James Toney

JoeyReno

This mother ****er is joke and the fact he thinks he belongs on a stage with our top HWs almost makes me **** myself.I think Dana should make a one fight deal with Toney against the best BJJ player we have at HW and make that punk SCREAM for his momma!I respect him as a boxer but in our world you cant just lay on the side and counter when you opponent can put you on your back and grip your neck until your eyes pop out.I wish the UFC would put on a haters PPV... all the folks that think they can own MMA fighters( scrubs that have a big name but dont deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence)against our top 5.Mir would make Toneys arm sound like my favorite breakfast.... snap crackle pop... your ****in joke.

im torn by this cus i want to see how a high caliber boxer would fair in the ufc of course in the standing aspect before i have 1,000ppl givens speeches to me. but then again im also against it cus we are still in the fight of building the sport to a good image in the public eye and bringing in an already proven juicer is not good exposure

I'd LOVE to see Mayweather v Penn. THAT **** would be sick. The only danger would be if Penn let his ego get in the way and he tried to strictly box with him. I think he'd do well and wouldn't get destroyed in the standup...but come on...boxing and hands is Mayweathers world..one dimension..it's ALL he's ever had to learn to be good at.

But if BJ went in as if it were any other MMA fight...and used his tools like he should he would EMBARASS floyd...I'd take him to the ground...but I wouldn't submit him if I were BJ...I'd take him down...and beat on him for a few rounds then finish him off with elbows he'll never forget.

Cheers

-DR

My problem with this is toney's weight, he should not fightat heavyweight anyway he just likes his food. Back at his best weight of 168-175 it would of been good. Nobody would knock him out lets face it in any division. But i think it would just be the kimbo slice vs roy nelson fight again where he doesnt know what to do.

I believe that James Tony, not just because of his winning ways in boxing but also because of his boxing style, would do as well as any top level striker or grappler trying to convert to mma. Lesnar, Pulver, Maia, etc. The great ones, in many cases were the dominant competitors in their first sport/martial art (BJ, Lesnar, Carwin.) Not being able to adapt to mma is usually a result of guys having the wrong style such as gi training (Royce-Hughes, and all of the gi judo japs.) James boxing style is perfect for mma. Since Pulver and a young Cro Cop mma hasn't had a top level striker try to convert like the grapplers have, and I think that James Tony with a little work on ground defense would be as dangerous, if not more dangerous, than a young Cro Cop with his take down D or a Pulver with his submission D.

http://www.mmamafia.net/videos-media-news/ufc-videos/3932-james-toney-qim-the-real-ultimate-fighterq-video.html

Dont know much about him other than he acts like an ******.

Dana should just put some cash on the table and lets do this ****.

Toney VS Lesnar would be nice but i like kimbo and would love to see him put toneys lights out or at least let him KO toneys annoying buddy (on his left)

I hope this doesn't come across as racist but I have a question. I live in a place that doesn't have many black folks and the few that we do have don't act like that. I always assumed that the clich? movie black guys were not an accurate portrayal of the urban African American, but then I see this and I think jeeeesus, is that for real? Do people really act that way?

So do they? Is that typical?

I hope this doesn't come across as racist but I have a question. I live in a place that doesn't have many black folks and the few that we do have don't act like that. I always assumed that the clich? movie black guys were not an accurate portrayal of the urban African American' date=' but then I see this and I think jeeeesus, is that for real? Do people really act that way?

So do they? Is that typical?[/quote']

i think there are many types of people that act many types of ways.

i know more white people than black people that act like james toney

I hope this doesn't come across as racist but I have a question. I live in a place that doesn't have many black folks and the few that we do have don't act like that. I always assumed that the clich? movie black guys were not an accurate portrayal of the urban African American' date=' but then I see this and I think jeeeesus, is that for real? Do people really act that way?

LMAO, HAHAHA. Ok, this is off topic but I'll respond. I live in Orchard Park which is about 20 minutes from the city of buffalo. In the city, yes, most black guys do kind of act like that. But where I am in Orchard Park, the few black folks we have do not. They are very well spoken, intelligent, and educated people. The way people act, and speak has a lot to do with where they grow up, education, etc. But it's not just black people, it's all people. If I go into the city, the white guys are all acting the same way.

i think there are many types of people that act many types of ways.

i know more white people than black people that act like james toney

Oh c'mon...don't give me the standard pansy politically correct answer. Give me some dirt! Let it all out! I've seen Spike Lee movies' date=' I know you people have some serious [i']issues [/i]deep down inside :)

LMAO' date=' HAHAHA. Ok, this is off topic but I'll respond. I live in Orchard Park which is about 20 minutes from the city of buffalo. In the city, yes, most black guys do kind of act like that. But where I am in Orchard Park, the few black folks we have do not. They are very well spoken, intelligent, and educated people. The way people act, and speak has a lot to do with where they grow up, education, etc. But it's not just black people, it's all people. If I go into the city, the white guys are all acting the same way.[/quote']

Wow...your country sounds like it sucks :(

There was no joke to be missed.

If your cities are full of clich? thugs and wannabe gangsters (of all colours) then that sounds like a country that would suck.

lol, in that case, yes you're correct. My country sucks. But at least we know how to spell "color". jk, I know that's how you guys roll.

