Forrest Vs Lil Nog

KTASlexii

113 is stacked! This will be a great fight' date=' Rogerio will probably win, he looked outstanding in his last fight.[/quote']

Yea, the card is superstacked Lyoto and Rua.

Semtex and Kos

Griffin and lil Nog

Belcher and Cote

Stephens and Stout

And there is more fights including kimbo, mittrione, marcus davis..

Lil Nog FTW

I don't see Forrest in any kind of trouble as far as his career is concerned. Not yet anyway. Dana has too much invested in him.

maybe but as far as his fights have been i dont see him returning to his fame in the fans eyes i see a series of losses as long as he doest get any bones thrown to him

maybe but as far as his fights have been i dont see him returning to his fame in the fans eyes i see a series of losses as long as he doest get any bones thrown to him

I'm going to disagree with that, I feel that forrest is a good fighter with the heart of a lion, there is no breaking that man... I doubt he'll ever give up and I deffinately admire him for his heart. That being said the LHW division is a really tough division and I don't think that any easy fights will be given to him anytime soon which is a good thing of course as now we can see what he's made of.

okay....this is funny, because forrest is clearly a better Mixed martial artist then little nog. alot of people said forrest would get overwelmed by shogun, shogun got destroyed. along with rampage. along with stephen bonnar....twice. forrest will win this fight IF it is to happen.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10585&zoneid=2

The card for the UFC's return to Montreal just got another major addition. Light heavyweights Forrest Griffin and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira have agreed to meet at the May 8 event in a match-up between two top ranked 205-pounders.

The bout was initially reported by Tatame.com. Independent sources confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday.

Nogueira (18-3) made a big impact in his UFC debut, knocking out fellow Brazilian Luis Cane with strikes in under two minutes back in November 2009.

The former Pride competitor has won his last six fights in a row, and is looking to get into title contention when he faces Griffin in May.

Following a disappointing performance in his August 2009 fight against Anderson Silva, Griffin (17-6) returned to form, earning a split decision win over old foe Tito Ortiz in November.

A mainstay of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Griffin is 3-2 in his last five fights with his only other loss coming being a TKO to former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans in late 2008.

The fight between Nogueira and Griffin will be one of the headline fights at UFC 113 to go along with the light heavyvweight title rematch between Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, as well as a welterweight showdown pitting Paul Daley against Josh Koscheck.

okay....this is funny' date=' because forrest is clearly a better Mixed martial artist then little nog. alot of people said forrest would get overwelmed by shogun, shogun got destroyed. along with rampage. along with stephen bonnar....twice. forrest will win this fight IF it is to happen.[/quote']

After the fight with A. Silva Forrest has been getting dissed back and forth. He needs to prove himself again and this fight is his shot to redeem himself however I think lil nog will take it.

Returning to fame in the fans eyes? Just cause he has a few losses doesn't mean he's lost any fame. He's Forrest Griffin lol

I'm a huge Forrest fan, and I hope his corner steers him in the right direction this fight. The advantage Forrest has over almost every other LHW out there is size and strength. He should NOT stand and trade punches with Nog. He needs to stay away, use his leg kicks, and shoot for take downs. Get some GnP in. If he trades punches, I can see it ending poorly for Griffin.

okay....this is funny' date=' because forrest is clearly a better Mixed martial artist then little nog. alot of people said forrest would get overwelmed by shogun, shogun got destroyed. along with rampage. along with stephen bonnar....twice. forrest will win this fight IF it is to happen.[/quote']

Rampage got distroyed ? You must've only watched the decision. Don't you ever go to a decision with Forrest.

Shogun had a ****ing bad knee. I doubt Forrest would beat Shogun know. Legit win nontheless

Bonnar: Yep...

I'm not saying Forrest is a bad fighter, but he isn't top caliber. He is a LHW Diego Sanchez if you will, heart chin and a bit of everything (ground, stand up etc).

The thing is ground-wise I can see Lil Nog taking the fight. Stand Up, Lil Nog has Olympic level boxing but Forrest is a smart kickboxer. Forrest is a big dude for LHW, has great strenght. Keep distance, be smart and take it to a decision.

