If you want to See GSP vs. Anderson Silva Vote here!!!!

tuf1_

DREAMUFC.jpg

silvgds.jpg

Poll coming soon!

This is an Idea started by Technique and I which I hope will catch on. If enough people want to see this fight the UFC will have more incentive to make it happen. Also if you have any other ideas for fights that need to happen start a poll. Hopefully this will catch on.

The idea is to just vote. If you have a lot of friends that normally watch the events with you but don't have an account then post +whatever number you have. It's a small sample size compared to the number of casual fans out there but if a huge proportion of diehard fans want to see this fight it will translate. The build up show will be enormous. It would be up to the UFC to reach the rest of the fans but i feel this would be fairly easy.

If this poll inflates to what I hope it will we may see results

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poll coming soon!

This is an Idea started by TUF1 which I hope will catch on. If enough people want to see this fight the UFC will have more incentive to make it happen. Also if you have any other ideas for fights that need to happen start a poll. Hopefully this will catch on.

The idea is to just vote. If you have a lot of friends that normally watch the events with you but don't have an account then post +whatever number you have. It's a small sample size compared to the number of casual fans out there but if a huge proportion of diehard fans want to see this fight it will translate. The build up show will be enormous. It would be up to the UFC to reach the rest of the fans but i feel this would be fairly easy.

If this poll inflates to what I hope it will we may see results.

I'd love to see anyone beat Silva but I don't think GSP has what it takes mainly because I question his ability to take shots from A. Silva which will be inevitable in this fight. I keep hearing talks of GSP putting on the weight but I don't know if it'll be enough to take down Silva and keep him there which imho is the key for GSP winning a fight with Anderson. I'm tired of watching Anderson get fed fights he should win so I voted no.

I don't know how any UFC fan couldn't want to see this fight. I think it's the MMA equivalent of Mayweather/Pac right now. I just think it would be cool to actually use this forum for something to us MMA fans benefit.

Actually your wrong, it's not Mayweather/ Pacquiao right now - This fight would be

Muhammed Ali in his prime vs. Mike Tyson in his prime x10

Does this even really need to be said anymore?

I'm sure Dana knows that fans want to see GSP vs Anderson Silva more than any other matchup in the UFC.

I think the majority of the fans def want to see this fight. But if we continue to demand it maybe it will have an effect. It's the difference between making something happen and not.

Just to let you know you're not a mod and I've been aware of the rules a little longer than you. If it becomes a problem to the mods and the administrators than it will only have a greater affect.

a little longer than me? how so? lol

I know I'm not a mod. I'm just letting you know so you don't get banned for anything stupid.

If it becomes a problem it's going to get dealt with, not have greater effects lol

I'd love to see anyone beat Silva but I don't think GSP has what it takes mainly because I question his ability to take shots from A. Silva which will be inevitable in this fight. I keep hearing talks of GSP putting on the weight but I don't know if it'll be enough to take down Silva and keep him there which imho is the key for GSP winning a fight with Anderson. I'm tired of watching Anderson get fed fights he should win so I voted no.

But even though you voted no I have no doubt that you would pay to see this fight. Am I wrong?

No... any intelligent fan would want to see GSP prove himself against a top MW first (like Silva has done at LHW). Obviously he's outmatched against Silva, to think otherwise is illogical.

Silva is undefeated in the UFC at MW & LHW

GSP is not undefeated in the UFC at WW.

I can't think of any opponent that GSP has beaten that A. Silva couldn't beat.

I seriously doubt that GSP could beat some of the opponents A. Silva has beaten (Marquardt, Henderson, Franklin)

end.

I wanna see this happen. I actually think GSP has a Great chance of beating Silva. GSP has the best wrestling in the UFC and Anderson has shown that he doesnt have his takedown defence too sharp. Hendo beat him down in the 1st round, Lutter brought him down at will (he got his **** handed to him, but he still brought him down at will), Nate brought him down too. All im saying is, dont count GSP out. Hes obviously 1 of the best in the world for a reason and he ALWAYS gets better every fight. ALWAYS.

No... any intelligent fan would want to see GSP prove himself against a top MW first (like Silva has done at LHW). Obviously he's outmatched against Silva' date=' to think otherwise is illogical.

Silva is undefeated in the UFC at MW & LHW

GSP is not undefeated in the UFC at WW.

I can't think of any opponent that GSP has beaten that A. Silva couldn't beat.

I seriously doubt that GSP could beat some of the opponents A. Silva has beaten [b'](Marquardt, Henderson, Franklin)[/b]

end.

Wrong. GSP would beat every one of them, throw in Forrest and Irvin too. There is a reason GSP is considered one of the top 3 P4P's in world and those others aren't. He is getting huge for a WW now and MW is 3 title defenses away. Ask Marquardt if GSP can beat him, lol. He can and does. GSP will TD Silva with ease, so a stand up war aint gonna happen. Then we will see what happens.

