More strange sightings in the Northern Skies...

Kevbo_Jones

Just mere months after a sighting that had the Russian military claiming failed missle launch to cover up a strange phenomina in the northern sky, another has surfaced. The article tries to lead one to believe it is a camera malfunction, but doesn't go as far as to rule that the cause completely. I am of the school of thought that we're not alone in this universe. With more strange sightings popping up more frequently could we be on the verge of discovering we're not alone?

http://news.discovery.com/space/aurora-mystery-solved.html

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always believe we're not alone considering the vast universe, however, I am skeptic when it comes to people claiming they have witnessed ufo's or have been abducted. I don't know if this picture is real or a hoax, but somewhere out there, there is bound to be life. A big part of me wants to believe and yet a big part of me says use your scientific reasoning before jumping to conclusions.

I have always believe we're not alone considering the vast universe' date=' however, I am skeptic when it comes to people claiming they have witnessed ufo's or have been abducted. I don't know if this picture is real or a hoax, but somewhere out there, there is bound to be life. A big part of me wants to believe and yet a big part of me says use your scientific reasoning before jumping to conclusions.[/quote']

Correct, but there is a duplicate siting of the same thing from an amateur photographer in a different location. I just find it hard to believe it is the reflection of a satellite. If that was the case, you would be able to go outside and naked eye site satelittes in the sky. That is not the case. Plus the other photograph from a different angle of the same thing pretty much rules out a camera phenominon

Have you heard of parallel universe crossing over to our universe when there is strong electromagnetic forces? Have you seen the picture of the Brontosaurs or Locness monster? Some researchers believe when strong electromagnetic forces are present, it sort of opens a window to parallel universes, which could explain some of these pictures.

Correct' date=' but there is a duplicate siting of the same thing from an amateur photographer in a different location. I just find it hard to believe it is the reflection of a satellite. If that was the case, you would be able to go outside and naked eye site satelittes in the sky. That is not the case. Plus the other photograph from a different angle of the same thing pretty much rules out a camera phenominon[/quote']

With that being said, we can conclude it is not a camera trick and that something is there. But what it is, I am not going to assume it's alien. For all we know, this could have been planned.

Just mere months after a sighting that had the Russian military claiming failed missle launch to cover up a strange phenomina in the northern sky' date=' another has surfaced. The article tries to lead one to believe it is a camera malfunction, but doesn't go as far as to rule that the cause completely. I am of the school of thought that we're not alone in this universe. With more strange sightings popping up more frequently could we be on the verge of discovering we're not alone?

http://news.discovery.com/space/aurora-mystery-solved.html[/quote']

Maybe they are coming back for Fedor!!!

If aliens have the technology and capability to travel this far to observe us' date=' it would be very difficult for our primitive technology to detect them....and that would explain the rare sitings. Hmm[/quote']

You only think that we're that primitive. After all we only know what we're told by the education systems, the governments, and the media.

Have you heard of parallel universe crossing over to our universe when there is strong electromagnetic forces? Have you seen the picture of the Brontosaurs or Locness monster? Some researchers believe when strong electromagnetic forces are present' date=' it sort of opens a window to parallel universes, which could explain some of these pictures.[/quote']

Someone has been watching too much Lost lately. ;)

Season 6 starts on Tuesday b*tches!! :P

I doubt that the object in the sky was alien. I'm a believer that were not alone in the universe.

If there was a space-faring race that had that kind of technology, they would obviously have the intellect and the means to not be detected by us. For the amount of so called sighting that spring up everyday, it is hard to believe almost any of them.

And what the public knows if very far behind what the government and the "secret" agencies know. An example is that the public is usually 12 years behind in what technology is being produced. So what we are seeing now coming out on the markets with all the new-generation state of the art technology was really created back in the late 90's. There is 12-year lag from when something is made to when it is made available to the public.

I doubt that the object in the sky was alien. I'm a believer that were not alone in the universe.

If there was a space-faring race that had that kind of technology' date=' they would obviously have the intellect and the means to not be detected by us. For the amount of so called sighting that spring up everyday, it is hard to believe almost any of them.

And what the public knows if very far behind what the government and the "secret" agencies know. An example is that the public is usually 12 years behind in what technology is being produced. So what we are seeing now coming out on the markets with all the new-generation state of the art technology was really created back in the late 90's. There is 12-year lag from when something is made to when it is made available to the public.[/quote']

Right, but these 2 sitings have photographic evidence, hilljobbers in Kentucky claiming "I seen a UFer" do not.

Military technology is actually said to be 30 years in advance of what is issued in the field.

Not at that time' date=' no. I believe that was just for publicity to appear superior to the USSR. I do think we have been there since then though.[/quote']

I havent seen any photo or video proof of it yet. I think the moon's gravity is too minute for landing; plus the terrain has been bombarded by too many meteors. It would be like trying to land on a mountain side.

