Got My Jui Jitsu Blackbelt from Bally's Total Fitness.. I Know What I'm Talking About

ArcaneKnight

Ok.. So let me break this down real quick.. We're having another tournament style HW showdown between 4 top HW's to determine the next challenger for the title.

#4 ranked Big Nog will be fighting #9 ranked Cain Velasquez on Feb. 20th. Dana White threw out the possibility that this fight had title shot implications..

Now #3 ranked Frank Mir will be taking on #10 ranked Shane Carwin 5 weeks later for the interim title, or for #1 contendership.

If Shane Carwin wins, I guarantee the winner of Nog/Velasquez gets the next shot at Brock. They will push the fight date forward if they have to so Shane Carwin doesn't have time to recover and then begin training camp, due in large part to his 30 day no contact medical suspension. So they will press Brocks return rather than wait for Shane to recover.

Now if Frank Mir beats Carwin, then he will get the next crack at Lesnar, regardless of how long his medical suspension is. The UFC will hold off for that trilogy of a fight. It was Brock's huge debut fight in the UFC, and it'll be his big return fight, and become the most anticipated trilogy in UFC history. Especially now since Frank Mir is cutting weight to make 265, just like Brock. They are 1-1 against eachother, and there is BAD blood between them two. Line this fight up with a couple other big name fights, and it has record breaking PPV written all over it. I'm willing to bet it'll push 2 million PPV buys. 2.25 MM.

The UFC won't throw Shane Carwin at Brock for his big return. That fight is high risk low reward fight. There simply isn't enough tape to study on Carwin, he hasn't been put in enough different situations for Brock and his camp to really formulate a gameplan. His size and strength is comparable to Brocks, his wrestling is comparable, but I think if Shane can keep the fight on the feet, he has a huge advantage in the striking department. I'm positive they'd much rather take a fight with a smaller Velasquez or Nog, and a rematch with Mir, over Shane Carwin. A guy who's biggest win came against a guy who is only known for knocking out Cro Cop.. A Cro Cop who hasn't done jack since he joined the UFC.

Yeah that fight is risky, and I know they'll give Brock a warm up fight with Nog or Velasquez, before throwing him in there with his arch nemesis, someone who is tailor made to knock him out. I promise Brock will have atleast one more fight under his belt before that fight happens, he needs to knock out the cage rust and get a little bit more experience before taking that fight. You never know when that H1N1 virus will creep up on him..

So in short.. Mir wins, he's next in line to fight Brock. If Carwin wins, the winner of Big Nog/Velasquez will be the one to get the next crack at the title. No matter what happens, Carwin will not get the next title shot. You heard it here first. There's a reason why Dana White threw out that possibility, so there are no surprises should something like this happen, Dana already gave you the heads up.

Wtf? Bally's Total Fitness is a legit gym. Haven't you seen the commercials? They do MMA now. Nothing but a bunch of hot **** Kyra Gracie's in spandex training up there..

still waiting for you to tell me how to apply that omoplata from a failed guard armbar "black belt". and im only a brown belt so you should know this easily

Wtf? Bally's Total Fitness is a legit gym. Haven't you seen the commercials? They do MMA now. Nothing but a bunch of hot **** Kyra Gracie's in spandex training up there..

OMG. Dude. Training jiu jitsu with a bunch of kyra gracies in spandex? You are truly a God amongst the forum.

With the exception of me, of course. But you're getting closer.

lol are you serious?

Abso ****ing lutely. Do YOU know what you are talking about?

Did your armbar fail because he stood? Because good luck with the omoplata against an opponent who is 5 feet away waiting for you to stand.

Did it fail because your hips were too far from the base of his arm? Because you applied the submission like a 3 day old white belt?

During your transition to the armbar attempt did your opponent transition to side control because you werent tight enough with the top leg?

Seriously don't start JJ discussions if you don't have a clue.

Cheers

-DR

Abso ****ing lutely. Do YOU know what you are talking about?

Did your armbar fail because he stood? Because good luck with the omoplata against an opponent who is 5 feet away waiting for you to stand.

Did it fail because your hips were too far from the base of his arm? Because you applied the submission like a 3 day old white belt?

During your transition to the armbar attempt did your opponent transition to side control because you werent tight enough with the top leg?

Seriously don't start JJ discussions if you don't have a clue.

Cheers

-DR

i applied it from guard and they got out of it by pulling their arm out, but ive got the other dudes left arm near my right hip. go from there

You'd would get wrist control. Bend his arm so his elbow is bent shy of a 90 degree angle. Shift your body to the right using your left leg. After you have moved off his center. You bring your right leg over his left arm (leg passing to the left of your opponents head.) Bring your left leg around so your in a semi sprawl while at the same time tucking his trapped arm into you right hip socket. Lean forward and seperate shoulder.

