easiest road to a title shot in ufc???

mmakillsallothersports

Personally it drives me nuts when you got great fighters making their ways through the threnches. Frankie Edgar(finally got his), Dos Santos, Maynard, and so on i wont rant. Basically its all business if you got hype or a big fan base your granted a title shot over fighters who truly deserve it . Well enough of my complianing who has had the easiest road to a title shot????

Examples....

Lesnar - Lost to Mir by sub

Wins against Herring by ud .... granted title shot

Hardy - Win over Gono by sd

Win over Markham by ko

Win over Davis sd

Win over Swick by ud

Shogun - Loss to Griffin by sub

Win over Coleman by tko - sloppy ugly fight

Win over Liddell by tko

Sanchez - at lw

Win over Stevenson by ud

Win over Guida by sd

Silva - hate to do this but

Win over Leben by ko (Shouldn't count he should have been granted a title shot right away)

Seriously, not even the Lesnar lovers can say he deserved his shot.

Hardy wasn't really that easy. He has a 4 fight win streak in the UFC and 3 fights win streak before that.

Shogun was easy if you only look at his UFC record, but remember that he was considered THE top LHW a couple of years ago. And that counts like it or not.

Sanchez was easy. But really nothing beats Lesnar. Come in with 1 fight, lose one, win the next over someone who never really was in title contention and BAM.

They hand over title fights to Couture like there's no tomorrow too, but at least Couture proved himself.

Edit: Silva was quite easy too, but at least he had fights before that.

I would have to say Lesnar even though I can see where people would think Silva. But I look at it like Silva is undefeated since coming to the UFC and has faced great competitors, where as Lesnar has the one loss against Mir and had a 2-1 record when getting Couture.

At least Silva had lengthy fight experience in Pride.

Don't vote with your hate boys and girls. The simple fact is Anderson Silva had exactly one fight in the UFC and got a title shot. End thread. If you want to factor in amount of professional fights to suite your purposes then sure, Brock hands down.

p.s. excuse me while I go hurt myself because I think I may have actually defended that buffoon.

Don't vote with your hate boys and girls. The simple fact is Anderson Silva had exactly one fight in the UFC and got a title shot. End thread. If you want to factor in amount of professional fights to suite your purposes then sure' date=' Brock hands down.

p.s. excuse me while I go hurt myself because I think I may have actually defended that buffoon.[/quote']

I'm sorry, did my post make you defend him? If so I greatly apologize.

hands down brock lesnar

at least anderson silva had previous and somewhat successful MMA experience

we all know brock got his title shot in his 4th ever MMA fight

and yea the politics behind that are kind of a bummer

brock got his so fast and a bad **** up and commer in JDS' next fight is on a UFC fight night,not even a PPV card

but i know im not complaining about that at all...thats card looks awesome

if you want to get down to it when BJ first came back to the UFC after he was told to GTFO after getting lucky vs Hughes the first time... he came back to lose to GSP and get a title shot

to this day BJ Penn is the only one to get a title shot after losing a fight for a title shot

Don't vote with your hate boys and girls. The simple fact is Anderson Silva had exactly one fight in the UFC and got a title shot. End thread. If you want to factor in amount of professional fights to suite your purposes then sure' date=' Brock hands down.

p.s. excuse me while I go hurt myself because I think I may have actually defended that buffoon.[/quote']

The difference is that Leben was on a 6 fight win streak when Silva beat him. Lesnar had a loss and a win over a guy on a 1 fight win streak. Lesnar by miles in this.

if you want to get down to it when BJ first came back to the UFC after he was told to GTFO after getting lucky vs Hughes the first time... he came back to lose to GSP and get a title shot

to this day BJ Penn is the only one to get a title shot after losing a fight for a title shot

I've said this in other threads, but here we go again. He got that shot for 2 reasons. GSP was hurt and could not take the fight, and the division was so weakat that time that a SPLIT DECISION didn't drop BJ far in the ranks.

Boosh!

And BJ Penn was the UFC WW champion before he left. He had more than proven himself and fought GSP for the number 1 contender spot on his return. Since he lost on a split decision and being the ex champ, it would be the logical choice for BJ to fill in for GSP,

The difference is that Leben was on a 6 fight win streak when Silva beat him. Lesnar had a loss and a win over a guy on a 1 fight win streak. Lesnar by miles in this.

You are skewing the facts to suite your purpose. I am well aware of who beat who, but you are ignoring the FACT Silva got his shot after one fight. Number of fights = 1 no matter how you slice it. But hey, if we can pin it on Lesnar, I'm in.

You are skewing the facts to suite your purpose. I am well aware of who beat who' date=' but you are ignoring [b']the FACT Silva got his shot after one fight. Number of fights = 1[/b] no matter how you slice it. But hey, if we can pin it on Lesnar, I'm in.

True but he had an illustrious MMA background. Lesnar had a WWE background.

You are skewing the facts to suite your purpose. I am well aware of who beat who' date=' but you are ignoring the FACT Silva got his shot after one fight. Number of fights = 1 no matter how you slice it. But hey, if we can pin it on Lesnar, I'm in.[/quote']

Believe me, we can. Beating Leben then is more credible than beating Herring. I think that they both got the shot too early, but oh well.

You are skewing the facts to suite your purpose. I am well aware of who beat who' date=' but you are ignoring the FACT Silva got his shot after one fight. Number of fights = 1 no matter how you slice it. But hey, if we can pin it on Lesnar, I'm in.[/quote']

But Silva won his first fight whereas Lesnar lost his first.

