Rush

TrueGrit

For as long as i have been watchin the UFC i have never really grasped on to GSP..I think he is good dont get me wrong but I have never really seen him in a true fight..Im not tryin to bash him..I think if him and anderson fought he would get jacked up..

When i was watchin UFC 100 i was gettin irritated at watchin him fight alves..one cause i wanted alves to win but the real reason is when he was in his corner and his guys were tellin him not to take the other guy down and GSP was actin a lil ****y about it..If anyone remembers that it would help..

Is he a true champion?

For as long as i have been watchin the UFC i have never really grasped on to GSP..I think he is good dont get me wrong but I have never really seen him in a true fight..Im not tryin to bash him..I think if him and anderson fought he would get jacked up..

When i was watchin UFC 100 i was gettin irritated at watchin him fight alves..one cause i wanted alves to win but the real reason is when he was in his corner and his guys were tellin him not to take the other guy down and GSP was actin a lil ****y about it..If anyone remembers that it would help..

Is he a true champion?

Why would you not consider him a true champion? He's cleaned out (for the most part) arguably the deepest division in MMA. He hasn't lost a round since the first Serra fight.

Rounds:

Alves fight - 5-0 GSP

Fitch fight - 5-0 GSP

Penn fight - 4-0 GSP then BJ quit

Serra fight - 2-0 GSP then TKO

Hughes fight 2-0 GSP then Submission

Koscheck fight 3-0 GSP

21-0 in his last 6 fights

Yeah i can see why you don't consider him a true champion . You've never seen him in a true fight because he literally picks people apart. Just because people aren't challeging you doesn't ditract from the fact that he IS a true champion, a great ambassador to the sport and top 3 P4P fighters in the world.

Why would you not consider him a true champion? He's cleaned out (for the most part) arguably the deepest division in MMA. He hasn't lost a round since the first Serra fight.

Rounds:

Alves fight - 5-0 GSP

Fitch fight - 5-0 GSP

Koscheck fight 3-0 GSP

Yeah i can see why you don't consider him a true champion . You've never seen him in a true fight because he literally picks people apart. Just because people aren't challeging you doesn't ditract from the fact that he IS a true champion' date=' a great ambassador to the sport and top 3 P4P fighters in the world.[/quote']

But he hardly finishes a lot of fights..I mean BJ was freakin dead tired but GSP didnt TKO him or KO him..same goes for fitch and alves..

Rounds:

Alves fight - 5-0 GSP

Fitch fight - 5-0 GSP

Koscheck fight 3-0 GSP

Yeah i can see why you don't consider him a true champion . You've never seen him in a true fight because he literally picks people apart. Just because people aren't challeging you doesn't ditract from the fact that he IS a true champion' date=' a great ambassador to the sport and top 3 P4P fighters in the world.[/quote']

+1

How on earth could he be overrated?

He's easily one of the best fighters ever! No one can touch him.

All I hope is that he doesn't go wrestle for the Canadian Olympic team and continues to fight in the UFC cause I think he's bound to match Andersen Silva's winning streak.

But he hardly finishes a lot of fights..I mean BJ was freakin dead tired but GSP didnt TKO him or KO him..same goes for fitch and alves..

He has 19 wins. 8 by KO/TKO and 5 submissions. So 13 out of 19 wins he stopped the other guy vs 6 decisions. Ya hardly ever.

And despite what you think, having a guy not answer the bell for rd 5 is a TKO stoppage.

BJ couldn't FINISH the fight, therefore GSP FINISHED him and as another poster said he's finished more fighters than he hasn't finished.

