Who should be the next coaches on TUF?

ThePredictor

I think it would be amazing if the UFC set up some kind of "foreign" TUF season. Like a Candian team (coach: GSP) vs. a Brazilian team (coach: A. Silva). Or like a Canadian v Latin American/Mexican team would be amazing as well. Not only would it open the market for more countries and fans but it would open the gate for fighters from these areas as well. I think the US talent pool needs some time to recoup after watch the last couple of seasons....

I think it would be amazing if the UFC set up some kind of "foreign" TUF season. Like a Candian team (coach: GSP) vs. a Brazilian team (coach: A. Silva). Or like a Canadian v Latin American/Mexican team would be amazing as well. Not only would it open the market for more countries and fans but it would open the gate for fighters from these areas as well. I think the US talent pool needs some time to recoup after watch the last couple of seasons....

No lie...good call on that too. BTW I was kinda disappointed to hear Chuck and Tito are doing the next season... Lesnar/Mir, GSP/Hardy, or the Canada/Mexico/Brazil ideas are better imo

Mir and Lesner of course' date=' can you imagine the explosions we would see...[/quote']

X10 and carry the HELL YEAH!!

I still wish to see those two coaching lightweights, and when they get in each others faces and are about to come to blows, their teams trying to seperate them and all the little guys hanging off the two big dummies arms and legs, flailing about! Lightweights getting tossed out of the way by both coaches, Brock picks up Junie Browning by the feet and tries to use him to beat Mir over the head.

Now that would be good TV!

I still wish to see those two coaching lightweights' date=' and when they get in each others faces and are about to come to blows, their teams trying to seperate them and all the little guys hanging off the two big dummies arms and legs, flailing about! Lightweights getting tossed out of the way by both coaches, Brock picks up Junie Browning by the feet and tries to use him to beat Mir over the head.

Now that would be good TV![/quote']

HAHAHA that would be hilarious. I can see Junie Browning screaming while Brock is hitting Mir with him going, "Beat his **** Brock! Beat his ****!

Yea if Florian gets another shot at the title. They don't like each other at all.

WRONG, they actually were friends lomg before their fight, and have resumed the friendship after. The whole beef between them was fabricated to sell the fight, they both said as much in the ring after. BJ was inviting Kenny to come train with him in Hilo.

Plus Kenny don't want no more BJ! (Hold on that didn't sound appropriate...)

Kenny does not want to fight BJ again!

I still wish to see those two coaching lightweights' date=' and when they get in each others faces and are about to come to blows, their teams trying to seperate them and all the little guys hanging off the two big dummies arms and legs, flailing about! Lightweights getting tossed out of the way by both coaches, Brock picks up Junie Browning by the feet and tries to use him to beat Mir over the head.

Now that would be good TV![/quote']

I actually wasn't sold on the whole Brock Lesnar coaching thing, but now i am! lol

Kenny Florian and BJ Penn or Brock Lesnar and Rank Mir.

Rank Mir? Both are bad ideas. Lesnar would have to be censored half the time' date=' and Mir would probably end up murdered half way through the season.

As for Kenny and BJ, well the post below pretty much sums that up, plus everyone knows what would happen, so it really wouldn't be that exciting.

WRONG, they actually were friends lomg before their fight, and have resumed the friendship after. The whole beef between them was fabricated to sell the fight, they both said as much in the ring after. BJ was inviting Kenny to come train with him in Hilo.

Plus Kenny don't want no more BJ! (Hold on that didn't sound appropriate...)

Kenny does not want to fight BJ again!

ROFLMFAO!!!! Nice Buddy!

there would have to be atleast 20 security guards present at all times if it were lesnar/mir.

my money is on marquart/bisping

This is a bad idea too.

Both are in completely different situations, Bisping needs to prove he can beat top contenders, wasting time on the show isn't proving that, it's just causing another layoff between fights, and Marquardt is one win away from a possible title shot, why would he jeopardize his shot just to coach the show? Not gonna happen man.

ok people i know half of you will give me some troll-age, but Team USA vs Team Russia

Fedor vs Lesnar , if they could make this happen(i doubt) it would be way sicker then mir vs lesnar even if fedor doesnt speak much english i think fedor might be interested in helping ,bringing MMA into russia might be a way to get him into the ufc, and find out who is the undisputed champ. mir vs lesnar will prolly happen it still will be great.

but yeah also Silva vs gsp canada vs brazil would be insane

(tito vs chuck2 is kinda awful i dont know whos excited to see them fight )

another good idea if fitch beats alves would possibly be fitch vs gsp as a tuf card , cause silva said hes moving up in weight class and we woulodnt get to see them fight at the end of the season. so yeah Fitch vs Pierre

all you guys thinking penn vs florean is a good idea , i think Penn vs hughes is a better idea , with hughes coming back into MMA and penn ,looking better then ever if hughes beats renzo maybe BJ vs Hughes 4 or something lol and also it would make an amazing season of tuf

your thoughts?

This would be a ratings powerhouse.

Cheers

-DR

This was my response to fvh3 in the TUF forum...so i thought i would post it here also becuz people are really not looking at the big picture when it comes to the TUF show. EVERYTHING is not about ratings. I personally think the coaches should be Florian and Sanchez. FVH3 thinks KenFlo's personality is a little too numb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddievanhalen3 View Post

i dont think thats a great idea.. kenny would be a good coach but boring to watch

My response:

There's always seems to be opposite polarizing personalities between the coaches on the show...Ortiz, Rashad, and Henderson and Griffin were pretty low key, and laid back *IMO* as opposed to Rampage, Bisping, and Shamrock who were either amped up, mouthy, or joking all the time. So it's alright if Kenny is that way because Diego's personality is the exact opposite. It would be entertaining enough just to see if Kenny could keep it together if Diego starts to get out of hand.

Lesnar is not a coach who would be experienced or versatile enough at this point in his career to give adequate instruction in MMA. He's champion at this point more so than anything else as a result of his size and strength than his actual ability to fight. You have to think about the development of the fighters of the show. I mean Lesnar really is green himself...he just started learning how to defend submissions. It would be like one baby trying to teach other babies how to walk. If the show becomes all about the coaches than it totally defeats the purpose of the show. It's called The Ultimate Fighter not The Ultimate Coach. People are just as likely to be turned by the show if the coaches *do* become the main focal point. Drama sells but not if it takes away from the show itself. Not to mention there's always seems to be 1 or 2 fighters at least that are show stealers for whatever reason (whether good or bad ala Diego himself) that they invite to stay in the house anyway who tend to keep people focused on the show.

For those suggesting foreign coaches (nation vs nation), the English of the coaches may be one thing. The English of the fighters may be another. I personally don't have a problem with reading subtitles, but I think at this point it may be a ratings drop if they try it.

Archived