Cheers

-DR

You'd would get wrist control. Bend his arm so his elbow is bent shy of a 90 degree angle. Shift your body to the right using your left leg. After you have moved off his center. You bring your right leg over his left arm (leg passing to the left of your opponents head.) Bring your left leg around so your in a semi sprawl while at the same time tucking his trapped arm into you right hip socket. Lean forward and seperate shoulder.

Cheers

-DR

very technical just like you read it out of a book. never the less this is correct

Ok.. So let me break this down real quick.. We're having another tournament style HW showdown between 4 top HW's to determine the next challenger for the title.

#4 ranked Big Nog will be fighting #9 ranked Cain Velasquez on Feb. 20th. Dana White threw out the possibility that this fight had title shot implications..

Now #3 ranked Frank Mir will be taking on #10 ranked Shane Carwin 5 weeks later for the interim title' date=' or for #1 contendership.

If Shane Carwin wins, I guarantee the winner of Nog/Velasquez gets the next shot at Brock. They will push the fight date forward if they have to so Shane Carwin doesn't have time to recover and then begin training camp, due in large part to his 30 day no contact medical suspension. So they will press Brocks return rather than wait for Shane to recover.

Now if Frank Mir beats Carwin, then he will get the next crack at Lesnar, regardless of how long his medical suspension is. The UFC will hold off for that trilogy of a fight. It was Brock's huge debut fight in the UFC, and it'll be his big return fight, and become the most anticipated trilogy in UFC history. Especially now since Frank Mir is cutting weight to make 265, just like Brock. They are 1-1 against eachother, and there is BAD blood between them two. Line this fight up with a couple other big name fights, and it has record breaking PPV written all over it. I'm willing to bet it'll push 2 million PPV buys. 2.25 MM.

The UFC won't throw Shane Carwin at Brock for his big return. That fight is high risk low reward fight. There simply isn't enough tape to study on Carwin, he hasn't been put in enough different situations for Brock and his camp to really formulate a gameplan. His size and strength is comparable to Brocks, his wrestling is comparable, but I think if Shane can keep the fight on the feet, he has a huge advantage in the striking department. I'm positive they'd much rather take a fight with a smaller Velasquez or Nog, and a rematch with Mir, over Shane Carwin. A guy who's biggest win came against a guy who is only known for knocking out Cro Cop.. A Cro Cop who hasn't done jack since he joined the UFC.

Yeah that fight is risky, and I know they'll give Brock a warm up fight with Nog or Velasquez, before throwing him in there with his arch nemesis, someone who is tailor made to knock him out. I promise Brock will have atleast one more fight under his belt before that fight happens, he needs to knock out the cage rust and get a little bit more experience before taking that fight. You never know when that H1N1 virus will creep up on him..

So in short.. Mir wins, he's next in line to fight Brock. If Carwin wins, the winner of Big Nog/Velasquez will be the one to get the next crack at the title. No matter what happens, Carwin will not get the next title shot. You heard it here first. There's a reason why Dana White threw out that possibility, so there are no surprises should something like this happen, Dana already gave you the heads up.[/quote']

I was hoping that this would happen.

I rather see a Lesnar vs Minotauro/Velazquez, or even a Lesnar vs Mir, then a Lesnar vs Carwin.

You just said exactly the same thing I was telling my buddies.

If you guarantee that Dana will do that I can't wait to Brock's return.

The UFC won't throw Shane Carwin at Brock for his big return. That fight is high risk low reward fight

I expect Carwin to lose, but, hypothetically, I'll bet you that the projected PPV numbers will have changed dramatically for a fight between Carwin and Lensar as of now, and after Carwin's knocked the **** out of Frank Mir.

Should Carwin win, I don't see him getting cheated out of his fight with Lesnar by any means.

Good analysis and funny title, i tend to agree that Carwin/Lesnar may get pushed back but that would also depend on how the fight goes down. If Carwin can dominate Mir then he might get the nod but if its a close or even drawn out boring fight then Nog/Cain will get the show.

Now #3 ranked Frank Mir will be taking on #10 ranked Shane Carwin 5 weeks later for the interim title' date=' or for #1 contendership.

So in short.. Mir wins, he's next in line to fight Brock. If Carwin wins, the winner of Big Nog/Velasquez will be the one to get the next crack at the title. No matter what happens, Carwin will not get the next title shot. You heard it here first. There's a reason why Dana White threw out that possibility, so there are no surprises should something like this happen, Dana already gave you the heads up.[/quote']

very interesting theory...

btw im a 3rd degree jiu jitsu black belt from "24 hour fitness"

!!yes!! :P

Archived