Interview - Gabriel Gonzaga talks Dos Santos, Brock Lesnar and sickening nutshot

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=interview---gabriel-gonzaga-talks-dos-santos-brock-lesnar-and-sickening-nutshot

One-time UFC heavyweight title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga is looking to get back into title contention and a second shot at the belt currently held by Brock Lesnar. At UFC 109 he faces fellow Brazilian hardcase Junior Dos Santos and the winner of the fight is going to see their stock rise strongly in the heavyweight division. We caught up with Napao to see what he?s up to:

In your last fight, you gave Chris Tuscherer a real beating after he took a hard shot in the groin and was actually puking. Do you feel bad for beating him up so hard after that kick in the balls, or is just business? Did you speak to Chris afterwards?

I felt bad for that kick in the groin, nobody wants to do that. It was an accident and I apologized for that. But after that, I had to keep the concentration and come back like nothing happened and try to give my best! I did not have a chance to talk with him after that but I hope the best for him in his next fights.

Didn't see the fight but what can you say. If Chris wanted to continue to fight than it's his call if anyone's to blaim for continuing to fight it's him. I listened to his interview about how the ref/doctor wouldn't tell him how the fight would be awarded if he chose not to continue to fight. I have mixed emotions on that. If he's told he would win obviously he's more than likely to say he can't continue if he could so.......... just a tough call to make.

Can't blame Gonzaga for finishing him though imho.

I like Gonzaga and think he was robbed against Randy and his illegal headbutt. He also came within a whisker of exposing the great fraud that is Shane Carwin and just got caught by a lucky punch.

As for taking on Brock for the title, I would like to see him get the chance but can see no way he could beat Brock (save for the same kick that effectively ended Cro Cops career).

Yeah, I think he had the better of Carwin and the ref could have stopped the fight and call is for Gabby and nobody would have complained (Not saying he should have, just that he could have). I did say Carwin's punch was lucky (I still think it was), but it was a good lucky punch that looked to be thrown out of desperation (so Kudo's to Carwin for weathering the storm).

So yes I would like a rematch there. As i think that fight proves nothing for Carwin other than he has a suspect chin and a strong punch 9which we already knew about).

Archived