Which Division do you Think is the Deepest???

Technique

Poll coming soon!

Here's my list of top fighters in each division. You may not agree but i would be open to your thoughts.

Curious how you would rank the divisions based on these lists or your own.

Heavyweight

Brock

Mir

Carwin

Big Nog

Velasquez

JDS

Cro Cop

Buenetello

Kongo

Gonzaga

Todd Duffee

Light Heavyweight

Machida

Rua

Anderson Silva

Forrest

Rampage

Evans

Bader

Jon Jones

Couture

Coleman

Franklin

Liddell (we will see)

Lil Nog

Thiago Silva

Brandon Vera

Middleweight

Anderson Silva

Belfort

Marquart

Sonnen

Belcher

Wanderlei

Akiyama

Bisping

Cote

Maia

Okami

Welterweight

GSP

Hardy

Semtex

Kos

Rumble

Fitch

Alves

Paulo Thiago

Swick

Kampman

Sadollah

Saunders

Sanchez

Hughes

Serra

Lightweight

BJ

Edgar

Florian

Gomi

Dunham

Griffin

Guida

Sherk

Sotiropolous

Joe Stevenson

Stout

My Rankings are:

1) Light Heavyweight. 2)Welterweight. 3) Middleweight. 4)Lightweight. 5)Heavyweight

Agreed but once I started putting the list together the divisions are more stacked than I realized.

The hard thing about this is the current champs in 3/5 divisions. Yes there are a lot of good LW, WW and MW but how many are truly contenders for the current champs.

LHW has shown that the top 5-6 are all top contenders and there is no one that has shown to be dominant yet. LHW is for sure the most competitive division.

I see it as : LHW,WW,LW,MW,HW for deepness of the division.

LHW,HW,WW,MW,LW For competitiveness and chance for a title change.

The hard thing about this is the current champs in 3/5 divisions. Yes there are a lot of good LW' date=' WW and MW but how many are truly contenders for the current champs.

LHW has shown that the top 5-6 are all top contenders and there is no one that has shown to be dominant yet. LHW is for sure the most competitive division.[/quote']

Thats a great point. The level of competition in the LHW division is much closer together than the other divisions where you have one guy miles ahead and everyone else clustered together in a pack.

The hard thing about this is the current champs in 3/5 divisions. Yes there are a lot of good LW' date=' WW and MW but how many are truly contenders for the current champs.

LHW has shown that the top 5-6 are all top contenders and there is no one that has shown to be dominant yet. LHW is for sure the most competitive division.[/quote']

Makes sense. LHW is stacked.

it has to be lhw by a million miles the top ten is always changin and so is the handler of the belt so...but it's al going to stop since the p4p best has the belt now.

Haha we will see. It will be no easy task to keep the belt and how can he be the P4P best if he barely escaped a decision victory over Rua in his first title defense. Not very dominant if you ask me.

Easily light heavy. LHW is also the only division that I see that doesn't have a champion that isn't miles ahead of the contenders in either physical ability' date=' or skill, or both.[/quote']

This seems to be the deciding factor but if you look past the champs in those divisions there is a decent amount of guys with similar competitive skills. In WW GSP is miles ahead of everybody else but there seems to be a lot of guys that will win against each other on any given night.

LHW-MACHIDA, RUA, LIL NOG

WW-GSP, FITCH, ALVES

MW-SILVA, BELFORT, NATE THE GREAT.

LW-BJ, GOMI, KENFLO

HW-BROCK, MIR, CARWIN, NOG

LHW is def the strongest division right now. there is a lot of talent in this company but not as stacked as light heavyweight right now. i am really excited to see gomi vs kenflo in the lightweight division.

LHW has shown that the top 5-6 are all top contenders and there is no one that has shown to be dominant yet. LHW is for sure the most competitive division.

I see it as : LHW,WW,LW,MW,HW for deepness of the division.

LHW,HW,WW,MW,LW For competitiveness and chance for a title change.[/quote']

A great post. +100

Archived