Gomi: "I will beat Florian by first round KO"

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=gomi-i-will-beat-florian-by-first-round-ko

Takanori Gomi says he will beat Kenny Florian ?by first round knockout? when they meet in the UFC Octagon in the near future. As first reported by Fighters Only and subsequently confirmed by Florian on MMA Live, the fight is being lined up to headline UFC Fight Night 21 on March 31st.

Gomi must be drunk or something. I really hope he doesnt believe his statement or its going to be an even shorter night for him than expected

Of course he believes it and he should. Fighters need to have extreme confidence how else would they be able to step in the cage.

I actually thought he was very respectful. I laughed because everybody was Mr.

Of course he believes it and he should. Fighters need to have extreme confidence how else would they be able to step in the cage.

I actually thought he was very respectful. I laughed because everybody was Mr.

Theres nothing wrong with confidence but hes talkin out of his a s s now

I think this will be a decision. I am not counting Gomi out at all' date=' he could win it but it depends on how well prepared he is.

Points that go against Gomi:

1. Ring rust

2. UFC Debut

3. Florian has grown into a very good fighter[/quote']

I agree with this, he''s going to be too jittery with nerves the first fight, just ask a few other main names who were something in a differnt organization and they step in the octagon. I have no idea why good fighters say that type of hype up?, I know there's one thing about being confident, but you might want to make a few fans before slamming a very well liked guy, and then what do you say to backtrack if he knocks you out... just something about etiquette lol .

Wow some of you must have never seen Gomi fight. I dont think it'll be a RD 1 KO, but you guys are counting him out completely. Other than BJ, this will be KenFlo's toughest fight to date. Gomi isn't Guida or Huerta or even Sanchez, Lauzon, or Stevenson.I wanted him to fight Griffin honestly, but KenFlo will do. Don't count Gomi out just because you like KenFlo more, it's irrational and stupid. Either guy can win, but I don't see either one "tearing through," the other.

I'm not counting him out but 3 of his 5 losses are submission losses, and the other 2 are decisions. And seeing as how KenFlo and him tie in the stand up game, and Ken has submitted opponents before(5-6 of them), including ones of high calibur. I see him submitting gomi, or if not winning by split decision.

Wow some of you must have never seen Gomi fight. I dont think it'll be a RD 1 KO' date=' but you guys are counting him out completely. Other than BJ, this will be KenFlo's toughest fight to date. Gomi isn't Guida or Huerta or even Sanchez, Lauzon, or Stevenson.I wanted him to fight Griffin honestly, but KenFlo will do. Don't count Gomi out just because you like KenFlo more, it's irrational and stupid. Either guy can win, but I don't see either one "tearing through," the other.[/quote']

well said _sir +1

Kenflo' boxing looked sick against Guida' date=' Gomi will NOT be knocking Florian out.[/quote']

guida has horrible boxing anybody's boxing would look decent against him. Gomi quite possibly has the most powerful hands in the lightweight division and is quite capable of doing what he said. But florian is an excellent all around fighter and this should make for a good for and think its a great headliner for a fight night way better than the last one

I would like to see Gomi FTW' date=' but I just don't see any place where he can win the fight. If it goes to the ground I see Gomi getting submitted and if it stays standing up Florian can outstrike him.[/quote']

Your a smart kid i envy your mma knowledge

sarcasm <<<<<---------------------

Wow some of you must have never seen Gomi fight. I dont think it'll be a RD 1 KO' date=' but you guys are counting him out completely. Other than BJ, this will be KenFlo's toughest fight to date. Gomi isn't Guida or Huerta or even Sanchez, Lauzon, or Stevenson.I wanted him to fight Griffin honestly, but KenFlo will do. Don't count Gomi out just because you like KenFlo more, it's irrational and stupid. Either guy can win, but I don't see either one "tearing through," the other.[/quote']

i agree with everything you say,gomi is a stud and has fought the whos who of mma outside of north america.I really like kenny,and like you say i think kenny could win.But and i mean but if this fight ends early with a 1st or 2nd rd.KO my money would have to be on Gomi!!

Archived