Personally it drives me nuts when you got great fighters making their ways through the threnches. Frankie Edgar(finally got his)' date=' Dos Santos, Maynard, and so on i wont rant. Basically its all business if you got hype or a big fan base your granted a title shot over fighters who truly deserve it . Well enough of my complianing who has had the easiest road to a title shot????

Examples....

Lesnar - Lost to Mir by sub

Wins against Herring by ud .... granted title shot

Hardy - Win over Gono by sd

Win over Markham by ko

Win over Davis sd

Win over Swick by ud

Shogun - Loss to Griffin by sub

Win over Coleman by tko - sloppy ugly fight

Win over Liddell by tko

Sanchez - at lw

Win over Stevenson by ud

Win over Guida by sd

Silva - hate to do this but

Win over Leben by ko (Shouldn't count he should have been granted a title shot right away)[/quote']

Good list, but where is Belfort?

True but he had an illustrious MMA background. Lesnar had a WWE background.

Kable....you seem to be throwing the word illustrious around quite liberally my friend. Lol.

Leben had a 5 fight win streak in the UFC including the Tuf finale, Patrick Cote being his toughest opponent and that was a split decision W. :)

Kable....you seem to be throwing the word illustrious around quite liberally my friend. Lol.

Leben had a 5 fight win streak in the UFC including the Tuf finale' date=' Patrick Cote being his toughest opponent and that was a split decision W. :)[/quote']

I was refering to Anderson Silva's career before the Leben fight. He had a good set of fights which is why they put him against Leben. Alot these days you see fighters debuts them fighting people on streaks to steal their momentum.

I was refering to Anderson Silva's career before the Leben fight. He had a good set of fights which is why they put him against Leben. Alot these days you see fighters debuts them fighting people on streaks to steal their momentum.

True dat. Silva was considered a sensation waiting to happen entering the UFC. Much hyped and rightly so. But still, 1 fight wins the easiest road to a UFC championship in my books. There are other fighters who have amassed huge amounts of wins outside the UFC besides Anderson Silva. You need to look no further than Wandy for this fact and was given guys like Chuck, Rampage and Franklin rather than a guy like Leben who in comparison is a can.

True dat. Silva was considered a sensation waiting to happen entering the UFC. Much hyped and rightly so. But still' date=' 1 fight wins the easiest road to a UFC championship in my books. There are other fighters who have amassed huge amounts of wins outside the UFC besides Anderson Silva. You need to look no further than Wandy for this fact and was given guys like Chuck, Rampage and Franklin rather than a guy like Leben who in comparison is a can.[/quote']

Yeh, but when you think about it, losing to Frank Mir...then winning a Decision over Heath Herring. Pretty much is the same as winning 1 fight to get a title shot. Silva didn't win by Decision.

Yeh' date=' but when you think about it, losing to Frank Mir...then winning a Decision over Heath Herring. Pretty much is the same as winning 1 fight to get a title shot. Silva didn't win by Decision.[/quote']

What I dont understand is why I am fighting this as Brock seems to be the runaway choice and this should please me. :P

If you are talking about ONLY UFC fights then Still Lesnar's path was the easiest. A UD win over a journeyman with a fractured eyesocket in no way equals a KO victory over a fighter on a 6 fight win streak that had never even been knocked off his feet, much less KO'd, and was being primed for a title shot himself.

Looking at their entire careers, and I can't see why anyone wouldn't, the only guy on the list, who hadn't earned the recognition as a great fighter worthy of a title oppurtunity, was Lesnar, hands down.

Isn't it funny how members can go on and on about the greatness outside of the UFC, now and in the past, yet when it is convenient for them, that greatness shown outside the UFC is not taken into consideration in a fighter's evaluation. Odd to say the least.

Why is everbody bashing Brock and saying he got handed a title shot that he didnt deserve? I recall Couture retiring after back to back KO losses in the LHW division, and then coming off retirement and fighting TimSylvia for HW title in his first fight back....So going from back to back ko losses to a title shot seems more undeserving than Brock geting his shot....But of coarse I shouldnt say these things about CAPTAIN AMERICA...........Hop off the Brock bashing bandwagon and get over it......Most people's hate for Brock is soley based on the fact that he was in the WWE.......

Why is everbody bashing Brock and saying he got handed a title shot that he didnt deserve? I recall Couture retiring after back to back KO losses in the LHW division' date=' and then coming off retirement and fighting TimSylvia for HW title in his first fight back....So going from back to back ko losses to a title shot seems more undeserving than Brock geting his shot....But of coarse I shouldnt say these things about CAPTAIN AMERICA...........Hop off the Brock bashing bandwagon and get over it......Most people's hate for Brock is soley based on the fact that he was in the WWE.......[/quote']

your telling people to get off bandwagons, look in the mirror bro

fact of the matter is most people on that list got very early title shots which they didn't deserve(especially brock **** him)

i wonder why belfort isn't up there but I want to see him destroy Silva so I can see an arguement for or against.

Couture only lost 1 fight... he had a win between the Lidell fights at UFC54. And' date=' like BJ Penn, He got a title shot after a loss because the division was so incredibly weak back then.[/quote']

So he lost to Chuck, beats Mike Van Arsdale (big name there), and then looses to Chuck again. That makes him 1 for 3. That does not get a title shot in my view.

Boosh!

Hell I'm a Brock fan and I'll admit his shot came ridiculously early, even though I'm pretty sure it was Couture's idea.

Silva's was just as undeserved though, he had one fight wherein he destroyed LEBEN, and got the title shot. That'd be like Rolles getting the title shot for beating Mustapha

Archived