Frank Mir

wanderlei4ever

Frank mir is so overated now whats with all the hype over him he isnt the number one heavy weight he will get knocked out by carwin. he beat kongo, kongo was stressed about the takedowns he put his hands down he got caught and submited and everyone thinks mir is so great. im not a hater he is preaty good but hes not that great

Mir will most likely beat Carwin but even tho Mir is bigger he will be way slower and having that much extra muscle he will gas faster as well... Lesnar would still eat him alive, he's way faster, more athletic, stronger and well aware of what Mir brings to the table... Carwin has hands but sorry wrestling, who gets taken down by Gonzagas middle school quality judo sweep? I think Valasquez would take Carwin.

Mir will most likely beat Carwin but even tho Mir is bigger he will be way slower and having that much extra muscle he will gas faster as well... Lesnar would still eat him alive' date=' he's way faster, more athletic, stronger and well aware of what Mir brings to the table... Carwin has hands but sorry wrestling, who gets taken down by Gonzagas middle school quality judo sweep? I[b'] think Valasquez would take Carwin[/b].

That would only happen in a lay and pray Couture style decision, not stoppage which is how all fights should end. (in stoppage that is)

I think one of the reasons you think Frank Mir is overated is there is so much polarization when it comes to the MIR vs. LESNAR debate. There are way too many people that underate him as well, it just depends which side of the fence you are sitting on. For example a lot of people say he has horrible takedown defense, but I think that is missing the point that in the past he probably welcomed the takedown, so it's not until the last LESNAR beatdown that he would of even tried to stop a takedown. For the guy who said MIR will gas faster because of the added muscle, what factor would that even play as LESNAR still has more muscle than MIR, so I think he'd gas first. I am just concerned that the added weight will make it harder for MIR to get up, when he gets taken down by Lesnar, that said at least Lesnar won't be able to establish as much control as he did in the last one. Anyways, we'll see when it happens...but I think that MIRs only chance, even though I am pulling for him, is to hurt Lesnar early kind of like the Kongo fight, because if MIR can rock LESNAR, I think we'll see the same LESNAR we did in fight #1...MISTAKE PRONE!!!!!

I think one of the reasons you think Frank Mir is overated is there is so much polarization when it comes to the MIR vs. LESNAR debate. There are way too many people that underate him as well' date=' it just depends which side of the fence you are sitting on. For example a lot of people say he has horrible takedown defense, but I think that is missing the point that in the past he probably welcomed the takedown, so it's not until the last LESNAR beatdown that he would of even tried to stop a takedown. For the guy who said MIR will gas faster because of the added muscle, what factor would that even play as LESNAR still has more muscle than MIR, so I think he'd gas first. I am just concerned that the added weight will make it harder for MIR to get up, when he gets taken down by Lesnar, that said at least Lesnar won't be able to establish as much control as he did in the last one. Anyways, we'll see when it happens...but I think that MIRs only chance, even though I am pulling for him, is to hurt Lesnar early kind of like the Kongo fight, because if MIR can rock LESNAR, I think we'll see the same LESNAR we did in fight #1...MISTAKE PRONE!!!!![/quote']

YOu need to re-watch fight 2. AT the beginning of round 2 mir lands a big flying knee and brock collapses and takes a solid minute laying on mir recovering. Had brock not gotten that "takedown" he would have lost fight 2 undoubtably.

FRANK MIR is a smart fighter he was surprised by lesnar's game plan and that is all.

People keep saying things like "oh kongo was worried about the take downs and got caught" what the hell does that mean? It means these people wouldn?t know a fight if they were in one.

all fighters feint left and throw right or say they are going to stand all day then take the guy down its called fighting you want to put the guy in the place where you can do the most damage like concentrating on the body so the other guy drops his hands then you can take his head off.

Surprisingly a lot of the guys saying ?oh MIR got lucky and caught KONGO? are FEDOR ****S so what happened with AORLOVSKI boys?

Will FRANK MIR beat lesnar again? Maybe, I think he is smart enough to know that giving away as much weight as he did to lesnar was a mistake and also thinking he was just going to tap him out like last time was a big mistake, at the end of the day there will be two very different fighters facing each other when MIR fights LESNAR again.

MIR RULES!

Mir will beat carwin.....and both he and carwin can beat Brock

Brock will tap again.....is not not a MMA fighter...he is a wrestler with some Ground and pound......but couture will give a demonstration on coleman...that that isnt enough anymore....Randy will school coleman.

