knee braces i mma

rago1986

I'm thinking about training i mma nothing serious just weekends if i get a fight one day that's great but i shatterd my knee cap in a car crash a year ago and its fully healed and it doesn't cause me any pain but i can't put all my weight on that knee and shooting in and landing on my knee would be a problem does anyone know what if any knee braces are aloud and any recommended manufacturers or should i get one made for me, Thanks

I would have sworn I've seen guys wearing knee braces in the UFC. Was it allowed in the past? Maybe I'm thinking of PRIDE?

Anyway, I've made a point of wearing a knee brace ever since I got hurt playing football in high school and always thought it was a little odd whenever I saw a fighter wearing one. For one thing it advertises a weakness, doesn't it? And knee braces also only offer a small measure of support, don't they?

I'm thinking about training i mma nothing serious just weekends if i get a fight one day that's great but i shatterd my knee cap in a car crash a year ago and its fully healed and it doesn't cause me any pain but i can't put all my weight on that knee and shooting in and landing on my knee would be a problem does anyone know what if any knee braces are aloud and any recommended manufacturers or should i get one made for me' date=' Thanks[/quote']

your sig made me giggle. I am not sure on the knee brace rule, but I know you can wrap your knee very well. Some fighters will tape their right ankle and left knee to produce more friction to land triangles easier. If I were you I would do that so people dont see it as a weakness and go for a instant knee bar or something.

your sig made me giggle. I am not sure on the knee brace rule' date=' but I know you can wrap your knee very well. Some fighters will tape their right ankle and left knee to produce more friction to land triangles easier. If I were you I would do that so people dont see it as a weakness and go for a instant knee bar or something.[/quote']

There is no hiding my my scar i will up a pic in a min

no not a forrest/steve austin basically my knee cap is in 3 pieces and i can't put my weight on it on a hard floor or banging on floor .ect' date=' i dont have problem with bending my knee just my cap[/quote']Oh, I see. Most people wear knee braces because they stretched a ligament at some point (and once they're stretched, ligaments stay stretched).

Can't you get your knee cap replaced? Unless and until you do, I'd say your circumstances are unique. Maybe you could have an exception made, somehow?

Anyway, unless Mir broke the rules, the UFC does allow certain knee braces to be worn.

Archived