What UFC fighter would really look forward to stepping into the octogon with James Toney? Sure, he's all standup, and we all know what that means. But we're talking about James Friggin Toney.

Everybody, indluding Dana White, laughed out loud at the idea of Kimbo Slice fighting against a UFC opponent. But consider how afraid Houston Alexander obviously was when he fought against Kimbo in his first UFC fight. That was due to Kimbo's obvious power and ability to deliver knockouts. In the case of James Toney, multiply that by about a hundred.

The answer to my question is no one with a UFC career on their hands would want to risk stepping into the octogon against James Toney. If Toney does get a shot, it'll be against someone fairly new or someone fairly desparate.

That really wasn't what this thread was about to begin with,so lets all just stick to the subject.

Let's not forget a washed up 40+ year old boxer won against a former UFC HW champion. I'd like to see Toney get a few cans to fight' date=' of course, if it went to the ground, it'd be over.[/quote']

In about 10 seconds no less. Anyone who writes off a former boxing champion as a can is kidding themselves. MMA fighters aren't that great. Sure you have a top teir fighter like GSP, A. Silva, BJ Penn, or Fedor go against them and of course the boxer will lose, and I would bet the farm on the fact that the MMA fighter would take it to the ground as fast as possible. If not they'll just be another Tim Sylvia. Boxers work their entire lives perfecting their hands, head movement, and punching angles. There isn't a single MMA fighter that is as skilled as a top level boxer in the punching striking game. Sorry to break it to you, but there are none. A lot people seem to forget that a lot of the top teir boxers were fighters long before they were boxers. Mike Tyson for instance would've murdered people in MMA during those days. He was scrappy as **** and if you stood with him with 4 oz gloves you may die.

LOL at the people that write off Mayweather Jr. too. If he fought BJ and BJ didn't immediately try to take it to the ground he would pay for it. i know people get on BJ's nuts about how great his boxing is, but his boxing is amateur hour in comparison. Anyone saying any different is delusional.

Hey...don't you dare imply that I'm British!

What an insult!

They're just Americans with bad teeth :)

Stereotypes are bad, I didn't imply anything, I insulted you. You implied people from the UK have bad teeth. Why do you have to be so offensive to people from the UK? And America? You must be French, insulting and pompous as hell, but when confronted go cower under a coffee shop, whimper then surrender.

Or you are just a troll (Not much better than being French), if that's the case, hello troll, I'm trolling you troll, how does it feel to be trolled as a troll, you would think one bright enough to troll would be bright enough to know when he's being trolled.

What UFC fighter would really look forward to stepping into the octogon with James Toney? Sure' date=' he's all standup, and we all know what that means. But we're talking about James [i']Friggin [/i]Toney.

Everybody, indluding Dana White, laughed out loud at the idea of Kimbo Slice fighting against a UFC opponent. But consider how afraid Houston Alexander obviously was when he fought against Kimbo in his first UFC fight. That was due to Kimbo's obvious power and ability to deliver knockouts. In the case of James Toney, multiply that by about a hundred.

The answer to my question is no one with a UFC career on their hands would want to risk stepping into the ring against James Toney. If Toney does get a shot, it'll be against someone fairly new or someone fairly desparate.

Ok well who would be a good opponent(from UFC)? As i said i don?t know much about him other than people saying hes good but i cant imagine hes unbeatable?

Or you are just a troll' date=' if that's the case, hello troll, I'm trolling you troll, how does it feel to be trolled as a troll...[/quote']

So it's a troll-off you're after is it? Okay then, I'll troll your brains out! I'll troll you so hard your nose bleeds! I troll you so hard that you walk bowlegged for a week!

Bring it on :)

So it's a troll-off you're after is it? Okay then' date=' I'll troll your brains out! I'll troll you so hard your nose bleeds! I troll you so hard that you walk bowlegged for a week!

Bring it on :)[/quote']

That's amature hour man, nose bleeds? Bowlegged? LMAO. Hit me up with something a little better than that. I mean I'm trolling right now, and I haven't even noticed a sizable nibble on my line. A couple of small bumps, but it's just little ones trying to get a little bait. I'm still waiting for the big fish there little guy. You aren't even big enough to get stuck on my hook. Steal a little more bait and come back when you grow some.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! n00bfisch!

Ok well who would be a good opponent(from UFC)? As i said i don?t know much about him other than people saying hes good but i cant imagine hes unbeatable?
Oh, I don't think he's unbeatable -- far from it. But he's an especially dangerous boxer with knockout power in both hands.

I'm saying any UFC star would want somebody else to fight him (for the first time, anyway).

I'm not really a troll and I knew you wouldn't be clever enough to get my hilarious joke...ahh dumb americans' date=' they're so adorable :)[/quote']

I've been lurking around long enough to know who's who. Don't make this no fun! Tis cool though. I've only been here for 77 posts and already half the trolls don't wanna play anymore.

*Sigh*

I've been lurking around long enough to know who's who. Don't make this no fun! Tis cool though. I've only been here for 77 posts and already half the trolls don't wanna play anymore.

*Sigh*

Oh relax...like I said I'm not a troll and I have no interest in your little troll-off competition. Besides, the first person to get offended loses and that was you :)

Winner by TKO........TheTerribleWilliamson!

*The crowd cheers wildly*

Archived