Mir will beat carwin....and he will scare brock to death....their next fight......

Brock got a TKO .....frank didnt Tap.......Brock tapped wildly!!!

You can say what you want but MIr isnt a Quitter and Brock said "Oh my Mr. Mazzagatti...stop the fight " I cant take anymore.."

So you can say whatever about what Frank Mirs face looked like at UFC 100....but he never quit ...as a matter a fact he went after Brock after the fight was stopped."

Brock is a Tapper....a quitter and knows Frank MIr ...will eat him like a Lion on a Gazzelle....Brock your days are numbered.......your chest to chest...game wont work...and then Bock will actually s*** in his pants when Frank puts him to sleep!!

Brock will tap again.....is not not a MMA fighter...he is a wrestler with some Ground and pound......but couture will give a demonstration on coleman...that that isnt enough anymore....Randy will school coleman.

Mir will beat carwin....and he will scare brock to death....their next fight......

You can say what you want but MIr isnt a Quitter and Brock said "Oh my Mr. Mazzagatti...stop the fight " I cant take anymore.."

So you can say whatever about what Frank Mirs face looked like at UFC 100....but he never quit ...as a matter a fact he went after Brock after the fight was stopped."

Brock is a Tapper....a quitter and knows Frank MIr ...will eat him like a Lion on a Gazzelle....Brock your days are numbered.......your chest to chest...game wont work...and then Bock will actually s*** in his pants when Frank puts him to sleep!!

agreed

+5, agreed

Ya I agree that was a good game plan by Brocks trainers...he had the element of surprise...frank lost weight for that fight....and underestimated Brocks Strength......He would have beat brock with a different game plan on that same night....but Mirs not satisfied with that....he will about 285 lbs.....in their next meeting .....and Mirs Boxing ....gets better each time we see him in the octagon......and hes not just talking crap....you can tell when they interview him he wants to get his hands on Brock...soon and hurt him!

When Mir meets Lesnar again he will prove why he his the more skilled fighter.

He's obviously the smarter fighter and isn't it interesting that the intelligent fighters always seem to succeed? Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Machida, St. Pierre, Silva, Penn....all smart guys on top of being great fighters.

Sorry, but eventually the UFC eats up meatheads and rednecks such as Lesnar. He should go back to "professional" wrestling where he can thrive with his low IQ

When Mir meets Lesnar again he will prove why he his the more skilled fighter.

He's obviously the smarter fighter and isn't it interesting that the intelligent fighters always seem to succeed? Couture' date=' Liddell, [b'][/b]Ortiz, Machida, St. Pierre, Silva, Penn....all smart guys on top of being great fighters.

Sorry, but eventually the UFC eats up meatheads and rednecks such as Lesnar. He should go back to "professional" wrestling where he can thrive with his low IQ

ortiz? smart? hardly. i like to watch him fight, but you're the first person (other than tito) to ever accuse him of being smart. here's a measuring stick for you: the more someone talks about how smart they are, the LESS smart they actually are.

ortiz? smart? hardly. i like to watch him fight' date=' but you're the first person (other than tito) to ever accuse him of being smart. here's a measuring stick for you: the more someone talks about how smart they are, the LESS smart they actually are.[/quote']

I know what you're saying. Out of the bunch I listed he's the least smart, however I think he is (somewhat) smarter than most of the fighters.:o

i agree with you about mir being a changed fighter after his loss to lesnar, but i disagree with the fact that he's honna sumbit both shane carwin and lesnar maybe carwin, but if lesnar has mir in the crucafix like he did in the second fight mir will have no room to work with his great ju jitsu game resulting in a tko win for lenar.

Mir is on a warpath since losing to lesnar. Honestly he shouldnt have lost to lesnar. He didnt fight it smart. I like pjsman comment though. Brock is a tapper. Once hes in a hold he dont know how to get out of it. Mirs wight gain is fantastic hes just still not nearly as strong as brock. Like he said when he won the 1st fight. "I tried the arm bar but couldnt get it look at the size of em". Experience is gonna win Mir that match if he plays it smart. Power will allow brock to win if he uses it properly. I wanna c Mir win but overall im lookin 4 a good fight.

What I see being a factor is his improved standup. If he can sstand with Brock and not get caught so easily and have Brock pouncing on him, that will make a huge difference. If Brock has to earn and try for a takedown, and actually be in Franks guard and work for position it might ake the difference and Brock can get his friggin arm ripped off. I hope Mir gets suspended or something for refusing to let go when Brock immediately taps and breaks his arm. Compound fracture.