Sign me up for the fight of the century.

Not sure how you could say that. Lutter gave Silva fits until he gassed and made a mistake. Hendo gave Silva trouble too. Tell me Belfort is more deserving or challenging than GSP.

Belfort is... he beat soundly a common, former MW champ (weight-appropriate) opponent in Rich Franklin who seriously would destroy GSP.

GSP is a WW... talk about opponents giving fits and losing after gasing out HELLO LW BJ PENN's 1st fight BJ was destroying GSP until he gassed! MATT SERRA's STRIKING TKO'ed him, and Hughes submitted him.

I'm sorry but Penn, Hughes, and Serra are no match for Hendo, Franklin, and Marquardt, even Lutter!

You should be beaten' date=' tarred and feathered :mad:[/quote']

Let me pose another question. Would you want to see A. Silva fight GSP which I think you'd agree Silva has a pretty good chance at winning or would you rather see him face a Rampage, Shogun, Machida? If you think GSP has more chance than the three LHWs I just listed don't bother to respond.

Is it not exciting for a dominant fighter to face a more significant challenge then a less significant challenge? That's the only reason I voted no.

LOL

GSP or Silva fanboys afraid of seeing their boyfriend get beat by the other is the only way I can make sense of it.

Hey, that's no excuse! I'm a "fanboy" of both so it's doubly hard for me since I don't want to see either lose. Part of me hopes they meet in the middle of the octagon and just decide to lay down and cuddle for 25 minutes so it's declared a draw :)

It'd be the end of GSP... It'd look alot like Penn vs. Stevenson did, except GSP would be a bloody mess and Anderson would be choking him out, or beating him down.

I think GSP is actually a bad match for him, but they're both champs so it's gotta happen... Griffin was a better matchup than GSP.

I say Silva would either KO GSP right in the first couple of minutes, or GSP would manage to wrestle it to the ground and Anderson would submit him.

Belfort is... he beat soundly a common' date=' former MW champ (weight-appropriate) opponent in Rich Franklin who seriously would destroy GSP.

GSP is a WW... talk about opponents giving fits and losing after gasing out HELLO LW BJ PENN's 1st fight BJ was destroying GSP until he gassed! MATT SERRA's STRIKING TKO'ed him, and Hughes submitted him.

I'm sorry but Penn, Hughes, and Serra are no match for Hendo, Franklin, and Marquardt, even Lutter![/quote']

are you saying Franklin would destroy GSP?

Let me pose another question. Would you want to see A. Silva fight GSP which I think you'd agree Silva has a pretty good chance at winning or would you rather see him face a Rampage' date=' Shogun, Machida? If you think GSP has more chance than the three LHWs I just listed don't bother to respond.

Is it not exciting for a dominant fighter to face a more significant challenge then a less significant challenge? That's the only reason I voted no.[/quote']

Anderson and GSP are my two favorite fighters and I constantly waver back and forth on who I believe would win. Mostly I lean towards Silva because he's just been so damn dominant and his striking is phenomenal...but then I think of how easily he's allowed himself to be taken down and we all know that's been St. Pierre's most effective weapon. It's not at all inconceivable to me that GSP could put Silva on his back, control him and GnP him for the win. Oddly enough I just don't see Rampage or Shogun being able to do that to Silva and both he and Machida have stated they will not fight each other. So yes, I would rather see GSP vs A. Silva over the other fights you mentioned. But that doesn't mean those fights still can't happen...just because Silva's contract is coming to a close doesn't mean he'll necessarily retire or leave. I think he'll resign don't you?

Anderson and GSP are my two favorite fighters and I constantly waver back and forth on who I believe would win. Mostly I lean towards Silva because he's just been so damn dominant and his striking is phenomenal...but then I think of how easily he's allowed himself to be taken down and we all know that's been St. Pierre's most effective weapon. It's not at all inconceivable to me that GSP could put Silva on his back' date=' control him and GnP him for the win. Oddly enough I just don't see Rampage or Shogun being able to do that to Silva and both he and Machida have stated they will not fight each other. So yes, I would rather see GSP vs A. Silva over the other fights you mentioned. But that doesn't mean those fights still can't happen...just because Silva's contract is coming to a close doesn't mean he'll necessarily retire or leave. I think he'll resign don't you?[/quote']

Nicely Said!!.

If Silva beat Hendo on the ground GSP doesn't stand a chance....

The end.

I'm sorry but I disagree, GSP's wrestling has proven superior to Henderson's. Pedigree aside St. Pierre has worked so hard at developing that aspect of his game that there isn't anyone currently fighting right now who uses MMA adapted wrestling better.

