Level - Backyard to MMA

Ocforums

I said this about Kimbo and I'll say it about this guy. KOing out of shape bums =/= being a good MMArtist. Sure he has some basic boxing skill' date=' but the moment he fights a real fighter with a full arsenal he's going to get taken to the shed. Trust me on this.[/quote']

yeah i think we all know that ..but thanks for saying it again for the hell of it .. anyone just starting in mma will face those obstacles .. hes still fresh and hopefully he'll take it seriously and get better .. main praise he should get is taking a different route than the streets .. nobody saying him or kimbo is a good mma artist .. but at least they are trying

yeah i think we all know that ..but thanks for saying it again for the hell of it .. anyone just starting in mma will face those obstacles .. hes still fresh and hopefully he'll take it seriously and get better .. main praise he should get is taking a different route than the streets .. nobody saying him or kimbo is a good mma artist .. but at least they are trying

So are 100's of thousands of other people. So, does he gets praised because he has videos on youtube and comes from the streets or because he's a fresh MMArtist? My guess goes to him catering to the gangsta appeal.

So are 100's of thousands of other people. So' date=' does he gets praised because he has videos on youtube and comes from the streets or because he's a fresh MMArtist? My guess goes to him catering to the gangsta appeal.[/quote']

could be both dont ya think ? but instead lets just be negative

So are 100's of thousands of other people. So' date=' does he gets praised because he has videos on youtube and comes from the streets or because he's a fresh MMArtist? My guess goes to him catering to the gangsta appeal.[/quote']

I think people just like it when a useless street thug gets his life together and does something positive. I do, anyways.

I think lots of people just like it when a useless street thug gets his life together and does something positive. I do' date=' anyways.[/quote']

I'm just not a fan of the glorification of his and Kimbo's type. Instead glorify the struggling or startiing MMArtist who works a full time job and supports his 4 kids all the while training and succeeding. Just my opinion though. I hate hip hop culture and everything to do with it.

I'm just not a fan of the glorification of his and Kimbo's type. Instead glorify the struggling or startiing MMArtist who works a full time job and supports his 4 kids all the while training and succeeding. Just my opinion though. I hate hip hop culture and everything to do with it.

That's a good point.

street fights + youtube = shortcut to fame even if you are not that good

Still, I can't blame him for doing that to get his name out there.

I'm just not a fan of the glorification of his and Kimbo's type.
his type ? by that do you mean their stereo type ?

Instead glorify the struggling or startiing MMArtist who works a full time job and supports his 4 kids all the while training and succeeding
why is it limited to MMA ? and are you assuming he's not doing what you just stated ?

my opinion though. I hate hip hop culture and everything to do with it.

(ill state a favorite from posters in the forums)

you clearly know nothing about "hip hop" .. from your comments its obvious you select what you want from it and make your opinion from that .. try looking at it from a different angle and actually find out what its about .. everything has a jack **** involved with it .. but it doesnt mean it should be stereo typed and viewed at it solely because of the misrepresentation

his type ? by that do you mean their stereo type ?

why is it limited to MMA ? and are you assuming he's not doing what you just stated ?

you clearly know nothing about "hip hop" .. from your comments its obvious you select what you want from it and make your opinion from that .. try looking at it from a different angle and actually find out what its about .. everything has a jack **** involved with it .. but it doesnt mean it should be stereo typed and viewed at it solely because of the misrepresentation

The dude is fighting in back yards saying N***A every other word. That is gangster hip hop culture, not stereotyping at all. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probablly a duck. I've been all over the world, participated in many different cultures and am friends with all kinds of people, be it different nationalities, races, gender, religions, anything diversified and you can name. Don't try to pin a bigotous sterotypes label on me, you're only assuming things about me yourself.

If you think that backyard brawling and gangs are not synonomous with the hip hop culture you're mistaken. It is what it is.

Problem is that the media tends to show a very limited veiw on hip-hop and that's where many people draw their conclusions from. It is sad and almost not worth arguing about.

