Who should Liddell fight/coach against if Tito refuses?

BioHazard8021

According to the link in the Tito might turn down a fight with Liddell thread, Tito may refuse to fight Liddell. If he does this, i think Dana's anger at this could cause him to be pulled of TUF.

If thats the case, Who should Liddell coach against on the show and inevitable fight afterwards? I think it should be someone he could beat.

...Wanderlei? Maybe if he was convinced to move back up? Just a suggestion. The first fight was good, a rematch could be too.

Sadly' date=' i'm probably the only other person on these forums who agrees that Chuck vs Randy IV would be a kool idea.[/quote']

Really though it is a cool idea. Chuck beat Randy the last two times but Chuck has had a terrible losing streak and has been off the maps for a while now. Randy has been looking decent. Winning at least. Plus these guys are both legends. And this could give Dana an xcuse to give them "serious title contention".

According to the link in the Tito might turn down a fight with Liddell thread' date=' Tito may refuse to fight Liddell. If he does this, i think Dana's anger at this could cause him to be pulled of TUF.

If thats the case, Who should Liddell coach against on the show and inevitable fight afterwards? I think it should be someone he could beat.

...Wanderlei? Maybe if he was convinced to move back up? Just a suggestion. The first fight was good, a rematch could be too.[/quote']

I believe the point in that interview was that he'd pull out if he was hurt. He was still talking about how injured he was against Forest.

Besides that they are already filming the Ultimate Fighter right now.

I believe the point in that interview was that he'd pull out if he was hurt. He was still talking about how injured he was against Forest.

Besides that they are already filming the Ultimate Fighter right now.

And its not like previous coach fights havent been postponed and happened way after the fact. Wasnt Rampage and Rashad supposed to fight? (Yes, I know they are, but still)

im diggin the Rich Franklin idea. that has potential to be a good fight. i just dont think chuck should be fighting anymore. yes the man is a legend, but he is certainly not the chuck from the old days anymore.

chuck vs. tito makes sense i just feel like theres for chuck to gain from beating tito again (i think he would, too). he already beat him twice, what does it prove?

you know id like to see liddel fight brandon vera.. reason being ,early in his career brandon vera called out chuck liddel when chuck was at the pinnacle of his lhw reign and it would probably be a good stand up fight .. only if vera loses to jones which i say he will

you know id like to see liddel fight brandon vera.. reason being ' date='early in his career brandon vera called out chuck liddel when chuck was at the pinnacle of his lhw reign and it would probably be a good stand up fight .. only if vera loses to jones which i say he will[/quote']

yeah good idea. chuck needs to get in the zone!!

"Take a knee"-Franklin - nice advice.. ;)

I'd rather see Antonio Rogerio Nogueira...

BigNog did a great job in TUF8, LilNog would not be a disapointment I think.

Would be a good matchup for both Chuck and LilNog, both got great hands and Chucks TDD vs LilNogs BJJ? I'd wanna see this bout!

This bout would catapult either fighter highly in the contenderslist...

"Take a knee"-Franklin - nice advice.. ;)

I'd rather see Antonio Rogerio Nogueira...

BigNog did a great job in TUF8' date=' LilNog would not be a disapointment I think.

Would be a good matchup for both Chuck and LilNog, both got great hands and Chucks TDD vs LilNogs BJJ? I'd wanna see this bout!

This bout would catapult either fighter highly in the contenderslist...[/quote']

"take a knee" Franklin vs "outcold" Liddel? what's wrong with that, they're both big names and would get good ratings on TV.

Little Nog hasn't got a high enough profile to get the job.

"take a knee" Franklin vs "outcold" Liddel? what's wrong with that' date=' they're both big names and would get good ratings on TV.

Little Nog hasn't got a high enough profile to get the job.[/quote']

I'm not doubting Franklins fighthing or coachingability, that's just a quote of his that's quite funny..

I believe that Dana will tailorsuit Franklin some matchups in LHW so he can ride the rollercoaster up the ladder... just my personal thoughts after the Belfort-bout.

But like you said, both of them would probarbly match up good, get good ratings and make it a good season.

Sure Chuck got knocked out cold in his last bouts, some more brutal than others.

.... But he's still a big name and his overhand right can deliver anyday..

Why I mentioned LilNog is that he's an up'n'comer, he received alot of hype after his bout against Luiz Cane, whom he finished without much effort.

LilNog comes with good credentials and he comes from a really good camp.

I'd like to see this bout taking place eitherway, I doubt that there will be a change in the TUF casting, but a future matchup if Chuck wins over Tito and tries to climb the LHW ladder once again?

- Definetly.

I'm not doubting Franklins fighthing or coachingability' date=' that's just a quote of his that's quite funny..

I believe that Dana will tailorsuit Franklin some matchups in LHW so he can ride the rollercoaster up the ladder... just my personal thoughts after the Belfort-bout.

But like you said, both of them would probarbly match up good, get good ratings and make it a good season.

Sure Chuck got knocked out cold in his last bouts, some more brutal than others.

