Gabriel Gonzaga on Junior dos Santos: "I believe I am a better striker."

ricoj3323

"Former UFC heavyweight title contender Gabriel Gonzaga talks about his upcoming fight against fellow Brazilian Junior dos Santos at UFC on Versus 1: "Vera vs. Jones" on March 21 at the Odeum Colorado in Broomfield, CO. The bout will be featured as the night's co-main event.

Many have questioned Gonzaga's proposed strategy to stand with dos Santos due to the fact that he is a very decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and is thought to have a notable advantage if he chooses to take the fight to the mat"

well i agree with Gonzaga and i dont care what anyone says i think he is going to beat dos Santos. War Gonzaga!!!

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Gabriel-Gonzaga-on-Junior-dos-Santos-I-believe-I-am-a-better-striker.html

Well I believe my ******* is as big as John Holmes'.

Believing something doesn't automatically make it fact.

Some people believe Brock Lesnar is actually a highly skilled mixed martial artist.

Some people believe Shogun won the fight with Machida.

Some people believe that a second Mir/Nog fight would be just like the first.

Some people believe the Dallas Cowboys are a good football team...

Like I said believing something does not magically make it so.

JDS FTW via 1st rd sub

Some people believe Brock Lesnar is actually a highly skilled mixed martial artist.

JDS FTW via 1st rd sub

Too bad Shogun DID beat Machida, and Mir will beat Nog no matter what Nog does, and Brock in a rubber match

IMHO I think Gonzaga will be lucky if he makes it to the 3rd round. Dos Santos has ended almost all of his fights by KO. To state that he has more KO power would be an understatement. He basically crushed Cro Cop's eye socket, to the point where Cro Cop could not see out of his eye. Sure Gonzaga almost knocked Cro Cop's head off, but he's gonna be hit by a guy that you can literally see has the power to crack ribs (Look at the pic of him ripping into Cro Cop's body, he's literally punching through his ribs).

I think Gonzaga has a better ground game, but I don't know how much better it is, as JDS never goes to the ground with his opponent, though he has been trained by Nog. It's pretty hard to take JDS down, and Gonzaga seems to struggle with taking opponents down that know how to sprawl (Look at Randy Couture). Sure, Gonzaga can take down smaller opponents, but he's going against a naturally large HW (JDS is 240lbs. and rock solid, unlike Gonzaga, who dines on cheeseburgers all day). Look what JDS did to Werdum, who I might add beat up Gonzaga twice.

IMHO I think Gonzaga will be lucky if he makes it to the 3rd round. Dos Santos has ended almost all of his fights by KO. To state that he has more KO power would be an understatement. He basically crushed Cro Cop's eye socket' date=' to the point where Cro Cop could not see out of his eye. Sure Gonzaga almost knocked Cro Cop's head off, but he's gonna be hit by a guy that you can literally see has the power to crack ribs (Look at the pic of him ripping into Cro Cop's body, he's literally punching through his ribs).

I think Gonzaga has a better ground game, but I don't know how much better it is, as JDS never goes to the ground with his opponent, though he has been trained by Nog. It's pretty hard to take JDS down, and Gonzaga seems to struggle with taking opponents down that know how to sprawl (Look at Randy Couture). Sure, Gonzaga can take down smaller opponents, but he's going against a naturally large HW (JDS is 240lbs. and rock solid, unlike Gonzaga, who dines on cheeseburgers all day). Look what JDS did to Werdum, who I might add beat up Gonzaga twice.[/quote']

if you want to be techical JDS hasnt ended all his fights by KO, seven by TKO and three by submission

"Former UFC heavyweight title contender Gabriel Gonzaga talks about his upcoming fight against fellow Brazilian Junior dos Santos at UFC on Versus 1: "Vera vs. Jones" on March 21 at the Odeum Colorado in Broomfield' date=' CO. The bout will be featured as the night's co-main event.

Many have questioned Gonzaga's proposed strategy to stand with dos Santos due to the fact that he is a very decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and is thought to have a notable advantage if he chooses to take the fight to the mat"

well i agree with Gonzaga and i dont care what anyone says i think he is going to beat dos Santos. War Gonzaga!!!

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Gabriel-Gonzaga-on-Junior-dos-Santos-I-believe-I-am-a-better-striker.html[/quote']

if gonzaga stands with dos santos hes out in the first 2 mintues

If Gonzaga actually tries to stand & strike, JDS will put him to sleep. Just because you got 1 good kick against Cro Cop doesn't mean you should try to hang with guys who can knock you out. I hope Gonzaga is on his back in the first round and I don't have to see his pig nose & giant nostrils very long.

One of thoughs submissions are listed by Wikipedia (I know they suck) as Submission (Exhaustion) lol

JDS with a 2nd RD KO for the win

Oh man I found another Submission (Exhaustion) in Gonzaga's record too!!!!! lol

They might just wear each other out and both end up gasping for air on the canvas!!! lol I feel a Draw comin on!!!

Just kidding! JDS will have his hand raised at the end of this fight IMO

JDS FTW via 1st rd sub

i read a lot of threads every day, but dont usually comment. but i like ur style homie. except for the whole cowboys thing thats been my team since i was 6 years old.....

One of thoughs submissions are listed by Wikipedia (I know they suck) as Submission (Exhaustion) lol

JDS with a 2nd RD KO for the win

Oh man I found another Submission (Exhaustion) in Gonzaga's record too!!!!! lol

They might just wear each other out and both end up gasping for air on the canvas!!! lol I feel a Draw comin on!!!

Just kidding! JDS will have his hand raised at the end of this fight IMO

wow you use wikipedia as a reference, how bout trying sherdog fighter finder or mixedmartialarts.com

Archived