Dude I'm not tryin to rain on your parade or anything but Brock trapped Mirs arm so he couldn't tap to strikes with that one. The other one was blocking Brocks right hand. Even if he wanted to tap physically his only free hand was the only thing between Brock and a near death experience!

Verbally I dont believe he could't scream at the ref, because he was praying in his head before he couldn't tell what was going on anymore!

Do I think he would have tapped.....no he just didn't have the option.

Here are where I rank the heavyweights

1. Frank Mir (he will beat Carwin and take Lesnar's title)

2. Brock Lesnar

3. Junior Dos Santos

4. Cain Velasquez (supposing he beats Nog)

5. Big Nog

6. Shane Carwin

7. Gabe Gonzaga

1' date='000,000. Fedor "Emperor of Overhyped Fighters" Emilianenko[/quote']

i agree on that list +1

Why do people hate on Frank so freakin much?! I mean really?! All you haters need to go somewhere with that crap. I could understand people making a big deal about the Nogueira situation where he was sick with Staph infection and so that's why Mir beat him so easily. But Mir beat Kongo fair and square. End of story. Congo made a mistake and Mir capitalized on it. That's what happens in a fight! Someone makes a mistake and other dude takes advantage of it! And if u ask me, the fact that Mir was able to drop Congo so easily really speaks in itself for how much he's improved in his striking and his strength. I mean who else in the Heavyweight division has EVER been able to rock Congo? I mean really. Frank is getting better and his last win was legit. So quit hating.

YOu need to re-watch fight 2. AT the beginning of round 2 mir lands a big flying knee and brock collapses and takes a solid minute laying on mir recovering. Had brock not gotten that "takedown" he would have lost fight 2 undoubtably.

Sorry, why do I need to re-watch the fight????? I do agree MIR caught Lesnar with a knee in round 2, not sure MIR would of won the fight because he was pretty badly beaten up at that point. I wasn't suggesting that MIR wouldn't of been trying to stop that takedown, but the guy has never trained takedown defence extensively, as he's generally comfortable off his back. Next fight MIR will make Lesnar work for the takedown much harder.

Also I totally agree with the guy criticizing people who say that the only people MIR knocks out are people that aren't expecting it. Newsflash, it's an MMA fight and you are going to get punched in the face!!!!!!

I can not spell good. I would not beat it all on Mir beating Carwin. Did you see the Carwin V.S. Gonzaga fight? Carwin has amazing power and there is always a chance that he will catch mir with a punch and knock him out. I am a Huge Lesnar fan but, I think that if Mir can beat Carwin then Brock will be in for one hell of a fight. One other thing is Mir does not like to get taken down anymore. So he will be more likely to panick if Brock gets a take down. If you think that you would not tap with a 240 lb fighter cranking your foot then you must like broken bones because that is what would happen.

I can not spell good. I would not beat it all on Mir beating Carwin. Did you see the Carwin V.S. Gonzaga fight? Carwin has amazing power and there is always a chance that he will catch mir with a punch and knock him out. I am a Huge Lesnar fan but' date=' I think that if Mir can beat Carwin then Brock will be in for one hell of a fight. One other thing is Mir does not like to get taken down anymore. So he will be more likely to panick if Brock gets a take down. If you think that you would not tap with a 240 lb fighter cranking your foot then you must like broken bones because that is what would happen.[/quote']

Your spelling is better then half the people on here, and you bring up good points that I for one agree with, mostly... welcome to the forum

Get WWE out of your head and you might stop hating Brock so much (and start hating Mir).

Not taking sides here just a quick question. What will everyone who hates Lesnar so much do if he wins against Mir again? Or if he KO's or TKO's him? Please don't say "it wont happen" an actual responce would be appreciated.

Jump on the Nog bandwagon and make the same claims. Remember the Couture wagon? lol.

Not taking sides here just a quick question. What will everyone who hates Lesnar so much do if he wins against Mir again? Or if he KO's or TKO's him? Please don't say "it wont happen" an actual responce would be appreciated.

What will you say ( or even more interesting SCO say ) if Brock loses to Mir again? If Brock get's KTFO or put to sleep..

Please don't say it won't happen.

And please don't ever compare him to legends like Fedor ever again if that happens.

An actual response would be appreciated.

Oh and my response is, ofcourse depending a little how the fight ended, I would say Brock was the better fighter.

Archived