Fedor, Mir, and Hughes on Women's MMA

The_Jack_Attack

Fedor Emelianenko:

Q) Marloes Coenen recently said that you are her hero. Do you enjoy watching female MMA?

A) To be honest, I don't approve women participating in mixed martial arts, or martial arts in general. I do not watch female fights.

http://www.eurosport.ru/mixed-martial-arts/story_sto2100232.shtml

Frank Mir:

It will eventually catch up, but the only problem is like if you watch female kickboxing they bring out alot of intensity and even ametuer shows you see girls fighting each other. Women go in and enjoy the kickboxing aspect and the stricking aspect of martial arts; you just don't have alot of women yet, not enough to qualify having all the different weight classes that are into grappling. Most girls just don't like it.You go into most Juijitsu classes and you might see one or two girls training, you go to alot of gyms and you won't see any girls. You go to alot of gyms and primarily like one or two. Even at my gym we're pretty much 80% stand up and 20% ground, I have about 10 female students and none of them wanna grapple or spare with anybody. They like fighting, they just don't wanna you know go into the whole sweating and I don't know. It's a cultural thing.. most girls don't like to get on the ground.

Matt Hughes:

...I'm not a big women's fan, I'm not. I'll just be honest and you can do what ever you want ... I'm just not a big fan of women hitting each other, I guess, is the way to say it.

Umm.. You know I'm not trying to keep women away from being in the army, or or doing this and that, I personally just don't like to see a women get hit. So I'm not a fan of it, I'm not saying I don't watch it, but you know if it was a vote I would vote no. . . .

**** that... all i need is ANY reason to watch Gina Carrano.

Ppppsssshhh she's aight but big strong women with muscles and **** is just not attractive at all and I know its not suppose to be attractive but I just really dont like seeing girls fighting in MMA and I dont know its just not that appealing to some people I guess

Mir along with couture....are probably the 2 smartest and best analyzers of the sport....as well as the 2 best fighters in the sport!

Has Mir commented on Brocks return?

Yeah definitely Mir has a good point of view most of the time and even though he may come across as a **** sometimes I enjoy hearing about what he thinks because he is an intelligent guy and that alone can get you very far! Couture is also the man and I enjoy hearing anything that he has to say he's a LIVING LEGEND and I havnt heard Mir talk about Brock coming back but I think he will think that its a good move for brock and his career and I think he will have some positive things to say about him. POSSIBLY but I am eager to hear what he thinks about it also

I also love Fedor's comments on Womens MMA its like its forbidden in his country or something. We dont watch women fight and that is the end of it!!!! Just NO we will have none of that!!!! even when that girl said he was her hero thats like a fat slap to her face but thats pretty funny kinda how i feel id just rather not watch two girls really fight unless its a highschool kinda fight or a messy muddy fight or a fight in a pool full of KY JELLY hahahh sorry had to

Gina Carrano pulled in around 250,000 her last fight against Cyborg...that is getting into the upper end of the MMA pay scale. Everyone will have their own opinion about women's MMA but when you look at the background of Fedor and Hughes, they kinda represent the ultra conservative outlook on things, just like Mir is open to it, but his consensus is that it isn't big enough to take seriously at this stage, but this was the same attitude less than 10 years ago most people had about Cagefighting/UFC/MMA as well. These fighters may not recognize it yet, but a lot of these women are developing a cult like following by many young female martial art practitioners. It's a shame that more male fighters aren't backing womens MMA, but Japan has been having female fights for years, and Akano is one of the best submission fighters in the world, male or female.

I love Fedor's response, I think it's a culture difference between Mir and Hughes who are obviously from US and Fedor from Russia. I would haft to agree that I don't really like seeing women getting beat up whether it is another girl or not, I don't know, more power to them though, can't really tell them "no" I guess.

This is respect?

No, its a response to a comment from another member. What is your point? You feel like you respect women's MMA more than others? Or more specifically, me? Because if you like we can have a conversation about the values of women's MMA. That is, if you actually know enough about it to carry on a discussion?

No' date=' its a response to a comment from another member. What is your point? You feel like you respect women's MMA more than others? Or more specifically, me? Because if you like we can have a conversation about the values of women's MMA. That is, if you actually know enough about it to carry on a discussion?[/quote']

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed or did they only get vanilla ice cream for dessert?

Not at all. Its quite simple really. I am a big fan of womens MMA and know a good deal about certain female fighters. To blindly question my respect for the sport is more than a bit presumptious.

Why do you seem to be going after a new poster? I've never doubted your knowledge in this area.

After reading Frank Mir's comment I must admit that while I liked him as a fighter before' date=' I now respect him even more as a man.[/quote']

Pitbull, I'm glad to see you are a woman that looks at the character of a man and judges him by his words and actions. They are the ruler that a woman must use in judging those within her inner circle. Never back down on principle or your beliefs regardless of how others may feel that surround you.

Pitbull' date=' I'm glad to see you are a woman that looks at the character of a man and judges him by his words and actions. They are the ruler that a woman must use in judging those within her inner circle. Never back down on principle or your beliefs regardless of how others may feel that surround you.[/quote']

I get the feeling that there is more that you want to say to me, if so, pm.

• 9 months later...

Womans MMA.. They can participate in MMA if they want but i dont want to see it.

I also agree with both Mir and Hughes. Mir as to why its not that good and why no girls want to do it, and with Hughes with saying that he doesnt want to watch girls beat eachother up.

I hope they never have a Womans division in the UFC.

• 2 months later...

Archived