Belfort is... he beat soundly a common' date=' former MW champ (weight-appropriate) opponent in Rich Franklin who seriously would destroy GSP.

I'm sorry but Penn, Hughes, and Serra are no match for Hendo, Franklin, and Marquardt, even Lutter![/quote']

Okay 1st off about BJ, he won the 1st round, yea he did damage to GSP, but after that round GSP turned it up a few notches and ended up beating Penn. Yeah u say he lost cuz he gassed, but thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and 1 of the BEST in the WORLD. Although i do think BJ is 1 of the best too, just not as good as GSP.

2nd. Yeah GSP lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes a lil while back, but look at Anderson Silva. He lost to NO NAMES. 3 of the losses were of No Name fighters and 1 was a DQ. GSP lost to guys with big names who are really good fighters and Matt Hughes (like him or not) is a legend of the sport.

As far as Hendo, Franklin, and Lutter goes.. GSP would still beat them. They arent in the p4p best in the world running are they? And Marquardt is GSP's training partner but im sure he can beat him too.

Thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and a P4P CHAMPION.

Okay 1st off about BJ' date=' he won the 1st round, yea he did damage to GSP, but after that round GSP turned it up a few notches and ended up beating Penn. Yeah u say he lost cuz he gassed, but thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and 1 of the BEST in the WORLD. Although i do think BJ is 1 of the best too, just not as good as GSP.

2nd. Yeah GSP lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes a lil while back, but look at Anderson Silva. He lost to NO NAMES. 3 of the losses were of No Name fighters and 1 was a DQ. GSP lost to guys with big names who are really good fighters and Matt Hughes (like him or not) is a legend of the sport.

As far as Hendo, Franklin, and Lutter goes.. GSP would still beat them. They arent in the p4p best in the world running are they? And Marquardt is GSP's training partner but im sure he can beat him too.

Thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and a P4P CHAMPION.[/quote']

I have to agree. GSP lost the first round to BJ due to an Eye poke and subsequent uppercut. Not taking anything away from BJ but that's the truth. GSP has vastly improved since his losses and I do believe his Wrestling for MMA purposes anyways is better than Hendos. Especially at this stage in GSP's career.

Okay 1st off about BJ' date=' he won the 1st round, yea he did damage to GSP, but after that round GSP turned it up a few notches and ended up beating Penn. Yeah u say he lost cuz he gassed, but thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and 1 of the BEST in the WORLD. Although i do think BJ is 1 of the best too, just not as good as GSP.

Thats the difference between a GREAT fighter and a P4P CHAMPION.[/quote']

Very well said.

Anderson and GSP are my two favorite fighters and I constantly waver back and forth on who I believe would win. Mostly I lean towards Silva because he's just been so damn dominant and his striking is phenomenal...but then I think of how easily he's allowed himself to be taken down and we all know that's been St. Pierre's most effective weapon. It's not at all inconceivable to me that GSP could put Silva on his back' date=' control him and GnP him for the win. Oddly enough I just don't see Rampage or Shogun being able to do that to Silva and both he and Machida have stated they will not fight each other. So yes, I would rather see GSP vs A. Silva over the other fights you mentioned. But that doesn't mean those fights still can't happen...just because Silva's contract is coming to a close doesn't mean he'll necessarily retire or leave. I think he'll resign don't you?[/quote']

I see the precision in Silva's striking posing a problem for GSP which is why i'm in no big hurry to see this fight. GSP does not have a granite chin. He has a good chin but it's not granite. As i've already stated i'd pay to see this and it would be interesting but i'd rather watch him move up the LHW ladder than fight an opponent in the ww division even as good as GSP is. Rampage controled Henderson, alot of people seem to forget that. If rampage is smart enough to train take downs he wins the fight aginst silva given Rampage has more power in his strikes and just all around posses more power. Further, Rampage will be able to weather strikes from Silva which I don't see GSP doing.

Shogun's striking is pretty good and given what I saw against Machida he may be able to get the job done standing.

I have no comment on the friend's not fighting friends factor with Machida and Silva.

I'm not certain of what Silva would do but with the ease he's been going through opponents if he's fed a few more easy vitories or even only moderately difficult victories he's gone. I could see a loss for Silva being a great thing for his fans and the sport as I think it would ignite a new competative side to him!

LMAO. He's avenged all of his losses in dominant fashion so what does that tell you. He's beaten Penn and Hughes twice. Alvez is the biggest WW in the division and GSP handled him so you can't tell me the weight would be that much of a factor. And look at who Silva has been beaten by compared to GSP if you're going to make that argument. Silva losses - Takasi' date=' Chonan, and Azerdedo; compared to GSP losing to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.[/quote']

Hahahah i just read this. I posted something similar like that. Great minds think alike.

Archived