Look at the poll numbers 14-0 for him not being overrated, that's GSP type numbers and a sign of a true champion in most peoples minds

overrated, ima go with probly not. His fights across the board havent been that exciting to me, his losses have been quick not epic battles, and a larger number than i care for of his wins have been lay on em beatdowns, the takedowns are good hard lookin takedowns but it gets kinda boring after that. His first bout with BJ was a war, cant believe it doesnt get more props as one of the best fights ever, cause ppl say its controversial I guess is why, but for what it is it was still a battle between the best. But all that doesnt change the fact that his wrestling is so good that he makes other good wrestlers, matt hughes/Kos look like freshmen in highschool, and when he actually wants to stand up hes strong there too and nobody is gonna out work him. Too methodical maybe, overrated not a chance.

there is also the fact that he has beaten BJ twice(yeah yea he's a LW but he's a LW who has fought at LH so sod off with that arguement) beaten HUGHES twice and proved the serra thing was a fluke by fecking destroying the guy,has avenged in style both losses on his record.

he is now the best WW in the world and will be the best WW of all time.

motivator559591f01c235151b23085ad2b.jpg[/img]

there is also the fact that he has beaten BJ twice(yeah yea he's a LW but he's a LW who has fought at LH so sod off with that arguement) beaten HUGHES twice and proved the serra thing was a fluke by fecking destroying the guy' date='has avenged in style both losses on his record.

[img']http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/aethlefirth/motivator559591f01c235151b23085ad2b.jpg[/img][/img]

+ infinity

there is also the fact that he has beaten BJ twice(yeah yea he's a LW but he's a LW who has fought at LH so sod off with that arguement) beaten HUGHES twice and proved the serra thing was a fluke by fecking destroying the guy,has avenged in style both losses on his record.

Bj actuall fought Lyoto Machida at HW

GSP has consistently fought the best fighters in the world. Always looking to challenge himself and always trying to improve. He wants to work on getting more KO's for the fans and he has succeeded at everything he has set his mind to. I wouldn't be surprised to see him KO hardy.

Not being able to finish fitch or Alves is just a testament to the level of competition. He has avenged both loses and only fought top competition no other fighter can say that.

there is also the fact that he has beaten BJ twice(yeah yea he's a LW but he's a LW who has fought at LH so sod off with that arguement) beaten HUGHES twice and proved the serra thing was a fluke by fecking destroying the guy' date='has avenged in style both losses on his record.

Bj actuall fought Lyoto Machida at HW[/quote']

i thought so but doubted myself and went with LH i stand corrected sir

Rounds:

Alves fight - 5-0 GSP

Fitch fight - 5-0 GSP

Koscheck fight 3-0 GSP

I agree with everything except the part where you say that the division is argueably the deepest division in the UFC , I beleive from top to bottom it is the least deepest division

I agree with everything except the part where you say that the division is argueably the deepest division in the UFC ' date=' I beleive from top to bottom it is the least deepest division[/quote']

May not be the deepest but certainly not the least deep. HW is probably the least Deep. I can see why you might say that because GSP is so far ahead of his competition but there are some good guys there:

Rumble

Kos

Hardy

Semtex,

Kampman

Swick

Fitch

Alves

Sadollah

Saunders

Serra

Hughes

Paulo THiago

Thats just off the top of my head there are probably others. I don't think you could call that shallow

Is he a true champion?

Clearly an MMA noob..

I agree with everything except the part where you say that the division is argueably the deepest division in the UFC ' date=' I beleive from top to bottom it is the least deepest division[/quote']

Joe Rogan knows alot about MMA and he says that WW and LHW are the deepest divisions and i agree with Technique in the following post. Those fighters are no joke.

May not be the deepest but certainly not the least deep. HW is probably the least Deep. I can see why you might say that because GSP is so far ahead of his competition but there are some good guys there:

Rumble

Kos

Hardy

Semtex' date='

Kampman

Swick

Fitch

Alves

Sadollah

Saunders

Serra

Hughes

Paulo THiago

Thats just off the top of my head there are probably others. I don't think you could call that shallow[/quote']

And a bunch of up and comers as well with Johnny Hendrix, Rory Macdonald, John Hathaway who are all undefeated

GSP's the best in the world P4P and would kick A. Silva's ****. and who they hell thinks he's boring? as i recall he finish Matt Hughes for the iterim, finished Matt Serra for the undisputed, got Fight of the Night against Fitch, finished BJ and made him quit, and almost finished Alves (especially if he wouldnt've hurt his groin)

Is he a true champion?

