Liddell Intervention? Or Tito BS?

DarkReflection

What do you guys think?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tito-says-Liddell-was-an-alcoholic-White-interv?urn=mma,215904#remaining-content

If it's true...there could be a few positives.

1. That he got help and that's great.

2. Maybe in these last few fights he hasn't been performing up to his potential because of poisoning his system with alcohol.

Either way...it it's true...great for Chuck.

Cheers

-DR

i believe neither of these 2 want this fight TBH

I think you're right.

Tito doesn't want another loss...because it'd be 2 in a row since his return. And it's a guy who beat him twice already.

Chuck already beat this dude twice...it's not going to prove much for him to beat him again...andTito hasn't looked that great recently either.

Cheers

-DR

Yeah' date=' If it is true I hope the best for him. He needs to get back in his groove if he's talking about 4 more fights and going after the belt.[/quote']

Yeah...I mean if he was a real alcoholic hardcore..he may come back with some more pop in his hands and bounce in his step. But still....that is a HELL of a goal to set. I love Liddell guys classic...but still...I've already said I don't see the man ever wearing a title again...but goddamn how insane would it be if he proved me/us wrong.

They could EASILY sell a big budget movie out of THAT true story.

Cheers

-DR

Dana did put alot of pressure on Chuck to retire why???;)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he saw that Chuck wouldn't commit to quitting drinking and said..

."you know what...you're only gonna hurt yourself...you made your mark...if you aren't going to do whats right for yourself physically you shouldn't fight..."

This alleged intervention happened I guess sometime in November and Liddell hasn't drank since then, according to the article...and maybe for that reason Dana is accepting the idea that Chuck comes back, because maybe he can get back on track if he is taking care of his body. Who knows...and it would shock the hell outta me if he went on a 4 fight win streak at this point..but...maybe itll be an incredible comeback story.

Cheers

-DR

maybe he thought he would tarnish his legacy if he kept fighting and losing. chuck is so well known maybe dana actually wanted to keep him a legend as much as possible.. who knows .. cant jump off right away and say it was because of drinking.. chuck is a grown man.. and i dont think dana could force him to do anything.. maybe he just took some time to see if he really wanted to do it still (how bad)

maybe he thought he would tarnish his legacy if he kept fighting and losing. chuck is so well known maybe dana actually wanted to keep him a legend as much as possible.. who knows .. cant jump off right away and say it was because of drinking.. chuck is a grown man.. and i dont think dana could force him to do anything.. maybe he just took some time to see if he really wanted to do it still (how bad)

True...I think alot of Dana's position on the matter did come from concern for his friends legacy. But IF..and I do say IF...this intervention stuff is true...it very likely also played a big part in Dana wanting Liddell to hang up the gloves.

Cheers

-DR

True...I think alot of Dana's position on the matter did come from concern for his friends legacy. But IF..and I do say IF...this intervention stuff is true...it very likely also played a big part in Dana wanting Liddell to hang up the gloves.

Cheers

-DR

Dana does not care so much about the Chuck legacy it's because it would hurt the image of the UFC :o

Archived