"Chael Sonnen is training for Abu Dhabi"

Megamonk123

I was watching MMA Live today, and John Anik mentioned that Chael Sonnen said that he is traning for Abu Dhabi. I don't know much about cuts, but is his forehead going to heal in time if he does accept the fight? I know its about two months away, so there is a good amount of time.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=null&categoryid=3461971

The mention is somewhere in the 28th minute.

i hope sonnen dosent take the fight' date=' its too soon and if he loses thats all anyone will talk about is how it was too soon and he coulda won yadayadayada but then again if he does take the fight and win then he will definitely earn a lot of respect from a lot of people[/quote']

At this point screw him. HE'S the one that's been running his mouth about how Silva is over rated..and an easier fight than Belfort etc. Let him back it up..no excuses...he's put himself in a position where he won't have excuses.

Cheers

-DR

At this point screw him. HE'S the one that's been running his mouth about how Silva is over rated..and an easier fight than Belfort etc. Let him back it up..no excuses...he's put himself in a position where he won't have excuses.

Cheers

-DR

+1

That's exactly what I said in a different thread. If he is offered the fight he better man up and take it after all the s*** he talked.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

+1

That's exactly what I said in a different thread. If he is offered the fight he better man up and take it after all the s*** he talked.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Yep. And he'll look like a lying fool if he makes excuses afterward...he'll have to eat all the trash talk. According to HIM Silva is nothing special. So this fight on 2 months notice shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Cheers

-DR

Yep. And he'll look like a lying fool if he makes excuses afterward...he'll have to eat all the trash talk. According to HIM Silva is nothing special. So this fight on 2 months notice shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Cheers

-DR

i agree completely and i dont think he would make excuses, but i would love to see them fight and i would want it to be fair and both be healthy

If Chael Sonnen takes this fight I will have a new found respect for the man. He did talk some crap but that is a tall order to fill, I mean Anderson "The Spider" Silva on short notice when you just fought. If he takes the fight and gets smashed I will still have respect for Chael Sonnen

If ufc offers it to him... he takes it

He wins when everyone and their grandma expects him to lose. He does it by using absolutely nothing but wrestling. Yes, it's "impressive" that he dominated Marquardt with wrestling. But isn't this another double standard? Usually guys have to get a string of KO's and what not. But now it's like "holy **** you can actually win a fight, lets give you a title shot." If this was any other fight with any other fighters, and they won with nothing but wrestling, it wouldn't be "impressive". He would have been hated on for doing nothing but wrestling, not hated on for his recent quotes or because he's a republican party member.. haha.

But hey, if he gets the fight I'll be cheering for him because I want Anderson to lose. I wanted him to get KO'd, but beaten up and mentally broken will be just as good.

Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 for lacerations on forehead and nasal bridge

Not sure if he will be ready to fight Anderson. He's not allowed to spar in a long time. Hope he understands that he will never get ready to fight Anderson. And if he takes the fight he will probably loose and wont get another shot at him for a long time. I hope he is smarter than that, just look what happened to Hendo.

Here's my guesses:

Most likely:

Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquardt

Following:

Anderson Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Anderson Silva vs. Kendall Grove

Anderson Silva vs. Rousimar Palhares, maybe?

Just throwing stuff out there, because it seems nobody is in line for the title shot with Maia being on suspension 'til past April, and Sonnen being on suspension 'til there's no time left to train.

Who?

Archived