Nate Diaz's chances at WW

Illuminati1988

Hello everyone. I just joined the site. Was curious to see how you guys feel about Nate Diaz's future. I personally enjoy watching him fight, his ground game is very exciting. His stand up, however, isn't the greatest. He doesn't really possess any power in his hands. Now that he's decided to move up to WW and fight even stronger guys, how do you feel he'll do against the fighters in the deep 170 weight division. Which top 10 fighters can you see him beating?

Hello everyone. I just joined the site. Was curious to see how you guys feel about Nate Diaz's future. I personally enjoy watching him fight' date=' his ground game is very exciting. His stand up, however, isn't the greatest. He doesn't really possess any power in his hands. Now that he's decided to move up to WW and fight even stronger guys, how do you feel he'll do against the fighters in the deep 170 weight division. Which top 10 fighters can you see him beating?[/quote']

Welcome to the forums. With Diaz I just don't know. He could do well but I don't think that he will do as well as his brother, but for the time being I don't see him beating any top 10 fighters just yet.

Hello everyone. I just joined the site. Was curious to see how you guys feel about Nate Diaz's future. I personally enjoy watching him fight' date=' his ground game is very exciting. His stand up, however, isn't the greatest. He doesn't really possess any power in his hands. Now that he's decided to move up to WW and fight even stronger guys, how do you feel he'll do against the fighters in the deep 170 weight division. Which top 10 fighters can you see him beating?[/quote']

He is no threat at 170. Not a top 10. He will get demolished by any top 5 WW.

I do not understand this move at all.... He has no power or takedown ability.... So he moves up to fight bigger stronger guys... No one in the WW division will be worried about his striking so they wont take him to the ground which is the only chance he has... He needs to lay off the weed....

I actually enjoy watching both the Diaz brothers fight. Their trash talking ways (even during the fight) amuse me :) Nate won't do any serious damage at WW, but there are still a couple fights I wouldn't mind seeing E.g. Nate vs Ricardo Almeida (Sick jiujitsy guys), Nate vs Amir Sadollah would be fun to watch as well.

Nate diaz is having problems existing in all 3 dimensions let alone trying to be competitive in a extremely talented WW division.

If he could put on about 20LBS of muscle then maybe he might get a few more points in his win column...and that maybe.

I got sick and tired of Nate Diaz starving himself to victory because he always had a GOOD reach advantage at LW(6+inches). But without that reach advantage and his lack of punching power.....That will spell serious trouble for him.

I think he should do fine. The WW division has a lot of good wrestlers that he can make tap. But there are also a couple of people who can knock him out. I just don't see him being strong enough to handle these guys though. I know he cuts to get to LW but the guy isn't really a physically specimen. He should just be working on his stand up and strength.

I think he should do fine. The WW division has a lot of good wrestlers that he can make tap. But there are also a couple of people who can knock him out. I just don't see him being strong enough to handle these guys though. I know he cuts to get to LW but the guy isn't really a physically specimen. He should just be working on his stand up and strength.

The wrestlers in the welterweight division are going to have a field day with this guy. There is no way he is going to submit any of the top wrestlers in this weight class as they have too much strength and power for him.

All this move to welterweight is doing is delaying the inevitable which is Diaz receiving his walking papers.

But all of this is just speculation. Who knows maybe it will revive his career if he is able to gain some muscle mass and ditch his current Jack Skellington body.

I actually enjoy watching both the Diaz brothers fight. Their trash talking ways (even during the fight) amuse me :) Nate won't do any serious damage at WW' date=' but there are still a couple fights I wouldn't mind seeing E.g. Nate vs Ricardo Almeida (Sick jiujitsy guys), Nate vs Amir Sadollah would be fun to watch as well.[/quote']

This guy is like my mini me lol

I do not understand this move at all.... He has no power or takedown ability.... So he moves up to fight bigger stronger guys... No one in the WW division will be worried about his striking so they wont take him to the ground which is the only chance he has... He needs to lay off the weed....

Actually I think he needs to keep smoking it. That dude is skinny. He needs an appetite.

Honestly he should've been fighting at 170 to begin with. Nate's 6 feet tall, and has arms as long as a monkey (77" reach).

As stated earlier, he has no standup. He basically ***** slaps his opponent all throughout the round, raises his hands in the air, thinking that he has won a standup war, when he hasn't (Sorry but Gray knocked his butt down 3 times in their fight, and all Nick could do is point out the scratches on Gray's face, from him clawing at his eyeballs).

He's got really good BJJ, probably even better then his brother from what i've seen of Nick in the UFC. The problem he is going to run into his his lack of wrestling skills. He has a great chin, so he can soak up damage to get the takedown, but he's going to run into much larger opponents then when he fought at LW. Case in point Gray, who is a big LW, probably weighs around 176lbs. during fight time. Compare that to someone like Anthony Johnson, who has weighed as much as 200lbs. come fight time. Yep, he's gonna need to gain some serious weight, and really start thinking about seeing a striking coach, cause as far as I know, he's never knocked out anybody.

no he needs to smoke more

Archived