Just mere months after a sighting that had the Russian military claiming failed missle launch to cover up a strange phenomina in the northern sky' date=' another has surfaced. The article tries to lead one to believe it is a camera malfunction, but doesn't go as far as to rule that the cause completely. I am of the school of thought that we're not alone in this universe. With more strange sightings popping up more frequently could we be on the verge of discovering we're not alone?

http://news.discovery.com/space/aurora-mystery-solved.html[/quote']

This is some military top secret thing, I do not believe at all that aliens exist.

This is some military top secret thing' date=' I do not believe at all that aliens exist.[/quote']

Yet another example of your close-mindedness... You think your God created a vast array of millions of other planets and didn't try another "experiment" like he did on Earth with human beings?

BTW, I fully expected you to say it was an angel or some crap like that...

How can you say that given the vast universe? Whether or not we have been vistited is another story' date=' but to say their is no other life forms in the universe is rather like Kevbo put it, closed minded.[/quote']

You cannot see them, you cannot touch them, heck you cannot even smell them.

Yet another example of your close-mindedness... You think your God created a vast array of millions of other planets and didn't try another "experiment" like he did on Earth with human beings?

BTW' date=' I fully expected you to say it was an angel or some crap like that...[/quote']

Angels cannot be seen by the human eye. I do not feel like this is close mindedness, i just do not think aliens exist

Earth is not the center of the universe. Earth is but a speck in the infinite universe.

Which draws me back to one statement you made about the earth and how perfect it has to be to sustain life.

Everything will eventually have balance. Things and creatures that do not fit well with "balance" are the first to disappear or become extinct. How does this relate to the earth? When earth first started orbiting around our sun, it did not have life because conditions havent been met. In time, the conditions gradually change to favor life and therefore electricity was able to excite amino acids.

Its not thorough but you see the point.

its certainly possible and considering the scale of the universe' date=' likely. the distances are so great though so we might never know.[/quote']

So until we see one, we can pretend by faith that they exist.

not-funny-pictures-cat-abducted-aliens.jpg

Do you think the earth had exactly the same orbit now as it did when it first got caught in the sun’s gravitational pull. I imagine not. Infact, I am sure it did not. Over time, the gravitational pull smooth out the earth’s orbit. Today it is still not smooth out completely as it is on an ecliptic orbit or whatever it is called.

So let me get this straight, the guy that believes in an omnipotent holy being that lives in the sky, that a Jewish carpenter was crucified then raised from the dead, that someone was able to stay alive in a fish's stomach for an extended period of time, that every animal in the world lived within a stone's throw of Noah's house and were able to survive under the care of 8 people on a boat for 30 days and nights, that a man turned water into wine and multiplied a single loaf of bread into many without making more, that all humans on the planet orginated from a one man and a woman fashioned out of one of his ribs and were subsequently thrown out of paradise because a talking snake convinced them to eat a forbidden apple, can't believe aliens exist because he's never seen one??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

This is by far the most hypocritical thing I have seen you post Fast.

So let me get this straight' date=' the guy that believes in an omnipotent holy being that lives in the sky, that a Jewish carpenter was crucified then raised from the dead, that someone was able to stay alive in a fish's stomach for an extended period of time, that every animal in the world lived within a stone's throw of Noah's house and were able to survive under the care of 8 people on a boat for 30 days and nights, that a man turned water into wine and multiplied a single loaf of bread into many without making more, that all humans on the planet orginated from a one man and a woman fashioned out of one of his ribs and were subsequently thrown out of paradise because a talking snake convinced them to eat a forbidden apple, can't believe aliens exist because he's never seen one??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

This is by far the most hypocritical thing I have seen you post Fast.[/quote']

The point was kevbo, I do not agree with the logic and reasoning that says I believe in aliens and at the same time say I do not believe in God. Neither has been seen by us and yet you seem to find it easy to believe in aliens. That was all I was saying, so let us get back on topic. lol

Do you think the earth had exactly the same orbit now as it did when it first got caught in the sun?s gravitational pull. I imagine not. Infact' date=' I am sure it did not. Over time, the gravitational pull smooth out the earth?s orbit. Today it is still not smooth out completely as it is on an ecliptic orbit or whatever it is called.[/quote']

I think the Earth's orbit is pretty stable now. It is eliptical becaue the planets around us squish our orbit.

I think the Earth's orbit is pretty stable now. It is eliptical becaue the planets around us squish our orbit.

Thank you GA.

Fast mention that everything was in perfect harmony, and all I wanted to say was it wasnt, but over time it had to be. Most things that are not in harmony are either destroyed or has become extinct. Harmony is a natural phenomena.

Thank you GA.

Fast mention that everything was in perfect harmony' date=' and all I wanted to say was it wasnt, but over time it had to be. Most things that are not in harmony are either destroyed or has become extinct. Harmony is a natural phenomena.[/quote']

I think harmony became extinct when humans came to be.

