More Weight Divisions?

jytymy

I did a search for this topic and couldn't find one, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone else feel that there should be more weight divisions, specifically a Super Heavyweight division? And possibly even a division above that.

To me, it doesn't make sense that lightweight has a range of 10lbs (145-155lbs), welterweight has a 14 lb range (156-170) as does the middleweight division, the light-heavyweight division has a 19 lb range (186-205), and then the heavyweight division has a 60lb range!!!!!! I dunno, I think another weight class is long over due cause you have oafs like Lesnar just steamrolling over everyone. That's why Couture dropped down to Light Heavyweight.

I think there are far too many divisions as there is. There should be 3 imo. HW' date=' MW and LW.[/quote']

+10000000000000 for you my freind...

however if they add more weight classes it will piss off a lot of people because they will think oh theyve gone and become like boxing 47 different weight classes so if you eat a cookie you gain a weight class and if you fart you drop three

I did a search for this topic and couldn't find one' date=' so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone else feel that there should be more weight divisions, specifically a Super Heavyweight division? And possibly even a division above that.

To me, it doesn't make sense that lightweight has a range of 10lbs (145-155lbs), welterweight has a 14 lb range (156-170) as does the middleweight division, the light-heavyweight division has a 19 lb range (186-205), and then the heavyweight division has a 60lb range!!!!!! I dunno, I think another weight class is long over due cause you have oafs like Lesnar just steamrolling over everyone. That's why Couture dropped down to Light Heavyweight.[/quote']

no.

cut to 205 or fight at heavyweight

i wanna see the batamweights and that in the ufc

if they're gonna crate a new weight class, make 195 and possibly 210, make it easier on the ehavy weights

no.

cut to 205 or fight at heavyweight

i wanna see the batamweights and that in the ufc

if they're gonna crate a new weight class' date=' make 195 and possibly 210, make it easier on the ehavy weights[/u']

This, the only weight classes I'd be on board with would be 186-195 Super Middle, which would change Light HW to 196-209, and add Cruiserweight 210-235, HW 236-265

8 pound difference? guys can cut 8lbs in a night that shouldnt be a weight class

I think you need to work on your math.

He basically made a 195, 209, and 235 lb divisions. You look at the upper limits. 209-195=14lbs

234-209=25lbs

I don't know where you got 8 lbs.

Even 195-185=10lbs.

Too many weight classes would weaken each division and create too many 'jumpers' imo.

I would like to see a 205-235 divison though because some LHWs and HWs would move to it without leaving either original division hurting for talent. For the lighter divisions (BW, FW) there is already the WEC, which should remain separate from UFC.

I prefer the current weight division. But If changes should be made it must have a basis, like UFC must conduct a survey on US and check whats the common distribution of weight majority in the pupoulation, but survey must only be conduct at men aging 20-44 almost same range with UFC fighters. From there they can derived the wight division.

Why shouldn't there be weight classes added? Athletes keep getting bigger and bigger, and I'm not talking about steroid use. It's the result of better diet and medicine (and, of course, sports medicine).

I think this would be a good time to add a weight class to the top end. In fact, it might make sense to start thinking about adding two.

It might be a "fair" idea to cut the HW division at 235... But i just do not see it happening.. The HW division is based on knock out power or wrestling.. It have over the years had champions at both the top and bottom of the scale.. The only fighter EVER who is to big (and has some skils is brock)..

So NO, i do not think there should be a split.. At least not until more "weight-monsters" joins the UFC.. If we get a situation where brockclones rules the division without being hurt then it might be a point in this.. For now its not worth it..

Archived