How much would a legit BB in BJJ cost me?

EmperorFedor

I decided that I want to train and master my BJJ but I don't want to do it in 8 or 6 years, I'd prefer it done less than 2yr, what gym would give me a BB in less than 1yr. My schedule is tight and I'm able to spare about 30 minutes per day in the gym, I feel 30min is plenty of time by the time I get to my 2yr I'd have trained about 240hrs which is ALOT!!

I heard rumors about a gracie giving out legit BB, can someone please tell me his name and gym location?

I decided that I want to train and master my BJJ but I don't want to do it in 8 or 6 years' date=' I'd prefer it done less than 2yr, what gym would give me a BB in less than 1yr. My schedule is tight and I'm able to spare about 30 minutes per day in the gym, I feel 30min is plenty of time by the time I get to my 2yr I'd have trained about 240hrs which is ALOT!!

I heard rumors about a gracie giving out legit BB, can someone please tell me his name and gym location?[/quote']

You could not in any way earn a legit black belt within the space of a year or two.

I dont know what is more funny the fact that you made this thread or the probobility your serious.

I second that i was about to say exactly this...

2 years? are u serious? id be suprised if u made it out of blue belt with 30 mins a day...you cant even warm up in 30mins, let alone learn techneques...Esspecially a Gracie BB

BJ Penn got his in 3 years...and u can bet he trained alot more then 30mins a day

Its insulting you even made this thread

No legit gym will give u a BB in 2 years...id go as far as saying you'd be struggling to keep up with an Gracie Purple Belt with 2 years of training at 30mins a go!

Seriously mate, dont think of the BB just think of the techneques your learning no the belt ur wearing...dont train BJJ just so u can tell a girl in a bar your a Black Belt!

I decided that I want to train and master my BJJ but I don't want to do it in 8 or 6 years' date=' I'd prefer it done less than 2yr, what gym would give me a BB in less than 1yr. My schedule is tight and I'm able to spare about 30 minutes per day in the gym, I feel 30min is plenty of time by the time I get to my 2yr I'd have trained about 240hrs which is ALOT!!

I heard rumors about a gracie giving out legit BB, can someone please tell me his name and gym location?[/quote']

No way you will have a legit black belt in that length of time especially from a gracie.

i trained two years competed with some success ended up doing acl/meniscus now i gotta go have knee reconstruction and only nearly had a blue belt but my white belt with four stripes was legit as it comes lol i was at top of the white belt level betting blues and giving some purples a hard time...at no time i clearly remember having a week when i didnt have some niggly injury...i rolled three times a week when club operated...and also outa class times to sharpen my skills and refine my timing...so i did all this and only nearly saw a blue belt...i consider myself a moderate to fast learner...GOOD LUCK MATE LOL...

Everyone wants the belt, but no one wants to work for it

Ask AK' date=' he got his from Bally's...[/quote']

I got mine from J-Mac's TKD and Stuff in the Kroger strip mall. Only took 6 weeks. I'm truely a master of BJJ after ole J-Mac's crash course on how to properly wear a gi.

No really thats all we did, oh that and yelling a lot doing karate poses in the mirror. That makes it legit, right?

Alright...SIMPLY, I agree with what everyone is saying here man. I know you want a BB, everyone does. But in two years man? BJ Penn (who was the 1st american to win world championship in BJJ) took 3 years to get his BB. But yes the average is around ten years and 30 mins a day won't cut it at all. You would be lucky to get your blue belt training like that too. I am a white belt @ Charles Gracie Academy for about 5 months now, and I know HONESTLY that it takes a lot of mat time and work watching all the higher belts roll and whoop my ****. I would just say its IMPOSSIBLE man. But good luck and at least its cool you want to start learning BJJ, just got to do it the right way though

I got my BB in a matter of couple of seconds. The cash was worth it. ;-)

And make no mistake - the belt is legit as hell.

Thats how everyone does it, right? Then you get a couple of friends together that will put out the word at parties that, "that guy over there is a legit Black Belt in BJJ." Then all the fellas will be intimidated by you, and all the ladies will want you in their full guard.

No respectable gym will give you a BB that fast, and even if they did, why would you want it when you know you didn't earn it?

i heard it costs an arm and a leg.

This made me laugh.

i heard it costs an arm and a leg.

Well that was unusually clever!

I can't help but think this is a lame troll attempt at taking a shot at Penn. He earned his in 3 years, and some say it is shady/purchased/not legit. But he earned his in 3 years by beating world champ BB's and winning his own championship at the black belt level, when he was just a blue belt.

He left the Gracie camp when they were over committed to the structured time frame for issuance of belts. He was clearly already Black Belt level yet they wanted him to wait several more years and jump through the hoops of tradition.

There is only one Prodigy, and his Black Belt is more legit than MANY in the sport at this time, no matter how long he took to obtain it. Plus I don't know if your parents are wealthy enough to support you while you train several hours a day, far away from home, like he was lucky enough to have.

belt /= skill

there are gracie blue belts that would wipe the floor with some of these mcdojo BBs.

theres really no such thing as master BJJ either because theres always something to learn from someone. best thing to do is attend a good school, forget belts and just learn learn learn.

Archived