Josh Koscheck

wanderlei4ever

I don't know man, I'm a Kos fan so i'd root for him even tho I like GSP too but the last time they fought Kos didn't really have an answer for GSP, Kos has gotten way better but so has GSP and Kos has had some bad luck with Paulo Thiago and Thiago Alves and neither of those guys can touch GSP... Especially Thiago alves, GSP stomped that fool... It'd would be a way better fight this time tho for sure... I read an article that when Kos and GSP fought at the end of the fight when Kos was on his back defending himself he told GSP congradulations before the fight was over lol... GSP is still on such another level than anyone else, you're right tho if anyone can dethrone him it would be Kos.

Josh Koscheck is a really good fighter he always put on a show i dont understand what all the hate is about he is gonna be the number one contender and if anyone has a chance of beating Gsp its kos he can take gsp down and really punish him so wtf is all the hate about

Well for 1 your wrong...about that.

Secondly...He's a ****.

IDK why but I never liked Koscheck.

And at 106 It didnt help he was calling himself the #1 Contender.

IDK if Koscheck can beat GSP. Honestly if Fitch & Alves cant beat him IDK who can.

Mabye Sanchez has a chance since hes moving back up to 170' date=' but thats about it.[/quote']

sanchez beat gsp?

thats a joke

sanchez isn't even top ten ww

Josh Koscheck is a really good fighter he always put on a show i dont understand what all the hate is about he is gonna be the number one contender and if anyone has a chance of beating Gsp its kos he can take gsp down and really punish him so wtf is all the hate about

Koscheck?s chances of beating GSP are about as good as your sentence structure.

GSP and punctuation FTW.

Koscheck?s chances of beating GSP are about as good as your sentence structure.

GSP and punctuation FTW.

Win!

I actually think Daley is going to beat Koscheck. Rumble was rather tentative against Koscheck and didn't have his usual killer instinct that night. The odds of that happening with Daley are very small.

Win!

I actually think Daley is going to beat Koscheck. Rumble was rather tentative against Koscheck and didn't have his usual killer instinct that night. The odds of that happening with Daley are very small.

Not taking anything away from Koscheck but that Rumble fight was dissapointing. Too many eye pokes and an illegal knee. I think all that just really took Rumble out of it.

Koscheck faked a poke in the eye against Anthony Johnson to buy time and put Johnson of his game......He's got no chance against GSP' date=' not unless he uses some more cheating tactics......he's getting knocked the f**k out by Daley anyway...[/quote']

He didnt fake it. Theres a bunch of pictures that shows he got poked in the eye.

I used to like him but when he started banging on bout hardy not being number 1 contender I thought he was a muppet, the inconsistency of alves-loss, yoshida-win, thiago-loss, trigg win, johnson win. at the end of the day if the company says it was number 1 conteder fight then so be it. and he will lose to daley, and he pulled out the thiago fight if i was kos i'd ask them to put it back so he could avenge his loss because at the end of the day he has to avenge the losses to alves and or thiago before he's back in the title picture FACT

Kos was already out wrestled by GSP. And i like Kos too, but i understand why so many people dont like him. He is pretty arrogant. But i just find it a fittingquality for him. Idk why, but i dont mind it.

He's not ready for GSP just yet. Put him against Daley or Hardy after he loses.

I can see why Kos was upset about Hardy getting the #1 contender and title shot over him. Of the top tier of contenders in the WW division that everyone talks about, Kos,FItch,Alves. Kos is the only one that hasn't had a title fight. Yes GSP beat him once, but it wasn't for a title.

I don't think Kos has the answer for GSP but I feel for the guy. Almost 5 years now in the UFC with an 11-4 record and not a single title shot.

I used to like him but when he started banging on bout hardy not being number 1 contender I thought he was a muppet' date=' the inconsistency of alves-loss, yoshida-win, thiago-loss, trigg win, johnson win. at the end of the day if the company says it was number 1 conteder fight then so be it. and he will lose to daley, and he pulled out the thiago fight if i was kos i'd ask them to put it back so he could avenge his loss because at the end of the day he has to avenge the losses to alves and or thiago before he's back in the title picture FACT[/quote']

at the end of the day if your close to the top contender spot and dana thinks the ppv will bring big money then your in the tittle picture its not realy about wins and losses in the ufc its about marketability! which sucks but is true

No he did not. When the medical staff was looking at Kos' date=' they were discussing his left eye. I suggest you re watch the match.[/quote']

In the picture it shows Johnson poking his right eye.

EDIT: You know its his right eye because you can see Koschecks nose

In the picture it shows Johnson poking his right eye.

EDIT: You know its his right eye because you can see Koschecks nose

It clearly shows he is poking him in the left eye. The knee grazed his right eye and Koscheck was holding his left eye so everybody initially thought he was faking it when he did in fact get poked in the left eye.

So in one thread you say if Daley beats Kos he is still an overhyped fighter, but Kos is the man and can beat GSP. I'd say that's inconsistent. But that's your opinion.

