If Bader gets by Jardine does that rank him above Jones?

CarlLane

I live in the world of what ifs when it involves the UFC and MMA that's what makes researching the sport so much fun. Say Ryan Bader beats Keith Jardine, does that rank him above Jon Jones and if so/not where does it put him seeing as these two guys are a couple of the top prospects at 205?

Jardine sucks..... Jones is gonna smoke almost everyone. I'd like to see him against Anderson Silva NOW... at any weight between 185 and 205. Sorry to get off topic, as for the question here, ummmmm, like Buds said "the winner of Bader/Jardine should take on the winner of Vera/Jones". EDIT: Jones is gonna destroy Vera.... EASILY!!!

Interesting question.

I think Jardine has fought consistently better competition in recent years than Vera has.

So a win over Jardine I think is a ticket into the deep end of the 205 division. Big fight for Bader.

Whereas Vera is a solid guy no doubt and a win over him would be big for Jones.

But as far as rankings go I'd say a win over Jardine puts you higher up the ladder than a win over Vera does.

That said. I think Jones would probably beat Bader. And I think it would be a good matchup if they both won their upcoming fights.

Cheers

-DR

I do not see him getting by Jardine' date=' but if he does I think Jones and Bader should fight, assuming Jones beats Vera, which is anything but definite. [/quote']

yeh my first thoughts are that jardine wins. bader is actually bookies favourite atm tho. will see.

big picture, i think jones is going further than bader

Interesting question.

I think Jardine has fought consistently better competition in recent years than Vera has.

So a win over Jardine I think is a ticket into the deep end of the 205 division. Big fight for Bader.

Whereas Vera is a solid guy no doubt and a win over him would be big for Jones.

But as far as rankings go I'd say a win over Jardine puts you higher up the ladder than a win over Vera does.

That said. I think Jones would probably beat Bader. And I think it would be a good matchup if they both won their upcoming fights.

Cheers

-DR

You forgot to mention that Jardine Actually beat Vera albeit via split decision.

I think that Jon Jones will be a champ sometime in the next couple of years and think he should be ranked above Bader despite the 6-12 downward elbow DQ

i am sorry but john jones would murder bader. He will be champ at 205 as soon as he gets his shot and then will enslave the entire crop of 205ers for a few years. Did anyone see how he dismantled hammil and hammil is no walk over he is a tough dude.

Thats funny... Jones did nothing until it hit the mat. And Hammil beat who??? NOBODY

Thats funny... Jones did nothing until it hit the mat. And Hammil beat who??? NOBODY

He's still a tough SOB anyway. And he has the disadvantage of not being able to hear his corner give him advice.

Ya ever meet the guy? He's pretty intimidating. But i bet most professional fighters are.

And he did beat Bisping.

that's what we are here for' date=' i'm sure Dana has a guy who has an assistant who has a brother that reads these forums and reports back :P[/quote']

Well, here goes another 7.00/usd, ... if Bader loses to Jardine, then he needs to get a frickin' job ... Jardine is the epitome of a can . He's a nip-ple tweaking .. techno-viking .. one-dimensional LOSER ... period !

... he's not over the hill, he's under it ....

P.S.- Doomer .. forget the 3.50 this time, its on me ... ( I needed to vent, Ahhhhh ! ) :)

Definitely puts him in the top 10' date=' but I don't know where he stands with Jon Jones.

Maybe the winner of Bader/Jardine should take on the winner of Vera/Jones.[/quote']

Actually I only want to see this matchup if Bader and Jones wins...otherwise...Vera/Bader or Jones/Jardine....who give a F***?

I'd love to see Jones vs Jardine' date=' it would answer a lot of questions about all the hype.[/quote']

Well he answered it all in his last fight...the guy can fight, is very elusive and creative.

Actully the ''Hype'' you are talking about came after his win because he was so damn impressive against Hamill.

There is no point for him to fight Jardine, yeah it maybe be interesting on the ''fan side'' of it, but for him as a fighter , he want to get to that belt, an a win over Jardine would be like...yeah he beat jardine and everybody would say Jardine is past his prime and has a glass chin and bla bla bla.

I really think the fight against Vera will be a huge steping stone for him. I see him fight Franklin-Bader-or Lil nog/Griffin winner.

