Title Contention for Hughes/Gracie

Hossack

“Plus, Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie is a clash between two legends who each have a lot on the line in this fight. The winner adds another great name to his list of victims and gets right into the title hunt.”

Taken from the article about the ufc 112 card.

I like Hughes, and Renzo is far better than Royce (who Matt previously beat)... but i don't see either of them making it back up to the title, and far from winning the title.

?Plus' date=' Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie is a clash between two legends who each have a lot on the line in this fight. The winner adds another great name to his list of victims and gets right into the title hunt.?

I like Hughes, and Renzo is far better than Royce (who Matt previously beat)... but i don't see either of them making it back up to the title, and far from winning the title.[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....A win will NOT put them in a title picture, I'm sorry. Both of these guys will get mauled by top tier WWs

?Plus' date=' Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie is a clash between two legends who each have a lot on the line in this fight. The winner adds another great name to his list of victims and gets right into the title hunt.?

I like Hughes, and Renzo is far better than Royce (who Matt previously beat)... but i don't see either of them making it back up to the title, and far from winning the title.[/quote']

They will be as much in the title picture as the winner of Couture vs Coleman. Its all just hype.

I think when people hear " a win puts him in the title picture" they are not reallizing how big that picture is!

Honestly, given the difficulty in winning consistantly against any opponents, any win puts the winner in the title picture. The days of dominant/ unbeatable champs is coming to a close. There will be fewer and fewer stellar type win-loss records in the future just due to the increasing competitive level of MMA. Every win is a big win!

Archived