Koscheck faked a poke in the eye against Anthony Johnson to buy time and put Johnson of his game......He's got no chance against GSP' date=' not unless he uses some more cheating tactics......he's getting knocked the f**k out by Daley anyway...[/quote']

Johnson did poke Koscheck in the eye its when Anthony goes to grab his head and it was an illegal knee. And Daley wont beat koscheck cause Kos's striking gets better ever fight and Daley is not that good if you ask me just watch when he was in strikeforce jake shields took him down so wont kos

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched the issues in question in the fight between Koscheck and Johnson many many times (slo mo). I really wish someone would send me this so called picture of Johnson poking Koscheck in the left eye. Sorry...but I do not see it AT ALL...not even vaguely.

I have to admit that I haven't liked Koscheck since first seeing him on TUF. He very much seemed like a weasel that you wouldn't want to turn your back on. And I know the difference between playing for the camera's (like many of you try to indicate) and that of actually being a d**k.

At any rate, I pride myself in not being biased...unlike so many of you Koscheck defender's seem to be. So unless someone can show me this revelating picture...showing this so called eye poke by Johnson...I call BS. The whole thing! The rolling on the ground holding his eye for an entire minute...followed by another 4 minutes of doctor's and ref's in his corner...holding his eye and squinting for the camera's. The eye wasn't blurry looking or even watering. You'd never see Chuck Liddell or Randy Couture pulling something like that. Very unprofessional.

As far as Johnson then getting poked in the eye (TWICE within 1 minute), that seems too coincidental to me. Especially coming from someone of Koscheck's character.

For those that say Koscheck choked Johnson out fair and square, let's have you get jabbed in the eye twice (pain and vision difficulties) and see how well you are able to defend yourself. That's why it's not allowed. It was a BS win, and anyone that says differently is full of it!

At the risk of getting booted, I'm upset with the UFC over this as well. These obvious issues were not publically addressed at all. In fact, when they finally showed the rerun of the fight on Spike...ALL of the controversial minutes of the fight were edited out. To me, that speaks volumes as to where the UFC sits on this matter...trying to hide it.

Let's not forget the issue of 2 octagon girls losing their jobs after making the same observations of his garbage during an off the record interview. His reponse on Twitter when asked about them getting fired...and I quote, "They were dog s**t anyway".

On top of this, they awarded Koscheck 2 fight bonuses totally $140,000...that for most of us would be like winning the lottery!

So yes, I am still choked about these issues...putting Koscheck at the bottom of my s**t list. And seeing that the UFC didn't address this matter, I hope Daley punishes him for such unsportsmanlike behavior. If that happens, perhaps Johnson can get a rematch for what I consider to be unfinished business.

Agreed. I think Koscheck was shaken by the punishment from Johnson so he used the excuse to recover so he wouldn't lose..or at least have another chance at winning.

As for Koscheck poking Johnson..it was absolutely intentional. Go watch that fight..you CLEARLY see...Koscheck throw a "jab" with his fingers completely splayed...palm toward the ground...presenting all his fingers points...RIGHT AT EYE LEVEL!!!

If that wasn't intentional I don't know what is. At best it's gross negligence and should someone like that be competing in MMA if they are that inept?

As you mentioned judging from Koschecks character...this doesn't surprise me.

Cheers

-DR

Kos is an a**hole...

Anyway..

Kos got some wrestling skills but is far to one dimentional for any of the top contenders.. Unless he grows some major striking power or a better chin he should not ever be the nr 1 contender.

the problem for Kos was that everybody though he was the **** when he started and therfore he never developed like other fighters have.. And now he is paying the price...

1. Kos DID develop BIG time since TUF.

2. If he wasn't poked in the eye, why would he poke him BACK? If it was an intentional retaliation, that tryly sucks altho i can name few fights where things like that happen with groin shots especially. Still it sucks, i admit. BUT i don't think that poke in the eye ever turned tables in a fight. It pisses you off but you get few minutes to recover and you're back on track so quit whining about Kos winning cuz of the eye poking. Especially with a rear naked choke!

3. Slightly off topic, i think Paulo Thiago is an incredible fighter and i can see him in a near future as a title contender. Dude has surgical hands, KO power and a great BJJ skills that we still didn;t get to see cuz he is too effective with his striking and nobody tried to take him down.

4. Whatever some of you say, Kos DOES deserve a title shot. How would a rematch with GSP go, i have no idea, anything could happen but still it would be a fair thing to give Kos that opportunity. If Kos would manage to take him down, he would be able to win.

Cheers

Also' date=' regarding Ipso_Facto's comment:

If UFC didn't do anything regarding GSP being illegally greased up with Vaseline, they will FOR SURE not even consider doing anything about eye poking in Kos vs Johnson fight.

P.S. Check this out:

Cheers[/quote']

That video shows no conclusive evidence that GSP was greasing up. Yes it shows a vaseline bottle and yes it shows the guy rubbing his back but I've seen so many trainers give their fighter a pat or rub on the back. People need to stop with this greasing ********! There's lot's of evidence showing Kos poke Johnson in the eye, no evidence of GSP greasing so please stop crying because GSP beat the f u c k out of Penn

Archived