Manager Says Anderson Silva Not Retiring Anytime Soon

Xytras

Ed Soares talks to MMAWeekly.com about Anderson Silva:

"I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible. I think Anderson's got a good two, three years probably. He's got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more. He doesn't take too much damage, and the fact that he doesn't take damage in the fights, it's really more or less the training."

"I believe the last fights of his career will definitely be big fights. That's what he wants, to have the big fights, regardless of what the weight is. Whether it's at light heavyweight, whether it's at heavyweight, whether it's at a catchweight, doesn't make a different. He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together."

Gee, another 2-3 years? If Silva beats Belfort, Dana really will start scratching his head to find him worthy opponents for another 6-9 fights. Not that I mind Silva though.

I don't know, I think he has a pretty great line of opponents ahead of him. If he can get through Vitor, then I think that Marquardt's going to be the next big one for him(I want this rematch bad). I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between him and Hendo depending on how Henderson handles himself in Strikeforce also. At light heavyweight, Rampage seems like an interesting matchup. At heavyweight I'd love to see a match between him and Dos Santos.

Don't forget about the possibility of a catchweight fight between him and GSP either, that would be the "biggest" fight he could possibly get right now I think.

Ed Soares talks to MMAWeekly.com about Anderson Silva:

"I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible. I think Anderson's got a good two' date=' three years probably. He's got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more. He doesn't take too much damage, and the fact that he doesn't take damage in the fights, it's really more or less the training."

"I believe the last fights of his career will definitely be big fights. That's what he wants, to have the big fights, regardless of what the weight is. Whether it's at light heavyweight, whether it's at heavyweight, whether it's at a catchweight, doesn't make a different. He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together."

Gee, another 2-3 years? If Silva beats Belfort, Dana really will start scratching his head to find him worthy opponents for another 6-9 fights. Not that I mind Silva though.[/quote']

Silva will deliver in all his fights. I can't wait to see the challenges he gets.

Rampage

Shogun

GSP

Marquardt

Henderson (if he ever comes back)

Bones Jones (2-3 years from now)

Dos Santos

Mir

Mousassi (if he ever comes)

These are all pretty good match-ups for Anderson. I think that if he stayed another 2-3 without injury, the UFC could very well put on 7-8 really good fights with this guy.

even though i dislike silva I am glad to hear he will fight because if he is the best in the world then he needs to be champ.

FYI he is the UFC MW champ...... This is great news.... Anderson is the most exciting fighter in the UFC IMO... Glad to see he isnt gonna hang it up to go box roy jones.... Hopefully we will get to see some great matchups

FYI he is the UFC MW champ...... This is great news.... Anderson is the most exciting fighter in the UFC IMO... Glad to see he isnt gonna hang it up to go box roy jones.... Hopefully we will get to see some great matchups

how could you say this after the cote, leites and griffin fight ?

sure griffin got knocked out which is pretty cool because griffin is a ******, but it wasn't the most exciting imo.

Don't forget about the possibility of a catchweight fight between him and GSP either' date=' that would be the "biggest" fight he could possibly get right now I think.[/quote']

Woah there slugger. I believe this is the point Anderson Silva decides to call it a career. Co-incidence? I think not. Probably checked with GSP's camp and did the math as to when GSP would be available, then decided he could go on a little longer than first anticipated.

Woah there slugger. I believe this is the point Anderson Silva decides to call it a career. Co-incidence? I think not. Probably checked with GSP's camp and did the math as to when GSP would be available' date=' then decided he could go on a little longer than first anticipated.[/quote']

You crazy canaidians...... You guys must have some good **** up there

Let him fight:

1. Randy Couture

2. Chuck Liddell

3. Marquarte

4. Vitor

5. GSP

6. Shogun

7. Travis Lutter

8. MIR and some of the top heavyweights

9. Let BJ go up to 185 lbs.

..lol he would get schooled!

10. Vera

11. John Jones

He has plenty of fights out there with that statement being made.......but he is looking past Vitor and Marquarte.....he has his hands full with those 2 fighters in his own weight class.

Jon Jones and Mousasi would be the best possible fights for him (Silva) right now. GSP vs. Anderson Silva would sell a tonne of PPV's, but as much as I like GSP, I think he'd lose. If it were at 185, I think Nate would be his best match, but I think Silva would win again.

I've watched every professional fight Silva's ever had, inside the UFC, and outside the UFC as well, and in his 4 losses, he never appeared to take much punishment, and was dominant in all of them except against Azeredo. In his fight against 160lb Luiz Azeredo, he was amazing on his feet, but obviously spent too much time on his back. If he had been the champ back then, the decision probably would have gone his way. It was not convincing enough to take his title (if he were champ) (Like Machida / Shogun type of decision). Azeredo did the "Lay-and-pray", and pray he did!!! He (Azeredo) was getting spanked on his feet. I just looked on LowKick.com and the video has been removed. Anyone know where I can find it? Wait, found it, (turn the volume off, it's awful).

The video doesn't show the last little bit where they stand-up and Silva pounds him a little more on their feet, looking like a possible shift in the decision, but it didn't happen.

It's worth noting that Silva has fought at 167lbs as a full-grown adult.

I would have thought Machida / Silva would be great, but after watching Shogun dismantle him..... ummmmm, I'm pretty sure Machida would get his butt kicked. I just don't like how ****y Silva can be in the ring. He's good, but the taunting is condescending, and very disrespectful. The worst was when he was offering to help Patrick Cote get up off the ground.

Perhaps' date=' but I cant picture any scenario where Vitor wins.... I think Spider will keep him at bay with his reach advantage...Vitor is no joke and a tough opponent but I see spideys hand being raised[/quote']

Just remember Vitor will be his best challenge to date.

Let him fight:

1. Randy Couture

2. Chuck Liddell

3. Marquarte

4. Vitor

5. GSP

6. Shogun

7. Travis Lutter

8. MIR and some of the top heavyweights

9. Let BJ go up to 185 lbs.

..lol he would get schooled!

10. Vera

11. John Jones

He has plenty of fights out there with that statement being made.......but he is looking past Vitor and Marquarte.....he has his hands full with those 2 fighters in his own weight class.

There's no way in Hell Silva fights in HW.

Woah there slugger. I believe this is the point Anderson Silva decides to call it a career. Co-incidence? I think not. Probably checked with GSP's camp and did the math as to when GSP would be available' date=' then decided he could go on a little longer than first anticipated.[/quote']

I've got the same impression as well. Hats off to a guy who wants to call it a day with a major BANG!

I would like to see him fight these guys......

Shogun

GSP

Rampage

Machida--I know it will never happen!

Evans--he deserves to be KTFO a couple more times IMO

Wandy

Marquardt

Belfort

I Dont know about the HW division. I have seen a lot of threads on this recently but I dont think anyone would complain about any of these match ups.

WAR SILVA!!!!!!!

Archived