Worst Fight in UFC history

Marshall498

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
could have atleast put other on the poll because none of these would be on my list and you can't include the old fights because their were no time limits for some and fighters weren't stood up for a lack of action. Why is Kos v Rumble on the list???

Because it was brutal. eye poke, punch, eye poke, punch punch, eye poke

How can I not take old UFC into consideration? did you even watch Shamrock Severn?

I've seen plenty of 15 minute grappling matches - Paulo Thiago vs Fitch comes to mind - brutally boring. Also' date=' when someone has ****ty ground defense and gets a rear naked sunk in after 30 seconds on the ground.. thats no fun[/quote']

Yeah but to be honest to understand the ground makes those fights more interesting, Lay and Pray are boring Brock vs Heath, but when someones bjj is good enough to beat a guy in 30 seconds I see no problem with that

if you're going to include the old UFC fights you might as well include all of the Pride fights because their rules more closely resemble the UFC of today than the rules did back then. AGAIN the fights didn't have time limits back then and they could dry **** each other on the ground for 30 minutes without being stood up. Of course those are going to be worse than anything else. Worst fight post Zuffa take over is Starnes Quarry.

No sh1t they didnt have time limits. Im not a noob or whatever.

And I clearly state worst UFC fight, meaning that Yes even UFC 1 can be included. I dont care about the Zuffa Take over or anything UFC is UFC wheather time limits or not

Why the hell is Shogun vs Coleman on this list. That fight was in my opinion one of the best fights last year. Sure they were exausted but it was never boring. It was back and forth all the time and I was on the edge of my seat all the time.

Seriously your list of the worst fights is actually pretty bad. Kos vs Rumble, Brock vs Herring were pretty good too. I can think of so many more boring fights...

shamrock vs severn 30 minutes of circling.... you think houston circling kimbo was bad oO then i beg you dont watch this fight. Kalib starnes running away? hell that was funny to a degree but doesnt come close to the shear put to sleep factor of shamrock vs severn. especially since there first fight lasted 2 minutes so vote for this fight and lets never talk about that horrible fight ever again.

Kalib-Quarry

This fight was awful but I have to give props to the Canadian fans for showing that they place their love for quality MMA above blind patriotism by throwing their support behind Quarry when it became obvious that Kalib wasn't in the fight. Quarry's Rocky IV speech afterward was funny enough to make up for the 15 minutes of sheer boredom.

Where is Kalib-Quarry or Tito-Matyushenko?

Yeah Kalib Starnes Vs. Nate Quarry is the worst fight for me. I try to respect different approaches in the Octagon and try not to hate a fighter soley because his style is boring. Especially if he consistently imposes his kind of fight consistently on his opponents I can deduce that skill is involved. But watching a fighter who is not willing to fight for 3 rounds makes me sick. I guess I'd prefer to be bored than irritated by a fighter.

I wanted to shoot Starnes in the leg just so Nate could land one on him.

Yeah Kalib Starnes Vs. Nate Quarry is the worst fight for me. I try to respect different approaches in the Octagon and try not to hate a fighter soley because his style is boring. Especially if he consistently imposes his kind of fight consistently on his opponents I can deduce that skill is involved. But watching a fighter who is not willing to fight for 3 rounds makes me sick. I guess I'd prefer to be bored than irritated by a fighter.

I wanted to shoot Starnes in the leg just so Nate could land one on him.

Agreed, but I did hear an interview with Starnes after and he said he didn't know what went wrong he just couldn't find his range or his rhythm and he just couldn't pull the trigger and engage. He said that it happens sometimes where the fight starts and your opponent doesn't behave the way you expected and trained for and it just completely throws you off and you cant pull it together. He sounded really disappointed and disgusted with himself and I actually felt sorry for him.

Agreed' date=' but I did hear an interview with Starnes after and he said he didn't know what went wrong he just couldn't find his range or his rhythm and he just couldn't pull the trigger and engage. He said that it happens sometimes where the fight starts and your opponent doesn't behave the way you expected and trained for and it just completely throws you off and you cant pull it together. He sounded really disappointed and disgusted with himself and I actually felt sorry for him.[/quote']

No one wants the "worst fight" prize but he earned it. I can buy that something went wrong and he couldn't get it together but he had 3 rounds to try. I only feel sorry that he'll take flack the rest of his life for a mental lapse in his prime years.

Archived