UFC Commentators...

forgivemyhonesty

Fire Rogan and Goldballs.

Rogan = bias

Goldberg = mental deficiency. he is what some people will one day call "retarded"

get Bas and Randy (when randy retires... in 10 years).

lame first post? probably.

Yeah, worst first post. Lol.

I dont mind Rogan at all, hes a 10th planet jiu-jitsu dude who knows his ****, and can explain all the ground stuff pretty well. Yes, hes biased a bit, but it doesn't show too much in the commentary, hes usually just explaining wtf is happening on the ground, or how fighters are going in standup.

Goldberg is just like, what should he be doing, Joe? Doesn't contribute as much to the commentary, but its good to have two different personalities instead of two know it all, explain it all guys.

Does it matter anyway who is commentating.

i would think so, in that they must have commentators for a reason and not just because payroll doesn't have enough cheques to sign... but if that's how you feel, then fire them and let the action speak for itself.

not everyone is so well versed with mma as to completely understand what is happening while it happens. jiu jitsu can be very confusing to someone not familiar with the sport, would you not agree? i personally don't train in any form of mma and have learned about jiu jitsu and submission fighting from doing my homework on the internet. not everyone else will be so eager to learn that way.

i just think it'd be nice to have either A) someone with experience or B) an intelligent voice (ideally both) discussing the action.

Yeah' date=' worst first post. Lol.

I dont mind Rogan at all, hes a 10th planet jiu-jitsu dude who knows his ****.[/quote']

i didn't realize rogan was that well versed. i assumed he knew what was going on, that much is evident. perhaps i'll never get over his Fear Factor days... it's hard to take someone seriously who makes people eat ********* for money, haha

i would think so' date=' in that they must have commentators for a reason and not just because payroll doesn't have enough cheques to sign... but if that's how you feel, then fire them and let the action speak for itself.

not everyone is so well versed with mma as to completely understand what is happening while it happens. jiu jitsu can be very confusing to someone not familiar with the sport, would you not agree? i personally don't train in any form of mma and have learned about jiu jitsu and submission fighting from doing my homework on the internet. not everyone else will be so eager to learn that way.

i just think it'd be nice to have either A) someone with experience or B) an intelligent voice (ideally both) discussing the action.[/quote']

Does it matter anyway who is commentating.

Meaning it could be anyone talking...i don't see the need to get rid of Rogan and Goldberg because of your own personal dislike for them. Rogan does know his stuff. Goldberg is used for Rogan to bounce off of. They could be other people commentating...like Kalib Starnes or Cecil Peoples. Do you want that instead?

I like Rogan and Goldberg. Also enjoy when Kenny Florian does a guest appearance or Couture. But I think the team of Rogan and Goldberg make the shows interesting. While Rogan sometimes comes across a little goofy, he does that on purpose. Joe is very in touch with his fans through the UG and through his own web site. A lot of the goofy stuff is playing to the fans that talk to him before the shows.

I laughed my butt off the first time he smacked Goldie in the head during the wrap up. That was a direct shout out to some fans that saw a clip of him smacking his own head and dared him to do it to Goldie. I mean, the guy is a comedian after all. But also very knowledgeable about BJJ and MMA as has been mentioned.

Bad thread man

Joe Rogan has good things to say about the fighters and he knows his crap. Every oppertunity he gets to train or spar with a fighter he does. And goldberg, well he definetly deosn't know as much as rogan but he's a hard core mma fan an been with the ufc forever I hope these guys commentate forever, don't get me wrong I like other guys to join them like florian, mir, and couture to name a few fighters who commentate very well

That link was awesome!

Goldie: Tito taking a book out of Chuck's chapter! LMFAO!

But yes, the two of them do compliment each other very nicely and their chemistry is second to none as far as MMA commentating goes.

Also this cannot be the worst first post ever, it had an Anchorman reference so that automatically bumps it up a notch.

i've read some good arguments as to reasons joe rogan is a good commentator. i still think that it is crucial for commentators to be neutral in their announcing, it's just professional. and with so many people complaining about rogan's bias, i think it hurts his integrity as an announcer.

however, saying goldberg is a big fan and has been around for a long time therefor should announce isn't particularly convincing. and if he's been around so long, why is he always screwing up?

i'm ready to let this thread die now.

Archived