Why is it you dont post this sort of nonsence about anderson silva, its hilarious, there's so many haters on GSP that its just a farce. What fight has GSP been in that has been dull?, what fight have you ever watched that the crowd boo'd because of no action? I bet you cant name any, he gets you to the ground and then beats your head in with elbows and hammerfists, he's knocked out Matt Hughes, he kneed Serra into submission, he knocked out Jay heiron, he choked out Frank Trigg, he beat the coconuts outta BJ penn, WHAT fight has he done thats been a snoozer?? Not to get off topic but did you watch the Thales Leitus fight vs Anderson S. , after that fight, there should have been giftcards given back to the fans for such a terrible performance on both of their parts, absolutely NO ACTION what so ever, but yet YOU NEVER see any posts bashing on the spider, hell you rarely EVEN see posts on A.silva, what is the differnce between the 2? .. A.silva is a great fighter but man i've never seen the likes of it about the haters on GSP, where are the bashing posts about A. silva backing out of his fights, or even that last fight with forrest, cmon , that looked like forrest was on sedatives , he was throwing bricks, I like forrest as well but if thats what you call an action filled fight, you need to re-examine your thought process on MMA. How can you seriously sit there and ask such a dumb question " is he a true champion?" he's beat EVERYONE in the division, where's the questions come in , are you upset that he's not american? are you mad that he doesnt slander the guys he fights? I'm just not sure where you even get the thought of questioning his abilities, ..maybe you should do a search and watch his early fights in the UFC, he both punches and kicks his way into title contention, the wrestling throws have become more dominant only in the last 3-4 fights, beginning with the regaining of the title, with serra, and since its one heck of a weapon, and NOBODY has a counter to it, why WOULDNT you keep doing what keeps you successful...so like seriously before you ask asinine questions, do some research.

Why is it you dont post this sort of nonsence about anderson silva' date=' its hilarious, there's so many haters on GSP that its just a farce. What fight has GSP been in that has been dull?, what fight have you ever watched that the crowd boo'd because of no action? I bet you cant name any, he gets you to the ground and then beats your head in with elbows and hammerfists, he's knocked out Matt Hughes, he kneed Serra into submission, he knocked out Jay heiron, he choked out Frank Trigg, he beat the coconuts outta BJ penn, WHAT fight has he done thats been a snoozer?? Not to get off topic but did you watch the Thales Leitus fight vs Anderson S. , after that fight, there should have been giftcards given back to the fans for such a terrible performance on both of their parts, absolutely NO ACTION what so ever, but yet YOU NEVER see any posts bashing on the spider, hell you rarely EVEN see posts on A.silva, what is the differnce between the 2? .. A.silva is a great fighter but man i've never seen the likes of it about the haters on GSP, where are the bashing posts about A. silva backing out of his fights, or even that last fight with forrest, cmon , that looked like forrest was on sedatives , he was throwing bricks, I like forrest as well but if thats what you call an action filled fight, you need to re-examine your thought process on MMA. How can you seriously sit there and ask such a dumb question " is he a true champion?" he's beat EVERYONE in the division, where's the questions come in , are you upset that he's not american? are you mad that he doesnt slander the guys he fights? I'm just not sure where you even get the thought of questioning his abilities, ..maybe you should do a search and watch his early fights in the UFC, he both punches and kicks his way into title contention, the wrestling throws have become more dominant only in the last 3-4 fights, beginning with the regaining of the title, with serra, and since its one heck of a weapon, and NOBODY has a counter to it, why WOULDNT you keep doing what keeps you successful...so like seriously before you ask asinine questions, do some research.[/quote']

Its just Bj fanboys still upset with GSP kicking Bj's ****. Don't stress man.

GSP is not overrated. He is p4p #1. The guy is a beast! He dominates everyone he fights.

He is the #1 champ in the UFC. Compare all the UFC champions records! Look who GSP has fought.