The dude is fighting in back yards saying N***A every other word. That is gangster hip hop culture' date=' not stereotyping at all. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probablly a duck. I've been all over the world, participated in many different cultures and am friends with all kinds of people, be it different nationalities, races, gender, religions, anything diversified and you can name. Don't try to pin a bigotous sterotypes label on me, you're only assuming things about me yourself.

If you think that backyard brawling and gangs are not synonomous with the hip hop culture you're mistaken. It is what it is.[/quote']

Hip hop is much more broad than that, just saying.

Problem is that the media tends to show a very limited veiw on hip-hop and that's where many people draw their conclusions from. It is sad and almost not worth arguing about.

My opinion is not drawn from watching the news... I have lived in those types of areas and know how the culture of those communities is. The fact that he's trying to pull the prophet from the streets crap only furthers the arguement.

I'm glad he's trying to make it, thats good, but don't try to hand me a turd and say it's a chocolate bar.

The dude is fighting in back yards saying N***A every other word. That is gangster hip hop culture' date=' not stereotyping at all. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probablly a duck. I've been all over the world, participated in many different cultures and am friends with all kinds of people, be it different nationalities, races, gender, religions, anything diversified and you can name. Don't try to pin a bigotous sterotypes label on me, you're only assuming things about me yourself.

If you think that backyard brawling and gangs are not synonomous with the hip hop culture you're mistaken. It is what it is.[/quote']

so now its "gangster hi hop" ? and apparently im not assuming about your views cause your making it clear how uneducated you are about "hip hop" no wait excuse me its been changed now to "gangster hip hop" .. my assumption on one person seems pretty accurate .. but your assumption on millions isnt even close

My opinion is not drawn from watching the news... I have lived in those types of areas and know how the culture of those communities is. The fact that he's trying to pull the prophet from the streets crap only furthers the arguement.

I'm glad he's trying to make it' date=' thats good, but don't try to hand me a turd and say it's a chocolate bar.[/quote']

nobody tried making it anything it wasnt .. its pretty clear from the get go

so now its "gangster hi hop" ? and apparently im not assuming about your views cause your making it clear how uneducated you are about "hip hop" no wait excuse me its been changed now to "gangster hip hop" .. my assumption on one person seems pretty accurate .. but your assumption on millions isnt even close

Ha... Good day, sir. It's my opinion, get over it.

get over it ? your skewed view ? doesn't bother me that your wrong .. it is your opinion .. you are entitled to be wrong whether you know you are or not

I would love to sit here and discuss the finer points of why it's not a good thing to glorify gangster rap culture, but you wouldn't listen anyways. Have a nice day.

Hope he does well. Now go dig up some video of a corn farmer in Iowa with 4 kids who's a single father and a law abiding citizen and wants to break into MMA. Since I'm the one with the skewed views here.

I would love to sit here and discuss the finer points of why it's not a good thing to glorify gangster rap culture' date=' but you wouldn't listen anyways. Have a nice day.

Hope he does well. Now go dig up some video of a corn farmer in Iowa with 4 kids who's a single father and a law abiding citizen and wants to break into MMA. Since I'm the one with the skewed views here.[/quote']

i could twist that back on ya like you twisted everything else .. but you've become a waste of time .. you seem to keep changing the actual topic

explain how i am glorifying it first .. id like to see where you pull that from

Posting a video of street fights with dialogue such as "They call me level, n***a. Cuz I be leveling fools." Or the other 4 minutes of him beating up out of shape nobodies in someones backyard. Then onto your speil about stereotypes and how I know nothing.

Posting a video of street fights with dialogue such as "They call me level' date=' n***a. Cuz I be leveling fools." Or the other 4 minutes of him beating up out of shape nobodies in someones backyard. Then onto your speil about stereotypes and how I know nothing.[/quote']

so your saying because i posted that .. that i am glorifying it ? and was it not you who decided to speil first about hip hop ? and then moved that to gangster hip hop ? tell me when it all came into play in this thread mr troll

Archived