The point was kevbo' date=' I do not agree with the logic and reasoning that says I believe in aliens and at the same time say I do not believe in God. Neither has been seen by us and yet you seem to find it easy to believe in aliens. That was all I was saying, so let us get back on topic. lol[/quote']

I think the point is that, while our satelites and telescopes have found physical planets and star systems where alien life could possibly exist, no amount of anything at all has found pearly gates.

Thank you GA.

Fast mention that everything was in perfect harmony' date=' and all I wanted to say was it wasnt, but over time it had to be. Most things that are not in harmony are either destroyed or has become extinct. Harmony is a natural phenomena.[/quote']

I don't know anyone who has any extensive knowledge of nature and science that would say Earth exists in a state of perfect harmony. I, myself would describe nature more as beautiful chaos.

I think the point is that' date=' while our satelites and telescopes have found physical planets and star systems where alien life could possibly exist, no amount of anything at all has found pearly gates.[/quote']

Hey, someone got what I was saying. Well done. One of the driving forces behind supporting religion is that most people cannot come to grasps with their own mortaility, hence the thought of living an eternity in Paradise after dying. Another common misunderstanding is the lack of the ability to comprehend just how vast the universe actually is, which leads one to an egocentric belief that we are the only things that exist that have emotion and intelligence because it easier to think about whats around you than seek answers that may take effort and lead you to something that would require you to not think about your own life.

I don't know anyone who has any extensive knowledge of nature and science that would say Earth exists in a state of perfect harmony. I' date=' myself would describe nature more as beautiful chaos.[/quote']

Well, obviously we are not in harmony with any other creatures on this earth. All plants and animals are in harmony with its ecosystem except us. If there are critters out of sync with the ecosystem, we are more than likely the reason for their inharmonious lifestyle. If you considered the many species that have thrived the earth....eventually harmony will set in and an ecosytem will take place.

I'm not sure you agreed with me so I decided to elaborate.

Just to add, I dont think everything is in perfect harmony, certainly not with us around. But for the most part, harmony does set itself within all ecosystem.

I think the point is that' date=' while our satelites and telescopes have found physical planets and star systems where alien life could possibly exist, no amount of anything at all has found pearly gates.[/quote']

i just dont get it. why is it that athiests are incapable of talking about any random topic without trying to pull it into an attack on christianity. so you dont believe, thats fine, im not gonna badger you about it, its your life and your choice so why should i feel the need to give you my two cents even when you didnt ask for it?to say christians spend hours of thier life on something thats not tangible, then waste hours of your life trying to prove that god doesnt exist. kinda ironic isnt it?

its really quite simple for those who dont get it. faith is believing in something you can not physically touch or see. so what point are you making to someone who has faith when you say "hey, all them telescopes floatin around in that there space aint seen heaven yet." do you get my point? the other aspect is simple too. IF you believe that there was a creater to all things in this universe, do you really think it would be hard for that creator to keep himself from view? if you dont believe that he exists, then you will give him nothing more then human traits and then riducule the idea of it. no, there isnt a HUMAN that could have created all things. no there isnt a human that could build a kingdom that we couldnt see even with a telescope. but we arent talking about a regular human. its really quite simple, either you believe or you dont. it doesnt really matter either way, neither will convince each other, so why constantly take the jabs and try to insight a senseless arguement online for days on end, just let it go and talk about the original topic.

yes i do think aliens exist. i believe that it is part of the human condition to believe that we are the supreme beings and if we dont know about it, then it must be false. however i think there are far stretches that exist in this universe as we speak that a single person has yet to even comprehend.

i just dont get it. why is it that athiests are incapable of talking about any random topic without trying to pull it into an attack on christianity. so you dont believe' date=' thats fine, im not gonna badger you about it, its your life and your choice so why should i feel the need to give you my two cents even when you didnt ask for it?to say christians spend hours of thier life on something thats not tangible, then waste hours of your life trying to prove that god doesnt exist. kinda ironic isnt it?

its really quite simple for those who dont get it. faith is believing in something you can not physically touch or see. so what point are you making to someone who has faith when you say "hey, all them telescopes floatin around in that there space aint seen heaven yet." do you get my point? the other aspect is simple too. IF you believe that there was a creater to all things in this universe, do you really think it would be hard for that creator to keep himself from view? if you dont believe that he exists, then you will give him nothing more then human traits and then riducule the idea of it. no, there isnt a HUMAN that could have created all things. no there isnt a human that could build a kingdom that we couldnt see even with a telescope. but we arent talking about a regular human. its really quite simple, either you believe or you dont. it doesnt really matter either way, neither will convince each other, so why constantly take the jabs and try to insight a senseless arguement online for days on end, just let it go and talk about the original topic.