I think it'll be an excellent war. Alot of people underestimate Forrest and all that hes done. Do you realize just over a year ago that Forrest was the champion in the toughest division in the UFC. And also, regardless of how this fight goes down, Griffin will still be the fan favorite. Hes a natural Cash Crop

I hope that regardless of the result Forrest puts in a good showing, he did fight Shogun at the right time and probably would get beaten in a rematch which may well come around should Machida win their rematch.

He has a lot of work to do to put the display against Silva out of peoples minds but as i've said before i believe from reading his book he had already lost that fight years before it happened.

I think it'll be an excellent war. Alot of people underestimate Forrest and all that hes done. Do you realize just over a year ago that Forrest was the champion in the toughest division in the UFC. And also' date=' regardless of how this fight goes down, Griffin will still be the fan favorite. Hes a natural Cash Crop[/quote']

He is not a fan favorite.

At least not in my eyes. And seems that a lot more people think like me.

Forrest is two fights away from getting kicked out of the UFC. Wait and see.

forrest is garbage jus a big athletic guy wit no true sense of martial arts or combat n general, i will say he trains hard but that wont cut it against real fighters. on another note id rather semtex fight rumble or alves kos will prolly jus take him down n pound out a tko, thoughts?

He is not a fan favorite.

At least not in my eyes. And seems that a lot more people think like me.

Forrest is two fights away from getting kicked out of the UFC. Wait and see.

Since when do more people agree with you about this? Obviously you've been watching UFC since August. He will not ever get kicked out of the UFC just like Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes will never get kicked out of the UFC. Everyone still loves him and I can see him getting a title shot if he wins this match which I think he will.

forrest is garbage jus a big athletic guy wit no true sense of martial arts or combat n general' date=' i will say he trains hard but that wont cut it against real fighters. on another note id rather semtex fight rumble or alves kos will prolly jus take him down n pound out a tko, thoughts?[/quote']

maybe Forrest thinks you're garbage

forrest is garbage jus a big athletic guy wit no true sense of martial arts or combat n general' date=' i will say he trains hard but that wont cut it against real fighters. on another note id rather semtex fight rumble or alves kos will prolly jus take him down n pound out a tko, thoughts?[/quote']

Of course, thank you for putting this in perspective. Perfect wording, thank you, it's not like Forrest was ever a champion or anything...oh wait...

I kinda feel sorry for Forrest on this one.

This is not the opponent for him to re-establish his status as a top LHW against. Lil Nog is a monster and should beat Griffin handily, though I think Forrest can at least make it interesting.

I've never seen a guy with quality wins over quality opponents (Rampage/Shogun/Tito) given so much crap as being "garbage" in MMA.

Forrest has good capabilities and great heart, and he always comes to fight. He does have a shot at beating Lil Nog, but it is slight given Nog's skill. Under the right circumstances I could see Forrest regaining a championship, but defending past one fight will be tough for him to do, especially in today's UFC LHW division.

But he will always be a fan favorite, and a big draw. So he will always have a home in the UFC. He is one of those guys that you know if he is able to put it all together on one night at the right time he could beat anyone, consistancy is his undoing.

i think forrest could win in a weight cutting competition, a tail of the tape, but not mma only if it went to the boxing judges, forrest is that guy who acts like any normal joe could jus train hard n b like mike, i find that insulting to guys who train their whole lifes to b great at something, you cant sell me forrest as a great fighter no matter how many times he's on spike tv or a ufc card. i just dont like what he stands for as a fighter.

i think forrest could win in a weight cutting competition' date=' a tail of the tape, but not mma only if it went to the boxing judges, forrest is that guy who acts like any normal joe could jus train hard n b like mike, i find that insulting to guys who train their whole lifes to b great at something, you cant sell me forrest as a great fighter no matter how many times he's on spike tv or a ufc card. i just dont like what he stands for as a fighter.[/quote']

Forrest has been training for about 11-12 years, and worked his way up through some lesser productions. Are you saying you need to go from diaper to gi in order to be a serious fighter?

Archived