title shots

sbowen

neither do i look at brock gave it to him pretty fast' date=' didnt have to do much for it[/quote']

Thats true....But Considering Couture was given a HW title shot in his first fight coming off a 2 fight losing streak in another weight class prior to retiring, I'd say the Tilt shot being given to Brock wasnt all that surprising....Plus, the UFC wanted to push Brock forward due to the ammount of money Brock was gererating for the UFC..Anderson Silva was given title Shot after only 1 fight in the UFC, and no one said anything about that.......HMMMMMM makes me wonder what peoples real motives for disliking Brock are.....

Thats true....But Considering Couture was given a HW title shot in his first fight coming off a 2 fight losing streak in another weight class prior to retiring' date=' I'd say the Tilt shot being given to Brock wasnt all that surprising....Plus, the UFC wanted to push Brock forward due to the ammount of money Brock was gererating for the UFC..Anderson Silva was given title Shot after only 1 fight in the UFC, and no one said anything about that.......HMMMMMM [b']makes me wonder what peoples real motives for disliking Brock are.[/b]....

Easy, former pro wrestler gone MMA fighter lol, of course he'll get no respect.

Heavy: The winner of Velasquez / Nogueira

Light Heavy: Winner of Rashad / Rampage

Middle: Winner of Marquardt / Sonnen

Welter: Winner of Fitch / Alves

Light: Florian if he wins' date=' Maynard, or Sherk. In my opinion, they will all lose.[/quote']

a very intelligent post. IMO the winner of Mir and Carwin deserves the shot. I think Rashad should get the shot if he wins but Rampage shouldn't get a shot if he won because he's been out for long. I guess it depends on his performance though. BJ won't get dethroned any time soon, but i'd like to see Frankie Edgar try.

Easy' date=' former pro wrestler gone MMA fighter lol, of course he'll get no respect.[/quote']

Exactly my point. No one seems to be bashing Bobby Lashley and he was also a former pro wrestler..Same with Ken Shamrock......Do people honestly think Brock ckose to be a professional wrestler because it was his dream? He did it because he was young and saw an opportunity to make a lot of money and gain some fame....Almost anyone on this forum would accept an offer from wwe to make the kind of money Brock made....Prior to his UFC 100 post fight antics, people had no Legit reason to bash him, and so at UFC 100, Brock decided to give the fans who wanted to hate him a damn good reason to hate him......Everyone hated Tim Sylvia, and that all Tim Sylvia ever tried to do was gain the respect of the fans, but I guess that was too much to ask.....

Thats true....But Considering Couture was given a HW title shot in his first fight coming off a 2 fight losing streak in another weight class prior to retiring' date=' I'd say the Tilt shot being given to Brock wasnt all that surprising....Plus, the UFC wanted to push Brock forward due to the ammount of money Brock was gererating for the UFC..Anderson Silva was given title Shot after only 1 fight in the UFC, and no one said anything about that.......HMMMMMM makes me wonder what peoples real motives for disliking Brock are.....[/quote']

First off I don't dislike Brock at all but....

Silva had a 15-4 record before stepping foot in the UFC. In his first fight he demolished a guy that had shown he had a concrete chin and was on a 6 fight win streak.

Leser had 1 pro fight pre ufc, lost to Mir, took Herring to a decision and got a title shot.

Apples and oranges.

Also a LOT of people had things to say at the time about Silva jumping forward to a title fight after 1 UFC win.

First off I don't dislike Brock at all but....

Silva had a 15-4 record before stepping foot in the UFC. In his first fight he demolished a guy that had shown he had a concrete chin and was on a 6 fight win streak.

Leser had 1 pro fight pre ufc' date=' lost to Mir, took Herring to a decision and got a title shot.

Apples and oranges.

Also a LOT of people had things to say at the time about Silva jumping forward to a title fight after 1 UFC win.[/quote']

You beat me to it, lol

Archived