Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar 1

gee_sus

Yes i'm new here but first let me explain to everyone that i have been an MMa fan and or UFC fan since it's inception, i have watched every UFC PPV, and Train as an MMa fighter myself.

anyways on to my post.

i just finished watching Mir vs. Lesnar #1 and i can't see why Frank Mir is happy about that win, if you watch closley you can Clearly see Frank Mir Tap "TWICE", i watched it about 7 times in a row and yes Mir Tapped, watch it again sometime and pay close attention, you will notice it too.

thanks for reading, as this is my first post.

why does everybody hate on Brock???

is it because he wrestled for WWE?

big deal, Dan Severn started the same way as did Ken shamrock, they both wrestled for N.W.A long before they started MMa, and people don't give them Sh*t.

Brock has more wrestling background than anyone in MMa period, but whatever, you can't make someone see the truth that doesn't want to.

big deal' date=' Dan Severn started the same way as did Ken shamrock, they both wrestled for N.W.A long before they started MMa, and people don't give them Sh*t.

Brock has more wrestling background than anyone in MMa period, but whatever, you can't make someone see the truth that doesn't want to.[/quote']

yeah!!! stick it to the haters bro Fcuk em in their tiny little @asses

There are more highly decorated wrestlers than Lesnar in MMA. Lesnar's definitely near the top, but he's not number 1 as far as amateur wrestling achievements go.

He does however make the best use of it I think, when combined with his size.

As for why people dislike him. I'm sure some people have an issue with his history in "fake" but as soon as he started having real fights he got my respect there. I don't personally care that he used to do fake.

What I don't like is his immaturity and hick like hot headed temper. And his total ignorance on issues like health care. And his poor sportsmanship and lack of professionalism after his win against Mir.

Cheers

-DR

There are more highly decorated wrestlers than Lesnar in MMA. Lesnar's definitely near the top' date=' but he's not number 1 as far as amateur wrestling achievements go.

He does however make the best use of it I think, when combined with his size.

As for why people dislike him. I'm sure some people have an issue with his history in "fake" but as soon as he started having real fights he got my respect there. I don't personally care that he used to do fake.

What I don't like is his immaturity and hick like hot headed temper. And his total ignorance on issues like health care. And his poor sportsmanship and lack of professionalism after his win against Mir.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

I think we will see a different Brock when he returns, serious illness almost always changes people's personallities for the better:)

yeah he is quite hot headed i'll give you that, but i think most of that was adrenaline from the fight, and Mir did talk alot of sh*t going into that fight, i think if it would have been me and i dominated Frank Mir, i might have acted the same way, plus you have to take into consideration Brock is still a rookie, and really doesn't know how to handle himself, which i'm sure he will learn to do in the future.

i like machida' date=' i just dont like how everyone thinks he so great where he hasnt really beaten anyone in the division, sure evans and thiago were good wins, but until he beats rampage anderson and shogun i think he is far from the best in the division[/quote']

don't forget Tito :cool: lol

I think we will see a different Brock when he returns' date=' serious illness almost always changes people's personallities for the better:)[/quote']

did you not see his interview?

don't forget Tito :cool: lol

tito is a god machida doesnt deserve to fight a fully fit tito' date=' machida was lucky that tito was only at 56% for their fight

did you not see his interview?[/quote']

yeah brock stay on that arrogant tip

i didnt mean to but

for those who missed it

tito is a god machida doesnt deserve to fight a fully fit tito, machida was lucky that tito was only at 56% for their fight

I think we will see a different Brock when he returns' date=' serious illness almost always changes people's personallities for the better:)[/quote']

yeah he is quite hot headed i'll give you that' date=' but i think most of that was adrenaline from the fight, and Mir did talk alot of sh*t going into that fight, i think if it would have been me and i dominated Frank Mir, i might have acted the same way, plus you have to take into consideration Brock is still a rookie, and really doesn't know how to handle himself, which i'm sure he will learn to do in the future.[/quote']

You both make some good points gentlemen. I hope you're right "striker" maybe this episode with his health makes him a better person.

I also kinda feel bad for Brock though in his current position for this reason....he had a major illness...lost alot of functional muscle...hasn't fought for months...it'll be almost a year since he fought last when he does eventually fight....and whoever he does end up fighting will have been training and progressing and staying sharp while Brock has had to get back up to speed and into the form he was last July. That's the ***** about being a champ...you don't get a tune-up fight...so he's going to have to jump right into the deep end...and truth be told..even though I'm not the biggest fan of his..I respect his ability to control and win in a fight....but...yeah I think he's getting the ****ty end of the stick on this one...Mir would LOVE to be Brock's comeback fight..because that will be his best chance at beating him again.

