195 lb division

Mouzone

I have been lurking through the forums for a while now and searched the forums for a answer but I wasn't successful.

Why dosen't the UFC start a 195lb division? There are plenty of fighters and having more title matches is never a bad thing. Is there some kind of regulation that will not allow them to start another division even if they wanted to?

There is more to say about it but I'll leave that up to you.

Not a fan of a 195lb division, but Dana Certainly is! He has hinted at wanting to start this division previously, and it could include some great fights and fighters.

I however think the divisions should be split a little differently starting at LHW

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

Super HW 226-265

Not a fan of a 195lb division' date=' but Dana Certainly is! He has hinted at wanting to start this division previously, and it could include some great fights and fighters.

I however think the divisions should be split a little differently starting at LHW

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

Super HW 226-265[/quote']

Yeah me too.

Even though i can see definite advantages to a 195 weight class i also feel it would be full of fighters who had tried and failed to make it to the top of the MW & LHW divisions who would then always be tainted as the guys who couldnt make it against the better fighters. Just my opinion though.

Plus i think Anderson Silva would end up dominating it anyway if it took his fancy. Just my opinion though.

Not a fan of a 195lb division' date=' but Dana Certainly is! He has hinted at wanting to start this division previously, and it could include some great fights and fighters.

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

What HW do you know that fights between 201-225

Randy fought at 225 unless im mistaken

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

Yeah me too.

+ 3

just need to change the top a little' date=' get rid of 205 and go 210, 240 , 275

i also think, even though all you wrestlers will disagree, you should have to make weight durring the pre fight talk with the ref the night of the fight.[/quote']

That is a bad Idea because weight cutting in itself is a sport... meaning you have to fight just to cut the weight and if you have to make weight the night of the fight it will leave the fighter drained and is a potential health hazard

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

Agreed 100%. Too big of a gap at HW.

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

this but no capping the super heavyweight 265

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

i think a Cruiser weight division should be added. (206lbs - 230lbs) roughly what u are trying to describe as your HW division.

after more thought i still feel that this division is EASILY the most needed, however i also think it is highly unlikely. i say this because of the UFC. what is the UFCs baby??? it is the LHW division. thats where all of the UFCs main stars fight/fought (Couture, Ortiz, Liddell, Evans, Griffin, Rampage, etc...). it has always been there main squeeze. with that in mind, u have to realize that fighters do not like cutting weight and still want to be champion. a Cruiser weight division would be great for those fighters like Kongo, Cain, Cro Cop, etc... who, though are very talented, could still fall victim to the larger HWs due to lack of size and strength/capacity. however, a Cruiser weight division would be KILLER to the LHW division. especially to fighters who want NO PART of Machida or Shogun. fighters like Rampage, Ortiz, Couture, and i am sure many others would feel that it would suit them better to try to be champ in that division rather then LHW. plus they will have to cut less weight making them slightly happier in that aspect (cuz if u have ever cut weight... u will no that it is no fun) and also allow them to focus on other aspects of their game. after all, i would love to see a Rampage/ Velasquez match.... but thats me.

so i think to everyone (including the UFC) a Cruiser weight division is the best and most suited for the sport.... but all the while bad for business for the UFC.

this is the reason the standard of decent boxers is becoming weak because instead of cutting the weight to a division they could probably make, they decide to settle for a division in between

i wouldnt mind a cruiserweight division above LHW due to the fact that lesnar can weigh almost 290 pounds on fight night, most heavyweights probably weigh no more than 250

x

That is a bad Idea because weight cutting in itself is a sport... meaning you have to fight just to cut the weight and if you have to make weight the night of the fight it will leave the fighter drained and is a potential health hazard

No it would just make fighters have to fight at a weight that is closer to their natural weight and one they could achieve through diet and not hours spent in a sauna wearing a trash bag.

not a fan of a 195lb division' date=' but dana certainly is! He has hinted at wanting to start this division previously, and it could include some great fights and fighters.

I however think the divisions should be split a little differently starting at lhw

lhw 186-200 lbs

hw 201-225 lbs and

super hw 226-265[/quote']

yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!:But I think LHW to 215,

HW should go to 240 and

SHW should not be capped

LHW 186-200 lbs

HW 201-225 lbs and

**claps hands slowly........ waits for rest of forum to join in.......... huge round of applause for the post of 2010 so far everyone**

Archived