Paul Daley's Rank

oxymoron5k

I was just curious if anybody else thinks that Daley's last win shouldnt really up his ranking to much. Hazelett IMO pretty much gave him this win by trying to out strike a striker....His game plan was terrible and because of it, Daley got a vicious KO that will send him way up the rankings. I just think that sometimes wins like his last one really shouldnt be taken to seriously since he wasnt tested very much. Anybody in the top 30 in the WW could have KO'd Hazelett in that fight. Hazelett had absolutely no head movement or footwork.

*Disclaimer*

I dont want to sound like I'm disrespecting either one of these guys as they both are very talented and legit fighters..I just think Daley got a really lucky in this fight and will get a lot of fans/hype because Hazelett took a big gamble and got burned.

I just dont think his last fight can really be seen as Daley being a beast as much as Hazelett having no striking game...like I said I think any of the top 30 WW could have KO'd Hazelett that fight...And the WW division is still stacked man...Swick, Alves, Fitch, Kos, Hardy, Davis, Daley.............................And then there is GSP, lol.

Swick: Looked horrible in his last fight.

Alves: Got beat already

Fitch: Got beat already

Kos: Working his way up' date=' but was already beat[/b']

Hardy: About to get beat

Davis: Is on his way out

Daley: Isn't that who you're arguing against?

So... Who betta than Daley?

IMO the top guys in WW are better than Daley. A KO over Hazelett doesn't prove you can hang with the rest. You got Swick, Alves, Fitch, Kos. I guess if he beats Kos, either give him one more fight to secure his spot, or go ahead and feed him to GSP. That'll just knock him down a few, then he'll really have to prove how good he is.

IMO the top guys in WW are better than Daley. A KO over Hazelett doesn't prove you can hang with the rest. You got Swick' date=' Alves, Fitch, Kos. I guess if he beats Kos, either give him one more fight to secure his spot, or go ahead and feed him to GSP. That'll just knock him down a few, then he'll really have to prove how good he is.[/quote']

i believe he should have to beat kos then alves to earn a shot

IMO the top guys in WW are better than Daley. A KO over Hazelett doesn't prove you can hang with the rest. You got Swick' date=' Alves, Fitch, Kos. I guess if he beats Kos, either give him one more fight to secure his spot, or go ahead and feed him to GSP. That'll just knock him down a few, then he'll really have to prove how good he is.[/quote']

Heh I guess I phrased that wrong. I meant who better for a title match. Of course Thiago is better but you need time before that rematch, same for Fitch. He's got the match with Kos to prove who's better there, so why not GSP next?

As for Swick he REALLY needs to impress me after that embarrassment he put on against Dan Hardy

Yeah might as well put him next in line if he beats Kos. That's how the UFC works these days. He's a new, hyped guy so he would draw more than a rematch with Kos, Fitch, or Alves. But, if that happens and after GSP schools him, he'll have to fight his way back up. But if Kos wins, i can see Kos having to fight either Fitch, Swick, or Alves for the #1 spot.

Archived