DREAM 13 confirmed for March 22nd

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=dream-13-confirmed-for-march-22nd

Japanese organisation DREAM has announced that its first event of 2010 will take place on Monday March 22nd at the Yokohama Arena.

The event - DREAM 13 - will possibly play host to Murilo ?Ninja? Rua, brother of UFC light-heavyweight Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua. Eduardo Alonso, who manages both brothers, said recently that he was in talks with DREAM about adding Ninja to the card.

I'm fine with Dream being every two months. They don't have the roster to support more than this, plus with only 6 or 7 cards a year they can really make them blockbuster. Now, if they combined with WVR they could pull off 12 cards a year. However, I like less events but quality cards. I feel that the UFC suffers from over saturation and we get watered down cards.

I'm fine with Dream being every two months. They don't have the roster to support more than this' date=' plus with only 6 or 7 cards a year they can really make them blockbuster. Now, if they combined with WVR they could pull off 12 cards a year. However, I like less events but quality cards. I feel that the UFC suffers from over saturation and we get watered down cards.[/quote']

dream stage entertainment own deep so it wouldn't be a problem merging them, also WVR are aparently struggling money wise so there could be a possible buyout and a big enough promotion to rival ufc as good as pride did back 'int day

dream stage entertainment own deep so it wouldn't be a problem merging them' date=' also WVR are aparently struggling money wise so there could be a possible buyout and a big enough promotion to rival ufc as good as pride did back 'int day[/quote']

Even if they did merge, I doubt it would be anywhere near rivaling the UFC. They have great talent at the lighter weights but they lack the talent at any of the heavier weights. Their hope is to continue their relationship with Strikeforce and utilized their fighters for those heavier weights. They need to obtain some upcoming talent and help develop them into their future stars. They also need to hope that the Japanese mma scene makes a comeback to what it use to be in the old Pride days. The loss of Ishi really hurt the mma scene there.

If he would have come out and dominated Yoshida he would have built a ton more interest in him. Unfortanetly, it showed how unskilled his standup is. I hope he can get into a good camp and really develop his skills.

Archived