Ortiz says he may not accept fight vs. liddel

slack_415

http://www.fanfeedr.com/boxing/2010/01/27/tito-ortiz-i-wont-take-this-fight-with-chuck-if-im-not-ready-for

After losing a close split-decision in his rematch to Forrest Griffin in November at UFC 106, Tito Ortiz blamed a series of severe injuries on his uneventful performance.

Considering Ortiz spent months hyping his return and claiming to be rejuvenated due to a recent back surgery, fans were outraged at his post-fight comments.

Ortiz' remarks may seem like excuses to some, but the reality is that Ortiz probably should have pulled out of his fight with Griffin. If the injuries were as serious as he is claiming then he should have backed out; instead, he chose to man-up and fight.

An 18-year layoff made "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" very eager to step back into "The Octagon" and, along with the fact that the original main event between heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin was called off due to Lesnar's illness, there was no way Ortiz was backing out at the last minute.

The former light heavyweight champion owed it to his loyal fans and to the UFC to step up and put on a show against the original Ultimate Fighter winner.

However, Ortiz realizes that it was a mistake to go through with that fight despite his medical condition. Ortiz doesn't plan on making the same mistake again and will have no hesitation pulling out of his third fight with UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell if the injuries are still occurring.

"I know I won't take this fight if I'm not ready for it," Ortiz said in a recent interview with MMA Junkie. "I guarantee that. I'm not going to do that again. I've done a lot of favors for the UFC, and I shouldn't have fought that fight (with Griffin). I shouldn't have, but I did. I'm not going to let my fans down again."

Leading up to his November bout with Griffin, Ortiz claimed he would run through Griffin with the explosiveness of a tiger. He cited his recent back surgery as the best thing that he has ever done for his career. Several MMA enthusiasts expected a quicker, stronger version of Ortiz in his UFC return.

The injury reports after the fight came to the surprise and the dismay of fans everywhere, but it wasn't his back that was the problem?it was his head.

"I have no more back problems, but other things started coming about," Ortiz said. "The first week of training (for UFC 106), I got bounced on my head. I had C6 and C7 discs pressing on my spinal cord. I shouldn't have fought. But when you take 18 months off and bills have to be paid? I'll suck it up."

In fact, the injury was so severe that Ortiz claimed to have suffered severe memory loss before and after the event.

"Two weeks before the fight, I was wrestling with one of my partners, and we collided heads. I fractured my orbital bone. I don't remember the weigh-ins. I don't remember the fight. All I remember was the beginning of the third round.

"I remember thinking in my head, 'Don't get taken down, and don't get knocked down, and you win the fight.' That's all I remember. I don't remember the press conference afterward. I don't remember any of it at all. I had a concussion from the fractured orbital bone."

If healthy, Ortiz will square off with Liddell after the two coached opposite each other on season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV.

Liddell's recent performances have been rather uninspiring as well considering he has lost four of his past five bouts, but Ortiz is preparing for the best version of "The Iceman" and isn't expecting an easy fight by any means.

"Now that I've seen [Liddell], he looks in great shape," Ortiz said. "His sense of awareness is there, more than ever. Maybe he'll re-define himself. Look at Randy (Couture). He's 46 and still competing. Look at (Mark) Coleman. He's still competing. I think Chuck shouldn't have a problem at all competing.

"I think [Liddell] looked at his last losses, the mistakes that he did, and maybe he didn't get ready for the fight as he should have."

And while Ortiz has no problem pulling out of the fight if his body isn't feeling up to it, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" is already starting to feel better and should be ready to fight to the best of his ability in six months time.

"I have six months," Ortiz said. "It's already been two. My neck is better. My eye is getting better slowly but surely. You can still see darkness, but everything will pan out. Everything always does."

http://www.fanfeedr.com/boxing/2010/01/27/tito-ortiz-i-wont-take-this-fight-with-chuck-if-im-not-ready-for

After losing a close split-decision in his rematch to Forrest Griffin in November at UFC 106' date=' Tito Ortiz blamed a series of severe injuries on his uneventful performance.

Considering Ortiz spent months hyping his return and claiming to be rejuvenated due to a recent back surgery, fans were outraged at his post-fight comments.

Ortiz' remarks may seem like excuses to some, but the reality is that Ortiz probably should have pulled out of his fight with Griffin. If the injuries were as serious as he is claiming then he should have backed out; instead, he chose to man-up and fight.

[b']An 18-year layoff[/b] made "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" very eager to step back into "The Octagon" and, along with the fact that the original main event between heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin was called off due to Lesnar's illness, there was no way Ortiz was backing out at the last minute.

The former light heavyweight champion owed it to his loyal fans and to the UFC to step up and put on a show against the original Ultimate Fighter winner.

However, Ortiz realizes that it was a mistake to go through with that fight despite his medical condition. Ortiz doesn't plan on making the same mistake again and will have no hesitation pulling out of his third fight with UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell if the injuries are still occurring.

"I know I won't take this fight if I'm not ready for it," Ortiz said in a recent interview with MMA Junkie. "I guarantee that. I'm not going to do that again. I've done a lot of favors for the UFC, and I shouldn't have fought that fight (with Griffin). I shouldn't have, but I did. I'm not going to let my fans down again."

