BJ Penn Vs Manny Pacquiao

thefedex

people really need to learn how to properly read and understand the post before replying.

Hes wondering who would have a better a chance at beating the opposition in their own sport?

I say pacquiao has a 10000x better chance to beat BJ in MMA than BJ has of beating Manny in boxing, reasons should be obvious.

A lot easier to teach take down defense than super professional crazy amazing boxing.

Ive been pondering this question for a few weeks now so i decided to make an account and ask. i hope its not stupid but here it is: who has a better chance at winning?

BJ in a boxing match with Pacquiao

or

Pacquiao in an MMA match with BJ?

I have been pondering a question for a while as well..... Why do people make worthless threads??????

people really need to learn how to properly read and understand the post before replying.

Hes wondering who would have a better a chance at beating the opposition in their own sport?

I say pacquiao has a 10000x better chance to beat BJ in MMA than BJ has of beating Manny in boxing' date=' reasons should be obvious.

A lot easier to teach take down defense than super professional crazy amazing boxing.[/quote']

will you teach me how to read? :P

I say pacquiao has a 10000x better chance to beat BJ in MMA than BJ has of beating Manny in boxing' date=' reasons should be obvious.

A lot easier to teach take down defense than super professional crazy amazing boxing.[/quote']

omg u said it i posted an argument like this on a different sight about who has a better chance to beat them at their own game and ppl were saying the same 5hit that a boxer would win at boxing and an MMA fighter would win under MMA rules

Im not a BJ fan (by far)...but i pick BJ.....

Pacquio is alittle over rated and would get beat by Mayweather....look at their next fights ....Manny is fighting a nobody and Mayweather...is fighting a Shane Mosley.....

Unless manny fights MAyweather he will go down as #2 fighter...because in the future Mayweather will fighter higher competition...for the money and manny will keep dragging out nobodys.....that he knows he can beat.

Im not a BJ fan (by far)...but i pick BJ.....

Pacquio is alittle over rated and would get beat by Mayweather....look at their next fights ....Manny is fighting a nobody and Mayweather...is fighting a Shane Mosley.....

Unless manny fights MAyweather he will go down as #2 fighter...because in the future Mayweather will fighter higher competition...for the money and manny will keep dragging out nobodys.....that he knows he can beat.

Please. Mayweather was afraid of Pacman like a blue ghost

people aren't understanding the topic, the creator asked which fight results have more chance of happening, bj beating pacman in a boxing match or pacquiao beating bj in a mma match.

I think BJ would be able to defend himself for sometime in the boxing match but of course he would lose..(I'm not gonna say he would be humilliated, motives coming).

Pacman would get destroyed in a mma match, he is not used to get kicked and if BJ take him down the fight would end there.

I like to take Semmy Schilt and other succesfulls kickboxers for example, when they come to MMA they lose even when standing up, because it's a different sports where fighters can't do stuffs they can in other sports because it would open paths to get taken down and kicked(boxers for example)... This is why Pacman would get destroyed in MMA and would take some time to beat BJ in boxing.

people aren't understanding the topic' date=' the creator asked which fight results have more chance of happening, bj beating pacman in a boxing match or pacquiao beating bj in a mma match.

I think BJ would be able to defend himself for sometime in the boxing match but of course he would lose..(I'm not gonna say he would be humilliated, motives coming).

Pacman would get destroyed in a mma match, he is not used to get kicked and if BJ take him down the fight would end there.

I like to take Semmy Schilt and other succesfulls kickboxers for example, when they come to MMA they lose even when standing up, because it's a different sports where fighters can't do stuffs they can in other sports because it would open paths to get taken down and kicked(boxers for example)... This is why Pacman would get destroyed in MMA and would take some time to beat BJ in boxing.[/quote']

Then again.... We know that Pacman would beat BJ in a straight up boxing match because we have seen BJ's boxing and Manny's boxing. But nobody has seen Manny's skills in MMA so it is hard to tell. For all we know, Manny is the best wrestler in the world (unlikely though)

Ive been pondering this question for a few weeks now so i decided to make an account and ask. i hope its not stupid but here it is: who has a better chance at winning?

BJ in a boxing match with Pacquiao

or

Pacquiao in an MMA match with BJ?

i dont know what would happen in an MMA match, i do however know, with absolute certainty, that pac man would destroy bj in a boxing match. 1st round ko

Its funny you people speak as if bj has no boxing skills, bj has the best boxing in all mma imo. Now take away the concern of being taken down and kicked his boxing could only get better one would assume. Paquiao is not god hear folks he's a brilliant boxer but has been defeated before in boxing. So I give bj the edge here( not sayin bj would win but that he would have a better chance @ winning In pacmans sport). In mma sure it starts standing up but pacman isn't used to getting kicked and taken down and kneed and elbowed so his boxing would not be as effective as it would in a str8 boxing match and once bj decides he wants to take pac down he will and either sub him or finish by way of gnp.

?

He was referring to your post AND the post right before yours that YOU obviously did not read. It was "irony" because he was explaining how people were answering the question WRONG and explained the right way to answer it. Then the very next post, YOU, posted your answer the wrong way although it was just explained.

This being said, I feel this explanation was probably all for nothing.

PS - Manny has the better chance of winning outside his element, but BJ would be able to last longer outside his element.

personally i feel bj would fair better in boxing than pacman in mma. Boxing as beautiful sport as it is, is very limited. Bj would very likely lose a boxing match but it would be on points he has fought much bigger and stronger opponents and none of them have even rocked him his chin is cast of iron pacman would not knock him out. pacman in mma even with td defense he has to worry about leg kicks, elbows, knees, and much more in the clinch he would get destroyed. boxing when you clinch you hug up or rest your head on your opponent he would get caught hard. Lesson is if bj fought boxing he would fare well prolly get outpointed if pacman fought mma he would get finished and finished brutal. ala stevenson or diego

A few things to add...

As a boxing afficianado it kind of irks me a little to hear people say BJ has the best "boxing" in MMA. From a technical boxing standpoint BJ is very subpar. Now if you said he has the best hands in MMA I agree it is a tossup between him and A.Silva.

The way BJ carries his hands low would make Freddie Roach have a heart attack. Emanual Steward would wring his neck.

But he throws hands better than anyone from that position and it is better suited for MMA considering the kicks, takedowns, etc...To me, Rampage has the best technical boxing style in MMA. It shines in his second two fights with Wanderlei, but the second fight especially highlighted why the technical boxing, hands by the ears style doesn't work in MMA. This is the biggest reason long time boxers have a hard time with MMA, habit of form.

Also, someone brought up the next fights for Mayweather and Pac man to show how Mayweather is fighting tougher opponents, going so far as to call Joshua Clottey a "nobody".

Well the fact is that while Moseley may have the bigger name, Clottey is the bigger respective threat. Mayweather could have fought Moseley 4-5 years ago when Shane was calling him out and chose not to. Now that Shane is on the downward side of his career, Floyd decides to fight for the big payday. Joshua Clottey however is young, strong, and extremely skilled. While Shane at this point in his career poses little or no threat to Floyd, Clottey is a major threat to Pac man. I bet you any ammount that Floyd wouldn't fight him! Floyd has turned himself into a sideshow joke. Pac Man will be remembered as the true best of this era.

And to the original point. I agree that Pac Man would stand a better chance in MMA than BJ in pure boxing.

Archived