yes i do think aliens exist. i believe that it is part of the human condition to believe that we are the supreme beings and if we dont know about it, then it must be false. however i think there are far stretches that exist in this universe as we speak that a single person has yet to even comprehend.[/quote']

It got brought up because a member who has been outspoken about his staunch faith in his religion and how true it is, said he doesn't believe in other intelligent life because he can't see or touch them, and then goes on to take a pot shot by saying it's ridiculous that one could believe in aliens before they believe in God. That is a textbook example of hypocrisy.

i just dont get it. why is it that athiests are incapable of talking about any random topic without trying to pull it into an attack on christianity. so you dont believe' date=' thats fine,[b'] im not gonna badger you about it[/b], its your life and your choice so why should i feel the need to give you my two cents even when you didnt ask for it?to say christians spend hours of thier life on something thats not tangible, then waste hours of your life trying to prove that god doesnt exist. kinda ironic isnt it?

I think the problem is that many people have been badgered. Where I live, the anti-gay marriage people make all kinds of noise, the Jahova Witnesses are at my door most weekends, and the guy at 7-11 insists that I listen to him read the bible every time I see him (I just want a pack of smokes!!).

With that said, I do like most of the Christians I meet. My grandma is one, and she is the best person in the world.

i love the depth that religions have...

God is all powerful so he's capable of hiding himself

God created the universe in X way but he cleverly left misleading evidence

You have to have faith in god cause he doesn't want to prove himself

If you truly believe then god will be revealed to you only

Blah blah blah...

Guys..

When no one is looking at me, and I'm not looking at myself, I'm invisible.

God and aliens are two different subjects in this sense.

Aliens would be other lives than ourselves, one point is that WE OURSELVES exist, which is why there is a real possibility that OTHER LIFE (aliens if you wish) can exist.

We also have observed our own life, planet and reality (to whatever means we can) and the cosmos that we exist in. This includes other systems where other life could exist. It's entirely possible that life HAS existed which doesn't anymore.

I will agree that I do not believe that 'aliens' exist. I believe that it is possible.

The point was kevbo' date=' I do not agree with the logic and reasoning that says I believe in aliens and at the same time say I do not believe in God. Neither has been seen by us and yet you seem to find it easy to believe in aliens. That was all I was saying, so let us get back on topic. lol[/quote']

No..the two are not remotely comparable.

Belief in the possibility (though in reality)...the PROBABILITY of other life in the universe is NOT an act or matter of FAITH.

Precisely because belief in "aliens" IS a matter of LOGIC and REASONING.

Whereas belief in the biblical god is a mockery of logic and reasoning.

Why do people say "aliens" exist? You can create a LIST of LOGICAL and OBSERVABLE and QUANTIFIABLE reasons why.

1. We are "Alive" Therefore "life" exists. It is a KNOWN phenomenon in the universe.

2. The essential "building blocks" of life are present throughout the universe. Carbon, water, heat etc...

3. The Universe is VAST. Therefore there are innumerable opportunities for a similar condition, such as our own to manifest.

Those three things there if you educate yourself on the various subjects this discussion entails are sufficient evidence to conclude that there is a high probability that life exists elsewhere in the universe. I'm just psyched because all it will take is ONE. I repeat ONE single celled organism of extra-terrestrial origin to be discovered...and boom...you've got enough evidence to conclude that there are likely MILLIONS or BILLION or TRILLIONS of other forms of life in the Universe.

With belief in the biblical god all you've got is "faith" which basically amounts to.."I wanna"

and that isnt winning any arguments.

Cheers

-DR

No..the two are not remotely comparable.

Belief in the possibility (though in reality)...the PROBABILITY of other life in the universe is NOT an act or matter of FAITH.

Precisely because belief in "aliens" IS a matter of LOGIC and REASONING.

Whereas belief in the biblical god is a mockery of logic and reasoning.

Why do people say "aliens" exist? You can create a LIST of LOGICAL and OBSERVABLE and QUANTIFIABLE reasons why.

1. We are "Alive" Therefore "life" exists. It is a KNOWN phenomenon in the universe.

2. The essential "building blocks" of life are present throughout the universe. Carbon' date=' water, heat etc...

3. The Universe is VAST. Therefore there are innumerable opportunities for a similar condition, such as our own to manifest.

Those three things there if you educate yourself on the various subjects this discussion entails are sufficient evidence to conclude that there is a high probability that life exists elsewhere in the universe. I'm just psyched because all it will take is ONE. I repeat ONE single celled organism of extra-terrestrial origin to be discovered...and boom...you've got enough evidence to conclude that there are likely MILLIONS or BILLION or TRILLIONS of other forms of life in the Universe.

With belief in the biblical god all you've got is "faith" which basically amounts to.."I wanna"

and that isnt winning any arguments.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

well said

Archived