BJ Penn v Floyd Mayweather

DarkReflection

He's around the weight neccessary. Also great boxing. I like it as a boxing match.

As a pure boxing match I'd give the edge to Floyd simply because that's what he does, and even though I think he's a ****y arrogant uneducated ******. He is a good boxer.

I'd like to see the MMA match so Floyd can feel what 5oz gloves and elbows do to your face. And I want to see him get caught or panic in the clinch because in boxing...you clinch and get separated by the ref...you don't fight in close like that...it's what you do when you get rocked in boxing and you need time to clear your head. Floyd wouldn't know what the **** to do when he finds himself eating knees to the grill from the clinch.

And yeah..on the ground....hopeless....I think everyone in the UFC LW division would handle Floyd on the ground.

Cheers

-DR

is this the most stupid thread ever???

barring a lucky punch one way or the other... in a boxing match, floyd would DESTROY bj, and as a mma fight Bj would DESTROY floyd.

Regardless of peoples thoughts on the 2, in boxing floyd is the very best (until manny ko's him, im hoping!!) and BJ at his weight is untouchable in mma. they would simply hammer each other in their own arena (boxing ring or cage)

and id go as far to say.... if you disagree, youre an idiot! :)

barring a lucky punch one way or the other... in a boxing match' date=' floyd would DESTROY bj, and as a mma fight Bj would DESTROY floyd.

Regardless of peoples thoughts on the 2, in boxing floyd is the very best (until manny ko's him, im hoping!!) and BJ at his weight is untouchable in mma. they would simply hammer each other in their own arena (boxing ring or cage)

and id go as far to say.... if you disagree, youre an idiot! :)[/quote']

+1

barring a lucky punch one way or the other... in a boxing match' date=' floyd would DESTROY bj, and as a mma fight Bj would DESTROY floyd.

and id go as far to say.... if you disagree, youre an idiot! :)[/quote']

Wow. I made the stupidest thread ever? Do I get an award?

If you read what I've said on the subject you'd know that I agree with you. That said, this thread wasn't about "who would win" because anyone that knows anything about the two sports knows what the outcomes would be. As you pointed out with your "idiot" comment.

This thread was supposed to be more about...Mayweather..his comments about MMA...and the fact that Penn would be the perfect guy to shut the ******* up. Just a fun little..."let's get together as fans" and dream of seeing this boxing punk get owned in a COMPLETE fight where hugging your opponent doesn't mean a break from fighting...and shins can knock out your teeth...or arms can be snapped or you can be choked out.

THAT was my initial intention...but no dude...your probably right...I know nothing at all about boxing or MMA...

Cheers

-DR

Honestly, in a boxing match, I don't think BJ would get whooped as badly as people say he would. Let's not forget that BJ has fought guys WAY bigger then him back in the day and has never been rocked or knocked out by any of those bigger guys. If dudes like Lyoto Machida, GSP, and all the other bigger guys that BJ fought over the years couldn't rock or knock him out, then there sure as HELL ain't no way Floyd could knock out BJ. Floyd isn't a knockout artist. He's just really fast. So if anything he'd prolly just outpoint BJ. Same as he has all the other dudes he's fought. But I HIGHLY doubt he would spank him like a 4 year old at K-Mart. BJ's got some solid boxing, an extremly hard chin, and he's tought as nails. Not to mention his cardio has vastly improved as well over the years. So I'd give him a good chance of possibly beating Floyd. But, we'll never know. Cause this will never happen. And we all know Floyd would go crying to his mommy after BJ would beat the crap outta him in an MMA match, lol. but this is all wishful thinking...Although I would LOVE to see it though. Just so Mayweather would get what he deserves and shut the hell up! I hope Pac Man destroys him...if and when Floyd stops being a wuss and fights Pac like a man.

Honestly, in a boxing match, I don't think BJ would get whooped as badly as people say he would. Let's not forget that BJ has fought guys WAY bigger then him back in the day and has never been rocked or knocked out by any of those bigger guys. If dudes like Lyoto Machida, GSP, and all the other bigger guys that BJ fought over the years couldn't rock or knock him out, then there sure as HELL ain't no way Floyd could knock out BJ. Floyd isn't a knockout artist. He's just really fast. So if anything he'd prolly just outpoint BJ. Same as he has all the other dudes he's fought. But I HIGHLY doubt he would spank him like a 4 year old at K-Mart. BJ's got some solid boxing, an extremly hard chin, and he's tought as nails. Not to mention his cardio has vastly improved as well over the years. So I'd give him a good chance of possibly beating Floyd. But, we'll never know. Cause this will never happen.

Bj has a great chin and i dont think he would get knocked out but he clearly would be outclassed by him. If boxing greats struggle to land a single shot on him then bj would not have a chance. Bj is a good boxer in mma but probably wouldnt even be domestic level in boxing. The one thing that would be interesting with having a proper boxer is proper bodyshots. Bj has a great chin but if you get hit properly to the body your going down.

Wow. I made the stupidest thread ever? Do I get an award?

If you read what I've said on the subject you'd know that I agree with you. That said' date=' this thread wasn't about "who would win" because anyone that knows anything about the two sports knows what the outcomes would be. As you pointed out with your "idiot" comment.

This thread was supposed to be more about...Mayweather..his comments about MMA...and the fact that Penn would be the perfect guy to shut the ******* up. Just a fun little..."let's get together as fans" and dream of seeing this boxing punk get owned in a COMPLETE fight where hugging your opponent doesn't mean a break from fighting...and shins can knock out your teeth...or arms can be snapped or you can be choked out.

THAT was my initial intention...but no dude...your probably right...I know nothing at all about boxing or MMA...

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

in that case..... get mayweather in the ufc coz i too would like to see his **** kicked for 4.95 rounds.... ending with a brutal ko!! :D

but, it was still the most stupid thread ever so here goes.....

Ladies (sco, ak, ron) and gentlemen (the remainder of us),

i am pleased to present the award for ''the most stupid thread ever in a ufc forum''

after careful consideration, one candidates entry stood out more than any other, so i present to you.,.

DARK REFLECTION....

;)

i agree that in the respective sports...each fighter will dominate, however, it was floyd always talking s*&t and saying that he would love to fight mma. This guy is a fool and if he ever does get in the cage, especially against BJ, it would be a pleasure to see him tap in the first round.

why does it have to be Penn? Surely Aldo would be a better match up' date=' seeing how FMJ fights between 140-147, i know he stepped up in weight to fight De La Hoya but he won't be doing that again, he lost to much speed at JMW[/quote']

I think for the people who give this the stupid thread award - this is what I find interesting. Who is at the weight to fight. Floyd fights at 147 and will probably never go down again, he'd make 155 easy (154 I think is LMW in boxing).

I'd prefer BJ than Aldo in a boxing match. Either of them in an MMA match. Like has been said, MMA match and Mayweather's done and dusted. Boxing and yes, it's almost definitely Mayweather.

Archived