Tito Ortiz: "Thank God he (Chuck) found sobriety, and I'm proud of him"

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=tito-ortiz-guarantees-to-be-physically-ready-for-chuck-liddell-expects-same-from

"Thank God that (UFC president) Dana (White) gave [Liddell] an intervention, and he's sober now," Ortiz said. "He's been sober since November, and he looks like a different person. It's awesome. I'm proud of him ? really proud of him. A lot of people can't do that. I kind of went through that myself, but I looked in the mirror and I realized that wasn't the life I wanted to lead.

"I'm proud he's found sobriety. A lot of fighters, and a lot of people in general, don't do that. They fall off the face of the earth, and sometimes they'll find them in a hotel, dead, or behind a wheel, dead. Thank God Chuck isn't one of those guys. Thank God he found sobriety, and I'm proud of him ? very proud of him."

I think it's pretty obvious that Tito doesn't want this fight. He got beat bad twice probably still has nightmares about it.

He made his return after Lidell retired. Now that Lidell is back i think Tito is rethinking his decision. He has already started making excuses that he might be too injured when the fight rolls around.

I personally don't think tihs fight will happen.

Knowing how Chuck feels about Tito Ortiz I have to assume that hearing this steaming pile dung commenting publicly on his personal life and using Chucks misfortune to boost his own tattered image will provide even more motivation to smash his d-bag face in.
You may be right. Alcoholism is a very personal issue. This is the first I've heard of it, myself. Has Chuck come forward about this?

If Tito Ortiz just blew Chuck Liddell's anonymity with this press statement, then that's despicable.

You may be right. Alcoholism is a very personal issue. This is the first I've heard of it' date=' myself. Has Chuck come forward about this?

If Tito Ortiz just blew Chuck Liddell's anonymity with this press statement, then that's despicable.[/quote']

I think its all hype. But hey Chuck could be an alcoholic I just have never even heard it mentioned before. As far as anonymity goes if Tito isnt in a program than there isnt any anonymity. Too bad Tito's on crack.

If it's true' date=' then Chuck Liddell's abrupt fall from grace makes a lot more sense. Maybe he actually will make a comeback![/quote']

This... I have dealt with substance abuse problems in my past and I can definitely see a pattern during his fall from grace that certainly fits the profile of someone with a substance abuse problem.

Knowing how Chuck feels about Tito Ortiz I have to assume that hearing this steaming pile dung commenting publicly on his personal life and using Chucks misfortune to boost his own tattered image will provide even more motivation to smash his d-bag face in.

I hope you r right bro.i saw chuck fight in montreal vs rua,and would love to erase that memory.

Archived