Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie

Wrestler101

This is gonna be a major battle of fueling animosity especially since the prideful Jui jitsu master himself (Royce) was outwrestled and submitted by decent all american college wrestler... If Hughes takes the win that's gonna put him into a title shot position, be interested into seeing if he still has it in him and most importantly if he has evolved as much as GSP which I doubt. Renzo has a good chance of winning as well but I don't see him posing much of a threat to GSP due to his lack of virsatility. Either way it's gonna be exciting because Hughes will be hard to catch and believe Renzo would let his arm be brocken off before he gives up any submission.. What's your guys take on this fight and Renzo's and Hughes futures???

Renzo is the best all round fighter of the gracie family... and when Hughes foguth Ryoce Royce was fighting with food posiong but could not pull out of the fight

Renzo is gonna win this fight in the stand up... the onyl way Hughes win this is by Lay and Pray becasue he cannot do anything else

Hughes is from a different era when being dominant in one aspect of the "game" could insure victory. The sport has evolved and changed and Hughes hasn't. Respect for Hughes during that era of the sport...and Hughes v Trigg II was ****ing inspired. That said...Hughes isn't wearing a title again.

As for THIS fight....it's been a while since Renzo fought and he's older...if I had to pick I give it to Hughes.

Cheers

-DR

Excuses Excuses.

whaaa my tummy hurts' date=' well then he shouldn't have fought![/quote']

not much you can do when you are told you go out or we sue you because we promoted the fight...

food poisoning can have an onset of 15 minutes... not much you can do when you start to get sick literally right before the fight

Food poisoning is pretty much one of the worst things you can experience. Because unlike a serious car accident where you may sustain major damage...you go out like a light...or you are in shock...the actual pain is controlled later..assuming you survive in a hospital.

But food poisoning man...it's legit as ****....horrible horrible experience...the poisoning part is no joke...you sit there an agonize and have to experience the full thing...no blissful unconciousness...just pain...and dreams of water dude.

I have NEVER felt as close to death as I did with a bout of food poisoning on day 3....couldn't keep water down...lost over 20 pounds...****ing...ugh...can't eat pork anymore...and cant eat at authentic mexican food restaurants anymore...only taco bell and home made for me..

**** food poisoning..

Cheers

-DR

Okay, first of all Hughes was an abu dahbi champ so he can do way more than just lay and pray he's got collegiate, greco, judo, jui jitsu and sambo skills under his belt. Plus i've wrestled with way worse than food poisoning at D-1 tournaments... for a style that prides itself on blocking pain and discomfort, food poisoning really shouldn't be a factor plus adrenalin in a fight masks that discomfort believe that. Nobody's 100 percent as a fighter, he got beat fair and square by an okay wrestler,.. I do agree though Renzo might have it in the stand up department.

I think Hughes would have won that fight with Royce with or without the food poisoning...I just wanted to comment on how much that **** sucks. Royce (like Hughes) was dominant in an age where knowledge in one discipline could ensure victory. Back then the concept of a fight was different...the preconception was a fight was done on the feet with your fists. Royce changed all that...it's like trying to fight a Shark in the water. You're toast..it's not your arena. But I will **** a great white up if you drop him in the middle of Arizona and you give me a sharp stick.

Cheers

-DR

I think Hughes would have won that fight with Royce with or without the food poisoning...I just wanted to comment on how much that **** sucks. Royce (like Hughes) was dominant in an age where knowledge in one discipline could ensure victory. Back then the concept of a fight was different...the preconception was a fight was done on the feet with your fists. Royce changed all that...it's like trying to fight a Shark in the water. You're toast..it's not your arena. But I will **** a great white up if you drop him in the middle of Arizona and you give me a sharp stick.

Cheers

-DR

OMG this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thank you, I'm now cleaning water out of my keyboard..lol

I got Renzo winning this one. Yes Hughes should be able to take him down, but Hughes' GnP hasn't really been effective as of late. Renzo definitely has the advantage in this fight if he can keep it on the feet, but we all know Hughes won't stand and bang. This fight will be determined by two things, How well Hughes can control Gracie once he's got him down, and how well Renze works off his back. Renzo has the skills to take this fight, if he gets on top of Hughes it's done.

Food poisoning is pretty much one of the worst things you can experience. Because unlike a serious car accident where you may sustain major damage...you go out like a light...or you are in shock...the actual pain is controlled later..assuming you survive in a hospital.

But food poisoning man...it's legit as ****....horrible horrible experience...the poisoning part is no joke...you sit there an agonize and have to experience the full thing...no blissful unconciousness...just pain...and dreams of water dude.

I have NEVER felt as close to death as I did with a bout of food poisoning on day 3....couldn't keep water down...lost over 20 pounds...****ing...ugh...can't eat pork anymore...and cant eat at authentic mexican food restaurants anymore...only taco bell and home made for me..

**** food poisoning..

Cheers

-DR

yeah that would suck

Renzo is the best all round fighter of the gracie family... and when Hughes foguth Ryoce Royce was fighting with food posiong but could not pull out of the fight

Renzo is gonna win this fight in the stand up... the onyl way Hughes win this is by Lay and Pray becasue he cannot do anything else

bla bla bla excuses..he came very very very close 2 submitting royce gracie who was at that time a 6th degree black belt

Archived