Leading up to his November bout with Griffin, Ortiz claimed he would run through Griffin with the explosiveness of a tiger. He cited his recent back surgery as the best thing that he has ever done for his career. Several MMA enthusiasts expected a quicker, stronger version of Ortiz in his UFC return.

The injury reports after the fight came to the surprise and the dismay of fans everywhere, but it wasn't his back that was the problem?it was his head.

"I have no more back problems, but other things started coming about," Ortiz said. "The first week of training (for UFC 106), I got bounced on my head. I had C6 and C7 discs pressing on my spinal cord. I shouldn't have fought. But when you take 18 months off and bills have to be paid? I'll suck it up."

In fact, the injury was so severe that Ortiz claimed to have suffered severe memory loss before and after the event.

"Two weeks before the fight, I was wrestling with one of my partners, and we collided heads. I fractured my orbital bone. I don't remember the weigh-ins. I don't remember the fight. All I remember was the beginning of the third round.

"I remember thinking in my head, 'Don't get taken down, and don't get knocked down, and you win the fight.' That's all I remember. I don't remember the press conference afterward. I don't remember any of it at all. I had a concussion from the fractured orbital bone."

If healthy, Ortiz will square off with Liddell after the two coached opposite each other on season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV.

Liddell's recent performances have been rather uninspiring as well considering he has lost four of his past five bouts, but Ortiz is preparing for the best version of "The Iceman" and isn't expecting an easy fight by any means.

"Now that I've seen [Liddell], he looks in great shape," Ortiz said. "His sense of awareness is there, more than ever. Maybe he'll re-define himself. Look at Randy (Couture). He's 46 and still competing. Look at (Mark) Coleman. He's still competing. I think Chuck shouldn't have a problem at all competing.

"I think [Liddell] looked at his last losses, the mistakes that he did, and maybe he didn't get ready for the fight as he should have."

And while Ortiz has no problem pulling out of the fight if his body isn't feeling up to it, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" is already starting to feel better and should be ready to fight to the best of his ability in six months time.

"I have six months," Ortiz said. "It's already been two. My neck is better. My eye is getting better slowly but surely. You can still see darkness, but everything will pan out. Everything always does."

Yehh 18 years aye?

After losing a close split-decision in his rematch to Forrest Griffin in November at UFC 106' date=' Tito Ortiz blamed a series of severe injuries on his uneventful performance.

An 18-year layoff made "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" very eager to step back into "The Octagon" and, along with the fact that the original main event between heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin was called off due to Lesnar's illness, there was no way Ortiz was backing out at the last minute.

"Now that I've seen [Liddell'], he looks in great shape," Ortiz said. "His sense of awareness is there, more than ever. Maybe he'll re-define himself. Look at Randy (Couture). He's 46 and still competing. Look at (Mark) Coleman. He's still competing. I think Chuck shouldn't have a problem at all competing.

here to eveyone who didnt read the whole thing this is what tito said to sum it up...

ummm i got injurys and more injurys, i was so injured that i forgot how badly i got my **** kicked... and than i saw chuck taining and realised i didnt want to get my **** kicked even harder by chuck so im pobly going to be backing out of this fight cause i F*(&( suck and talk like im frikkin chuck norris or something -Ortiz

TITO is the greatest LHW champion the ufc has ever seen SHOW SOME GOD DAMN RESPECT

Hanging from the sac. Face it Tito is done, Chuck is almost done/maybe. But it doesn't matter a 72 year old Chuck and beat a healthy Tito, this stage in his career. It will be a good quick fight, ending with Tito covering his head and not fighting back. Prediction noted::P

Hanging from the sac. Face it Tito is done' date=' Chuck is almost done/maybe. But it doesn't matter a 72 year old Chuck and beat a healthy Tito, this stage in his career. It will be a good quick fight, ending with Tito covering his head and not fighting back. Prediction noted::P[/quote']

chuck would get ko'd by a pillow, tito still has his jaw and that will serve him well verse the worst LHW champion ever

He is already making excuses' date=' either way hope he loses..[/quote']

exactly. Before the Griffin fight wasnt he saying "this is the healthiest ive felt in years? and now all of a sudden he was injured. its just more BS excuses from Tito. I can't believe this clown actually has fans still....

His jaw will serve him well. It gives him something to hold on to when he is covering up his battered face.

the canvas has a permenant imprint of liddells profile on it and in return if you looc at chucks face closely you can see the "L" from the miller logo on the ufc mat embedded in his face

evans he got ko'd

shogun he got ko'd

rampage he got ko'd

and tito will pound him out inside 2

Any one of those guys who beat Chuck would have done the same to Tito. Maybe not Tito quits before he can get KO. You see it every fight, that split second before he shutsdown. He's weak minded, no heart. I think that he no longer want to get hit. Chuck is not gun shy he will not quit, too much heart.