.... But he's still a big name and his overhand right can deliver anyday..

Why I mentioned LilNog is that he's an up'n'comer, he received alot of hype after his bout against Luiz Cane, whom he finished without much effort.

LilNog comes with good credentials and he comes from a really good camp.

I'd like to see this bout taking place eitherway, I doubt that there will be a change in the TUF casting, but a future matchup if Chuck wins over Tito and tries to climb the LHW ladder once again?

- Definetly.[/quote']

I can see it happening somewhere down the road too - there's a lot of nostalgia fights being set up recently Randy/Coleman, Tito/Chuck (possibly) Rampage/Wandy.

It would be a good fight!

...hasn't got a high enough profile according to who????

I would think that a lot more of the public, not necessarily MMA fans, would have heard of Tito, Franklin, and countless others over Lil Nog.

I'm not talking about his fighting career, I'm saying he's not gonna be a big draw in for viewer ratings.

As with Bisping, it's not how good you are that gets you a coaching job on TUF, it's how well known.

As with Bisping' date=' it's not how good you are that gets you a coaching job on TUF, it's how well known.[/quote']

Exactly!

Bisping only got the job to boost the UFC in the U.K..

Job well done, both U.K fighters ended up winning the season.

But there's also ways of using TUF to show the audience and the fans that fighters are human beings, and in the end... the show is about the fighters in the season - not the coaches which should be considered a bonusfight.

Exactly!

Bisping only got the job to boost the UFC in the U.K..

Job well done' date=' both U.K fighters ended up winning the season.

But there's also ways of using TUF to show the audience and the fans that fighters are human beings, and in the end... the show is about the fighters in the season - not the coaches which should be considered a bonusfight.[/quote']

That's true, by the end of the season I usually care more how the contenders are going to get on rather than the coach fight. That said, the coach selection draws people to the show initially.

I think it is funny that everyone thinks Liddell sucks. Lets see he has lost to Shogun(#02 LHW), Rampage(#03 LHW), Rashad(#04 LHW), and Jardine. I know Chuck is getting old but I don't think he is completely finished. If you put him in front of many 205 pounders he is going to get a KO. He just can't compete against the top 205 pounders.

kimbo

I think that this fight is going to eventually happen and has been planned for a while. There was something really contrived about Tito ripping on Kimbo during his "comeback" press conference. It just seemed to come out of nowhere and the moment I heard it I thought it made sense...Tito is coming back off of a long lay off, back surgery, etc but he's still a big draw, Kimbo needs a win against a big name to earn himself some credibility. If he fights Ortiz and loses well that's okay, he's still learning and Ortiz is a "highly skilled veteran" not a huge blow to his marketability. If Kimbo somehow pulls off a win than he looks great, earns some cred, and while it would hurt Ortiz marketability somewhat it can be spun as "he's still dealing with ring rust" and "not 100%". They can then give Ortiz and Kimbo a few cans to beat all the while hyping a big grudge rematch where this time "Tito is 100% and back to his winning ways" and "Kimbo has established himself a serious threat at 205"...and even though it's all horseshxt we'll all eat it up :)

I thought this thread originally read "Who should Liddell fight against if Tito refuses?"...now it appears as if he interjected coach also...which made my first post Luis Cane not make any sense so I deleted it. I would still like to see Liddell fight Luis C. or Lil Nog down the road as both would be good matchups. Assuming the taping for the show has already started as someone suggested, I guess suggesting a different coach opposite Liddell other than Tito is a mute point.

To New MMA fans.

And thats what its all about.

I would think that a lot more of the public' date=' not necessarily MMA fans, would have heard of Tito, Franklin, and countless others over Lil Nog.

I'm not talking about his fighting career, I'm saying he's not gonna be a big draw in for viewer ratings.

As with Bisping, it's not how good you are that gets you a coaching job on TUF, it's how well known.[/quote']

Since this thread has all of a sudden included coaching along with fighting I guess I would agree with you. The OP pulled a fast one, but I don't think u guys noticed or were around when the thread was originally started. Just for the record, since we're back to just being concerned whether Tito will accept the fight once the show is done I still think Lil Nog would be a good option assuming he and Griffin dont beat up each other too bad.

Since this thread has all of a sudden included coaching along with fighting I guess I would agree with you. The OP pulled a fast one' date=' but I don't think u guys noticed or were around when the thread was originally started. Just for the record, since we're back to just being concerned whether Tito will accept the fight once the show is done I still think Lil Nog would be a good option assuming he and Griffin dont beat up each other too bad.[/quote']

How?

Dont worry Chuck can face Lil Nog after Griffin beats him :cool:

BTW i think Chuck should face Franklin if Tito backs out.

According to the link in the Tito might turn down a fight with Liddell thread' date=' Tito may refuse to fight Liddell. If he does this, i think Dana's anger at this could cause him to be pulled of TUF.

...Wanderlei? Maybe if he was convinced to move back up? Just a suggestion. The first fight was good, a rematch could be too.[/quote']

Keith Jardine.

Lidell/Jardine II

Archived