Cheers

-DR

That's the wrestler mentality... passive aggressive. Brock did get robbed the first fight I saw the taps as well, in addition usually if you hit to the back of the head the ref calls warning he doesn't just stand them up but I'm sure due to Brocks sheer size they probably felt they needed to give Mir a handcap lol. When Mir was stood to his feet he was daze most likely if the ref didn't stand them up Mir would've been out cold. I do give it up to Mir for his sneaky setup, but that won't happen again to a savvy wrestler like Lesnar.

yeah brock stay on that arrogant tip

i didnt mean to but

for those who missed it

tito is a god machida doesnt deserve to fight a fully fit tito' date=' machida was lucky that tito was only at 56% for their fight[/quote']

A 56% Tito doesn't exactly impress me. If it were from anyone else that maybe had some truth to them, yes. I might be inclined to believe their excuse. But come on, I'm not knocking you for being a Tito fan. But Tito making excuses is one thing, it's expected. But don't help him. Also, for you to say that Machida not fighting any top level guys like Evans and Thiago... Well. Ortiz and Evans drew a controversial draw. Something that Machida did not in the least flash about with Evans. It was embarrassing the way that Machida manhandled Evans. I'm not saying that Thiago is the best in the division. But to say that the guy has no merit as a win on someones record is ignorant at best. And he made that look a breeze as well. Now, I'm not exactly a Machida fan, and I expect a fan of someone to be heavily biased. But you just make fun of yourself sometimes.

i watched fight #1 again and i noticed something i didnt before and have to give props to frank mir .. his friend passed away and he dedicated the fight to him and then said dont worry bout your family i got them .. what a great guy to support his family .. i dont care what you say about mir's ability to beat brock.. the guy is a good dude !!

i watched fight #1 again and i noticed something i didnt before and have to give props to frank mir .. his friend passed away and he dedicated the fight to him and then said dont worry bout your family i got them .. what a great guy to support his family .. i dont care what you say about mir's ability to beat brock.. the guy is a good dude !!

That's a very decent thing to do.

Cheers

-DR

you can Clearly see Frank Mir Tap "TWICE"' date=' i watched it about 7 times in a row and yes Mir Tapped, watch it again sometime and pay close attention, you will notice it too.

thanks for reading, as this is my first post.[/quote']

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you from earth?lets hope that your 2nd post is more interesting

I'm sure this has been said in this thread already but if not Steve M. more or less won that fight for Mir. The blow (questionable that there was even more than one) to the back of the head was not near intentional and i've never seen anyone stood up and a point deducted that fast in all of MMA for one infraction with no warning. That flat out changed the possibilities that fight could have ended in although I will volunteer Mir could have pulled off another submission possibly albeit unlikely. I think people don't respect how devastating what many people call "little Lesnar sissy elbows" really are in fact I doubt anyone on this board could take more than 5-8 of them and get right up and in 5 seconds time that's all it takes for you to eat 5-8 of them given Lesnar's freakish athleticism.

big deal' date=' Dan Severn started the same way as did Ken shamrock, they both wrestled for N.W.A long before they started MMa, and people don't give them Sh*t.

Brock has more wrestling background than anyone in MMa period, but whatever, you can't make someone see the truth that doesn't want to.[/quote']

Caus eis is bi enough to eat the coockie monster!

But even if you saw it, it is your own perspective. They only perspective that matters is the refs. If he was really tapping and the ref did not stop it I am sure he would have vocally told the ref he was done. I am a huge Lesnar fan but a loss is a loss. What weight are you?

yeah!!! stick it to the haters bro Fcuk em in their tiny little @asses

The @ doesn't change the word haha.

i like machida' date=' i just dont like how everyone thinks he so great where he hasnt really beaten anyone in the division, sure evans and thiago were good wins, but until he beats rampage anderson and shogun i think he is far from the best in the division[/quote']

+1 I believe he had an easy road to the title, which isn't unique in the UFC. To me he will only deserve the hype after a few more fights.

Brock would never want a tune up fight. His first fight in the UFC was against a former champ. He is supremely confident and is really dedicated to being a great champion. After ufc 100 he lost his cool, but that was after 17 months of wanting revenge for a fight he knew in his heart he had won.

I personally really enjoy seeing fighters emotions. They are human and people react differently. I don't know what it would feel like to dedicate that much time to beating one guy after a fight you knew you gave to him. The whole time the other guy is talking ****. It would get to me too.

But even if you saw it' date=' it is your own perspective. They only perspective that matters is the refs. If he was really tapping and the ref did not stop it I am sure he would have vocally told the ref he was done. I am a huge Lesnar fan but a loss is a loss. What weight are you?[/quote']

right now i am at 245 but am dropping to get to about 190

i am a big guy but i have some extra pounds i could get rid of to help me with my long term cardio goals

Archived