" I'm all heart motherf****r"

the canvas has a permenant imprint of liddells profile on it and in return if you looc at chucks face closely you can see the "L" from the miller logo on the ufc mat embedded in his face

evans he got ko'd

shogun he got ko'd

rampage he got ko'd

Did you see the last fight between Chuck & Bighead? This one will end the same way. Chuck will come in with a flurry of punches, & Tito will cover his head & crumple. He's a crybaby bitc*!!

BTW, his jaw is glass, so it won't help at all. Haven't you ever noticed that every time someone starts throwing tons of punches, he just lays on the cage & covers up?

Did you see the last fight between Chuck & Bighead? This one will end the same way. Chuck will come in with a flurry of punches' date=' & Tito will cover his head & crumple. He's a crybaby bitc*!!

BTW, his jaw is glass, so it won't help at all. Haven't you ever noticed that every time someone starts throwing tons of punches, he just lays on the cage & covers up?[/quote']

those 2 fights never ended that way, tito repeatedly head butted chucks fists to try and break them, you need a reality check bro

SMH @ chuck beating on a man who was physically disabled why not post pics of chuck taking a nap verse evans shogun and rampage

it wasnt a pro chuck statement it was an anti tito statement i dont care post all the chuck sleeping pics u want dont bother me... but besides that yeah chuck has taken a nap from alot of people but the hunting to beach ***** is not one of them and never will be

tito has never lost a fight when 100% fit' date=' its only his dedication to the ufc and his fans that he has those losses, a 100% fit tito is unbeatable[/quote']

you believe his excuses? llol ROFLNMOMGHKJHGS AHAHAHHAHAHHAH

here look heres the medical suspention list for ufc 106 you will not find tito on there.. if he was as injured as he had claimed he wouldnt have been aloud to fight...

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/11/23/1171301/ufc-106-medical-suspension-and

334uamb1.gif

I don't see how anyone can stand up for tito anymore... All he wants to do is make excuses and cover them up with more excuses. Ron_Burgandy has to be ****ing him or something... What a joke...

No man..he knows Tito isn't that great and even in his prime he couldn't compete with the elites of today. He's trolling...it's all on purpose...that's why he makes all these outlandish statements...it's so people pay attention. When real life isn't enough...you get trolls.

Cheers

-DR

No man..he knows Tito isn't that great and even in his prime he couldn't compete with the elites of today. He's trolling...it's all on purpose...that's why he makes all these outlandish statements...it's so people pay attention. When real life isn't enough...you get trolls.

Cheers

-DR

you know the real story

I don't see how anyone can stand up for tito anymore... All he wants to do is make excuses and cover them up with more excuses. Ron_Burgandy has to be ****ing him or something... What a joke...

ok mr 1 post and what a name to debut your posting career in, quite coincidental right? you made this account to persoanlly challenge me and i accept this challenge as you sir have p!ssed me off

you know the real story

You know man. I can appreciate honesty. If you do what you do out in the open and without the BS of trying to pretend you aren't doing something that you are, it's hard to hold it against you if your honest. And I appreciate that. Even though I suspect this response was tongue in cheek. *chuckle*

Cheers

-DR

You know man. I can appreciate honesty. If you do what you do out in the open and without the BS of trying to pretend you aren't doing something that you are' date=' it's hard to hold it against you if your honest. And I appreciate that. Even though I suspect this response was tongue in cheek. *chuckle*

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

this is my swan song back to old uwillsubmit tomorrow, so let me have this ok, infact join in and insight more vengeful posts against me

evans he got ko'd

shogun he got ko'd

rampage he got ko'd

lol that was some funny stuff

but really though,i think chuck got this one

That 18 years in Tito years. I know blah' date=' blah, blah nothing but excuses. I bet Babalu would take him if Tito did sign with Strikeforce. He shouldve, he will never amount to anything in UFC, and neither will Chuck again.[/quote']

dude im pretending to be you on here, you cant go around bashing tito like that it will give my cover up.....

Tito will film TUF and because (as much as I hate to say anything complimentary about him) he's a good coach he'll regain some old fans and a lot of noob fans who will no doubt find his ****y badass shtick attractive. Then he'll get his **** handed to him a 3rd time by Liddell and any supporters he gained will evaporate. I seriously doubt that if Tito fights Chuck and loses that he'll continue. I honestly don't see him being relevant enough to keep fans interested.

here to eveyone who didnt read the whole thing this is what tito said to sum it up...

ummm i got injurys and more injurys' date=' i was so injured that i forgot how badly i got my **** kicked... and than i saw chuck taining and realised i didnt want to get my **** kicked even harder by chuck so im pobly going to be backing out of this fight cause i F*(&( suck and talk like im frikkin chuck norris or something -Ortiz[/quote']

i like your version better...lolol I dont think there is a fight that he lost that he didn't have an excuse for...

Tito will film TUF and because (as much as I hate to say anything complimentary about him) he's a good coach he'll regain some old fans and a lot of noob fans who will no doubt find his ****y badass shtick attractive. Then he'll get his **** handed to him a 3rd time by Liddell and any supporters he gained will evaporate. I seriously doubt that if Tito fights Chuck and loses that he'll continue. I honestly don't see him being relevant enough to keep fans interested.

he has a 3 fight deal.... he will be back..tito vs couture 2 ....lol

Archived