I agree. I laughed a little at the irony of your post though. Your name is Overrated and your avatar is GSP and your posting in a thread that is asking if GSP is Overrated. Got to enjoy the little things.

Its just Bj fanboys still upset with GSP kicking Bj's ****. Don't stress man.

Haha your right, I just get tired of constantly seeing the same ol same ol askin silly questions, I would love to see A.silva and GSP fight, I think GSP is a great fighter, and i dont think i would put huge amount of money on either guy, they both are wicked tough and have their strengths and weakness's, It would by far be the super fight of the century thats for sure. I still laugh at all the crap from the BJ camp saying now he's on HGH , etc, I realy cant wait to see if BJ moves up to WW for a few matches against lets say Fitch or Thiago Alves, .. I kno BJ is skilled but I think it'll just prove once and for all he's the LW champ for a reason.

Haha your right' date=' I just get tired of constantly seeing the same ol same ol askin silly questions, I would love to see A.silva and GSP fight, I think GSP is a great fighter, and i dont think i would put huge amount of money on either guy, they both are wicked tough and have their strengths and weakness's, It would by far be the super fight of the century thats for sure. I still laugh at all the crap from the BJ camp saying now he's on HGH , etc, I realy cant wait to see if BJ moves up to WW for a few matches against lets say Fitch or Thiago Alves, .. I kno BJ is skilled but I think it'll just prove once and for all he's the LW champ for a reason.[/quote']

You are right on about GSP/Anderson Silva, Biggest Super fight ever! This fight will happen! I think within the next year. Going to be crazy.

Bj's camp..blah blah blah, they are all excuses. Instead of learning from the loss and helping Bj learn from it they have tried every excuse known. Its all BS! You are right, once Bj moves back up to WW he will lose to any top 5 WW. I just laugh at all the delusional fans. Bj is the most talented 155. BUT there is a HUGE jump to WW and he can't cut it there. Simple as that.

You are right on about GSP/Anderson Silva' date=' Biggest Super fight ever! This fight will happen! I think within the next year. Going to be crazy.

Bj's camp..blah blah blah, they are all excuses. Instead of learning from the loss and helping Bj learn from it they have tried every excuse known. Its all BS! You are right, once Bj moves back up to WW he will lose to any top 5 WW. I just laugh at all the delusional fans.[/quote']

lol I give the guy props for his abilities (Penn) in LW but man i swear if his size was as big as his mouth he'd be larger than Brock Lesner lol .

He has 19 wins. 8 by KO/TKO and 5 submissions. So 13 out of 19 wins he stopped the other guy vs 6 decisions. Ya hardly ever.

And despite what you think' date=' having a guy not answer the bell for rd 5 is a TKO stoppage.[/quote']

Well said.

No serious MMA fan with any actual knowledge of the sport or appreciation of MMA talent, skill and athleticism would ever foolishly question whether or not George St. Pierre is a "true champion".

But he hardly finishes a lot of fights..I mean BJ was freakin dead tired but GSP didnt TKO him or KO him...

It's fairly difficult to finish someone when they quit in order to avoid being finished. GSP completely and utter dominated and humiliated Penn. He made BJ look like he didn't have any business being in the octagon with him. I used to consider myself a fan of BJ Penn but his ridiculous pre-fight "to the death" trash talk combined with his post-fight nonsense demonstrated a serious lack of character and heart.

It's fairly difficult to finish someone when they quit in order to avoid being finished. GSP completely and utter dominated and humiliated Penn. He made BJ look like he didn't have any business being in the octagon with him. I used to consider myself a fan of BJ Penn but his ridiculous pre-fight "to the death" trash talk combined with his post-fight nonsense demonstrated a serious lack of character and heart.

Your right. BJ QUIT!

^^This.

Anytime you get to see the second best p4p fighter in the world fight it's not boring and I like how people just forget about his fight with Fitch - one of my favorite fights of all time. He submitted Hughes twice' date=' stopped Serra, nearly KO'd Fitch half a dozen times, and if BJ wouldn't have thrown in the towel GSP would have finished him too.[/quote']

^This. People need to recognize.

Archived