Well he answered it all in his last fight...the guy can fight' date=' is very elusive and creative.

Actully the ''Hype'' you are talking about came after his win because he was so damn impressive against Hamill.

There is no point for him to fight Jardine, yeah it maybe be interesting on the ''fan side'' of it, but for him as a fighter , he want to get to that belt, an a win over Jardine would be like...yeah he beat jardine and everybody would say Jardine is past his prime and has a glass chin and bla bla bla.

I really think the fight against Vera will be a huge steping stone for him. I see him fight Franklin-Bader-or Lil nog/Griffin winner.[/quote']

If you use that argument though then you can make the argument why is he fighting vera, Jardine beat vera so beating vera wont prove anything.

And dont get me wrong I like Jones, I think he will be really good, but you have to admitt some people are already worshipping him lol, and yea I would like to see him fight the winner of Griffin/Lil Nog, and if Bader decisively beats Jardine then Jones vs Bader would be good too.

Then again why is he fighting VERA?

Jardine has fought more and beat better competition than vera has' date=' so yea it would prove more if he beat jardine than vera (also jardine beat vera)[/quote']

Because the guy has to fight someone...and Vera as some skills

Fighting Jardine after fighter Vera make no sence for him cause Jardine is rank after Vera..like I've said, the guy want to get to that belt, so when he beat an opponent, his next one need to be a greater one.

Because the guy has to fight someone...and Vera as some skills

Fighting Jardine after fighter Vera make no sence for him cause Jardine is rank after Vera..like I've said' date=' the guy want to get to that belt, so when he beat an opponent, his next one need to be a greater one.[/quote']

Ok I agree with you here. I think he needs to fight someone better than Jardine/Vera if he beats Vera. I think now though Jardine vs Jones would be better than Vera vs Jones, but you're right Jardine was already fighting and Jones needs to fight someone.

Ok I agree with you here. I think he needs to fight someone better than Jardine/Vera if he beats Vera. I think now though Jardine vs Jones would be better than Vera vs Jones' date=' but you're right Jardine was already fighting and Jones needs to fight someone.[/quote']

Just saw you signature...purely sentimental...btw how do you make a signature ?!?

Just saw you signature...purely sentimental...btw how do you make a signature ?!?

Yea purely sentimental' date=' he isn't the best, but respectable. Heck I'd love to decide when I'm in my mid 20's that I want to fight professionally and without any professional fighting experience or any martial arts training before I started make it to the ufc in a few years, I think that was pretty impressive.

And you go to [b']settings[/b] up above the thread page on that grey bar with forum, search, calendar, messages, and settings. It should take you to the page where you can edit your profile, change your signature and avatar, etc.

if bader beats jardine it does make him a legitimate threat in the 205lbs division but it definitelty does not rank him above Jones. Jardine has turned into a bit of a gatekeeper at this weight and Bader has the style to beat him with his wrestling background. Jardine's got an underrated ground game but I am sure he would prefer to stand rather than have Bader on top.

I think Jon Jones already is threat in this division as proven by a dominate win over Bonnar and in the fight against Hamill which he dominated before the dq. From what I have seen so far I think Jones is going to be a future champ at 205lbs and I wouldn't put it past him doing it sooner rather than later. Vera is a great challenge at this stage and if he wins I would love to see him step up another level and fight someone like Rashad Evans.

if bader beats jardine it does make him a legitimate threat in the 205lbs division but it definitelty does not rank him above Jones. Jardine has turned into a bit of a gatekeeper at this weight and Bader has the style to beat him with his wrestling background. Jardine's got an underrated ground game but I am sure he would prefer to stand rather than have Bader on top.

I think Jon Jones already is threat in this division as proven by a dominate win over Bonnar and in the fight against Hamill which he dominated before the dq. From what I have seen so far I think Jones is going to be a future champ at 205lbs and I wouldn't put it past him doing it sooner rather than later. Vera is a great challenge at this stage and if he wins I would love to see him step up another level and fight someone like Rashad Evans.

... is this "THE Dave Parker" ... the NL 1978 MVP & two-time batting champion ?

... welcome to the forum you old pirate !

Archived