia dropped arlovski' date='then andrei stood right back up n laid tim out

i might be wrong about sylvia,but i think thats who it was[/quote']

Other way around..Arlovski won by an Achilles lock. First time around.

Tim was tagged..dropped...got up...and dropped Arlovski. second time.

And the third fight was probably the worst fight I've ever seen. Seriously...Silva v Leites was like Guida v Sanchez in comparison.

Cheers

-DR

And the third fight was probably the worst fight I've ever seen. Seriously...Silva v Leites was like Guida v Sanchez in comparison.

Cheers

-DR

agreed, the third fight was a snooze fest.

this

Cheers

-DR

lol...didnt you like how i said.."one that really stands out in my head"...then couldnt remember a damn thing about it

haha

lol...didnt you like how i said.."one that really stands out in my head"...then couldnt remember a damn thing about it

haha

*chuckle*

No dude..it's cool. You remembered it...you just remembered only their second fight. And you got the roles reversed...but you DO remember that turning point and finish. That kind of stuff happens all the time. Especially since they both had wins over each other and fought 3 times.

Cheers

-DR

Archived